IGNORED

RoboCop Remake

posture

its not a good sign when a trailer seems to be filled with every 'money' shot from the actual film as well as being mixed with an equal number of really hokey stilted acting. IF this is the best they could come up with for a trailer, run the other direction. Reminds me of the Prometheus trailer with the awkward scream by Idris Elba capping off the end 'HEads UP' as it literally shows the FUCKING ENDING of the movie in the trailer, that the spaceship blows up.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pennywise

Have we offically ran out of ideas now? I don't get excited about any movies anymore. Can't remember the last amazing film I saw.

This is the remake era. The 80's remake era

but I have faith in Jose Padilha and apparently it will be rated R.

I talked to José Padilha by phone a week ago. He will begin filming Robocop. He is saying that it is the worst experience of his life. Every 10 ideas he has, 9 are cut. Anything he wants, he has to fight. 'This is hell here,' he said to me. 'The film will be good, but I never suffered so much and do not want to do it again.' He is bitter, but he's a fighter.

but I have faith in Jose Padilha and apparently it will be rated R.

I talked to José Padilha by phone a week ago. He will begin filming Robocop. He is saying that it is the worst experience of his life. Every 10 ideas he has, 9 are cut. Anything he wants, he has to fight. 'This is hell here,' he said to me. 'The film will be good, but I never suffered so much and do not want to do it again.' He is bitter, but he's a fighter.

I think this was in the initial stages when the film was supposed to be out this August but they decided to shove Elysium in the slot and put Robocop back another year so I hope the extra time has made a difference.

trailers these days are absolutely horrible, they basically flesh out the whole movie (not that it would matter much in the case of a remake). why can't they make it more teaser-like and more mysterious about what's actually going to happen in the film ?

the last good teaser i saw was that ted talk with guy pearce as a promotion for prometheus, but they did put an actual full-retard trailer afterwards as well. i mean the info that would sell tickets was already abound, it was high budget, with ridley scoot as a director and other superstars. why the hell go on and put out a 2 minute summary of the actual film ?

Guest Shit Attack

trailers these days are absolutely horrible, they basically flesh out the whole movie (not that it would matter much in the case of a remake). why can't they make it more teaser-like and more mysterious about what's actually going to happen in the film ?

the last good teaser i saw was that ted talk with guy pearce as a promotion for prometheus, but they did put an actual full-retard trailer afterwards as well. i mean the info that would sell tickets was already abound, it was high budget, with ridley scoot as a director and other superstars. why the hell go on and put out a 2 minute summary of the actual film ?

this is a pretty good mysterious type trailer but the movie may well suck

Looks like it will be shit.

the only reason i'd catch this on video is to see Michael keaton and gary oldman acting together, other than that it looks as bland as the Total Recall remake, with a lot of fancy highly detail packed CGI

Yeah, seeing Michael Keaton was the only thing that got me excited.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I'm tired of these god damn remakes. It's like unearthing a petrified megafauna turd and dressing it with gold flakes.

To be honest I'd pay to see that

Archived