IGNORED

RoboCop Remake

posture

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

This looks marginally better than the first trailer. Still can't get to excited about the film though. Even with all the drone stuff thrown in, I don't think this is a story in need of modernizing.

i can't even tell if a movie looks watchable from these trailers anymore. it's like every one is edited by the same guy.

it also always stars the same people so technically, it isn't even a different film. just the same film over and over again

Sounds like it has been a long and troubled production. Too long to spend time on a remake. Annoyingly long (in the sense that, if this is how long they take to do a remake, just fuck off). I'll watch it out of interest, but will be pretty pissed off with myself I like it in the slightest. The producers seem to be a bunch of burnt out acid freaks stuck in a perpetual time warp. Can they take any longer? Not that I'm in a hurry to see it, it's just that this has been hanging around for the best part of a decade. Even though theres a trailer don't expect a release date till 2018, by which time there will have already been a sequel.

Sounds like it has been a long and troubled production. Too long to spend time on a remake. Annoyingly long (in the sense that, if this is how long they take to do a remake, just fuck off). I'll watch it out of interest, but will be pretty pissed off with myself I like it in the slightest. The producers seem to be a bunch of burnt out acid freaks stuck in a perpetual time warp. Can they take any longer? Not that I'm in a hurry to see it, it's just that this has been hanging around for the best part of a decade. Even though theres a trailer don't expect a release date till 2018, by which time there will have already been a sequel.

Clearly you have a profound and thorough understanding of the movie industry and its machinations.

Yeah, it's a remake, just get it over and done with already. Like what they're doing with the Suspiria remake. All these millions of dollars in the hands of some acid fuelled Stonehenge vistiting, Woodstock throwbacks. Don't know who these guys are but its no wonder Darren Aronofsky left the project in disgust.

Clearly you have a profound and thorough understanding of the movie industry and its machinations.

I'm pretty sure it says 2014 on the trailer.

I'm pretty sure it says 2014 on the trailer.

Yeah, it probably will get released next year but still some serious delays. When they went into pre-production on this the original Swedish versions of Dragon Tattoo and Let the Right One In still hadn't gone into pre-production. Both have spawned remakes in the time it's taken for these studio bosses to choose a replacement director and begin filming. Painfully slow, dread to think how many tens of millions have slipped through the net while these producers have been sitting in their big mansions having flashbacks of Led Zeppelin n shit.

I think these trailers are trying really hard to distance any direct comparison the original which is what Padilha has said from the beginning. I'm hoping it's not going to be as bad as it could be however my dream of a modern ultra violent adult sci-fi with the same gritty edge of the Elite Squad films has sadly long past.

I found this a while back which is a talk Peter Weller did when they showed the original Robocop after a Star Trek premier or something. It's a tad long but very insightful and I was glued all the way through as although Peter Weller who's normally quite an introverted actor is very animated when talking about the stuff he likes.

I think these trailers are trying really hard to distance any direct comparison the original which is what Padilha has said from the beginning.

This begs the question - why call it Robocop at all, then?

Why not call it something different? Why have all these nods to the original film? Clearly someone is very confused about this whole project, and its certainly not you soundwave.

I think these trailers are trying really hard to distance any direct comparison the original which is what Padilha has said from the beginning.

Why not call it something different? Why have all these nods to the original film? Clearly someone is very confused about this whole project, and its certainly not you soundwave.

this project has been a confusion from the very begining ever since the Arronofsky sequel debacle. Its just a shame the producers have only seen dollar signs just like every other tame remake, prequel and reboot. This isn't the same spirit in which the original classics were etched into history and is just for the quick buck whilst keeping critics not too critical.

I can only imagine the Robocop Padilha really wanted to make would have been pretty awesome.

this project has been a confusion from the very begining ever since the Arronofsky sequel debacle. Its just a shame the producers have only seen dollar signs just like every other tame remake, prequel and reboot. This isn't the same spirit in which the original classics were etched into history and is just for the quick buck whilst keeping critics not too critical.

I can only imagine the Robocop Padilha really wanted to make would have been pretty awesome.

It's not just me is it? This isn't simply a case of me getting old and having a "get off my lawn" mindset - I can't think of a time in history where there has been such a blatant regurgitating of of stuff. I know Hollywood was built on exploitation, but this is definitely another level, and it's been going on for ages now.

Hollywood doesn't give two shits about a good script anymore, they find a target audience and the they bring in some monkeys to write something that will appeal to the lowest common denominator. That's how it goes when everything gets consolidated into megacorps and the only motivation is high revenue.

Hollywood doesn't give two shits about a good script anymore, they find a target audience and the they bring in some monkeys to write something that will appeal to the lowest common denominator. That's how it goes when everything gets consolidated into megacorps and the only motivation is high revenue.

Yeah but hasn't it always really been about money?

I think it's simply that audiences are eating this shit up, so they keep churning it out.

Maybe, I like to pretend there used to be producers and picture companies doing it for the love of the art, and that all these passionate people have been downsized, because they weren't making the cut financially but then again, this is all in my head.

Archived