IGNORED

BT's wikipedia page

modey

BT is known for using a production technique he calls the stutter edit. This technique consists of taking a small fragments of sound and then repeating it rhythmically. BT was entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for his song Somnambulist. This song was recognized as using the largest number of vocal edits in a song (6,178 edits.)

can somebody count the amount of stutters on the vocals in ccec? heheh.

there are 2 types of artists in the world:

1. the truly creative and skilled ones

2. the ones that are well known because they go around self-promoting themselves at every opportunity.

the only reason bt (lowercase) is in Guiness is because he most likely contacted them himself, which probably went something like this:

*ring* *ring*

Guiness: hello?

bt: hay guiz this is bt, world famous techno producer. but you probably already heard of me.

Guiness: um, actually no.

bt: um, well anyway... you guys know the stutter edit, right?

Guiness: no.

bt: well, it's this thing... and i have more of them in my song than anyone else!

Guiness: ok.

bt: so, could you guys come over and measure this?

Guiness: *silence*

bt: ...and, um... put me in your book and stuff?

bt: ...and like, give me a little gif or something i could put on my website that says i'm in your book?

bt: please? guys?

Guiness: *sigh* oh alright.

bt: cool! and don't forget to link to my website! it's bt dot ....

Guiness: *click*

i mean, who really gives a crap about this bullshit? as if he made all 6,178 edits by hand, laboring for years over an old reel to reel tape with a razor and some scotch tape.

bt can go take a flying leap at a rolling donut on a gravel driveway for all i care.

Why does the wiki page for stutter edit say it was developed and patented by BT. Surely, people has done this sort of editing before BT. Ok, he made a program that does this, but the technique is nothing new, right?

I admit that BT knows his chops, but somehow he comes off as a cunt who thinks he is more important than he is.

I've never really liked bt, his music seems uninspired and dull, and I'd agree he's always seemed to come off as a cunt

This Binary Universe is alright, nothing original, but nice enough and not the usual trance affair he makes. This album of course propelled him in his fans eyes to a modern age Mozart.

sorry, but it's referenced; and not only is it referenced, but it's a guinness book of records reference. no arguing that one.

don't forget that it is recognised. and it's recorded. it is a recognised recorded reference.

Why does the wiki page for stutter edit say it was developed and patented by BT. Surely, people has done this sort of editing before BT.

Ma- Ma- Make 'em- Make 'em clap to this

Guest yikes

guys were doing manual tape edit stutters in the 80s on remixes and it was a common thing to ear back in the day on wbls' master mixes at night

buffer overide came out in like 02 or 2003 and is FREE

many ppl were doing stutters just with an MPC and the note repeat function/pitch slider/and adding the mpc filters from velocity on the pads in hip hop as early as 90-91 [DOC RODREIGUEZ,PREMEIR,ETC]

bt and his software are really not that innovative

BUT

on the other hand he gets to produce tracks for peter gabriel and hollywood ,so i don't really think he cares THAt much about what rich or Ae ate fer breakfast

Context: BT tweets to RDevine right after the release of 'his' new stutter edit plugin

"BT: Dear @RichardDevine I am coming to Atl in two weeks

for you to teach me how to use my own plugin. OMG :

:facepalm:

i mean in some ways i have to give him some credit for admitting he just farms all his work out like some sort of slave master hiring kids in india to make paintings for him to sell

Guest Coalbucket PI

I've never heard of this, it sounds like eastern european trance from 1999. Is this stutter thing really even anything? A delay pedal can do that

Archived