IGNORED

Queen

Adamovich

I am pretty young here and this band is the band of my life, in the middle of a 90s i was trying to play like Roger Taylor on my dad's drums, apart from electronic music, being drunk I can tell you that no other band will be more important than Queen, I was raised with all that masterpieces and I am proud of it, I don't give a shit about the older bands or sth like it, that was my fathers bands let's say, Queen was my first important band of a childhood and unfortunately nothing else will be better than this. What do you, especially brits, make of all this, is it Queen an important band for you?

I am pretty young here and this band is the band of my life, in the middle of a 90s i was trying to play like Roger Taylor on my dad's drums, apart from electronic music, being drunk I can tell you that no other band will be more important than Queen, I was raised with all that masterpieces and I am proud of it, I don't give a shit about the older bands or sth like it, that was my fathers bands let's say, Queen was my first important band of a childhood and unfortunately nothing else will be better than this. What do you, especially brits, make of all this, is it Queen an important band for you?

i grew up hearing Queen.

i personally think that they were kinda influential, but not nearly as much as the following:

Joy Division

Sex Pistols

The Ramones

My Bloody Valentine

Led Zeppelin

Guest Wall Bird

Perhaps you'd enjoy Sparks. I was just introduced to this band a week ago and have been swimming in their music ever since. They certainly bear a resemblance to Queen, and as a matter of fact Queen opened for Sparks during a tour early in their career. They've got a great body of work and continue to make music up to the present.

[youtubehd]beAbFjDER3Q[/youtubehd]

Guest Wall Bird

No mention of Queen can go without this gem:

[youtubehd]HgzGwKwLmgM[/youtubehd]

Also, one more promotion for Sparks:

[youtubehd]QAzESJ62irI&feature=related[/youtubehd]

yes, queen was probably the first band i really loved.

the first greatest hits comp vinyl (http://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/queen/greatest_hits/) was on heavy rotation from 7-11 of age.

exactly the same here. i started playing piano at 7 so i could learn how to play a few different queen songs.

Guest Dirty Protest

Yeah Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden are my fathers bands.

Cheers for reminding me of my impending doom.

Guest Wall Bird

There's a serious lack of music in this thread:

[youtubehd]NXVALbcjOpk[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]GugsCdLHm-Q[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]kkxWyt7K4hw[/youtubehd]

i don't understand the love for queen. i find them over the top and pompous.. and i like prog!

Agree.

There's this musical I went to in London for high school, "We Will Rock You", I hated it. I began hating it even more when they started singing about computer music ruining "real" music as it has no soul etc. etc.

Guest Dirty Protest

Blame Ben Elton for that. Or optionally blame Ben Elton for everything. Its quite cathartic.

I quite like a bit of Queen. I dont really see it as pompous, more a sense of ridiculous fun.

i don't understand the love for queen. i find them over the top and pompous.. and i like prog!

Agree.

There's this musical I went to in London for high school, "We Will Rock You", I hated it. I began hating it even more when they started singing about computer music ruining "real" music as it has no soul etc. etc.

yeah, Queen had a long running thing that they weren't going to use synthesizers in their music...

then they made Radio Gaga, which makes extensive use of a Roland Jupiter 8 for the bassline.

:facepalm:

i started disliking queen (and most 60's/70's bands) by the 80's, every fucking band on this time period got cheap and cheesy as hell with their horrible use of electronic instruments, such as electronic drums, i mean, on pop(electro/disco) it definitely fits, but on rock, meh

water jumping out of the snares wtf

except for the FLASH OST, that's brilliant!!!

Perhaps you'd enjoy Sparks. I was just introduced to this band a week ago and have been swimming in their music ever since. They certainly bear a resemblance to Queen, and as a matter of fact Queen opened for Sparks during a tour early in their career. They've got a great body of work and continue to make music up to the present.

[youtubehd]beAbFjDER3Q[/youtubehd]

I love queen. "Innuendo" was my first CD (although not my first album).

I think they are some of the most incredible musicians in rock history.

However, I think I like Sparks more.

Guest Greg Reason

Queen are/were utterly brilliant. The songwriting chops alone are simply astonishing, and then there's the performances...

I can understand that some people will not get into them because of the very overt flavour of their work but I daresay that I feel very sorry for those people! The Queen catalog is a veritable treasure-trove of classic shit that stands up to the most modern of releases in that the songwriting is utterly bulletproof and could not be bettered. Production has come a long way but it just doesn't seem possible that one could improve on what these guys did.

Archived