IGNORED

BT's wikipedia page

modey

lol

but seriously on the topic of guinness book, they are known to be totally wrong and full of shit AKA endtroducing being entirely constructed of samples, when vocals were recorded in a studio

One fun thing with BT is that he seems to get his shit stolen a lot, including his kid. He also got SARS amidst a 3-month long snare rush (probably butchered the joke, but whatever)

He has quite the hair policy as well.

Brian_Transeau_aka_BT.jpg

Holy shit, I'm lol'ing and lol'ing--excuse me, lloollolollllooooolllllllloolollol

YTMND

LOL

i made that ytmnd. can't believe you dug it up. perfect.

It's all technicalities: he got the record for vocal edits. Plenty of Autechre et al. music has more "edits" as defined by BT but he captured everybody's imagination by claiming vocal edits because no one would give a fuck about your MAX/MSP patch that did 10 million edits on a single kick sample. It's as old as time: pharmacies made their own carbonated sweetened drinks all the time but Coca-Cola is why some parts of America call any carbonated drink a "Coke".

It all comes out in the wash though. Imagine BT and Flahbulb's life. They must know that there is a small, nagging kernel of wank at the heart of everything they do. They recognize that Aphex Twin and Autechre get a level of respect that they will never have. They can fall back on that old "look at all my money and 'yes' people in my life" but everyone knows that that only works for a little while. People like that know that their love is a function of how hard they whore themselves and if they stopped, so would the hype. Autechre or Aphex Twin could never squidge another bleep and still be lauded now and for generations to come.

Post of the year

lol i actually listened to the song just now and i have a hard time believing there are 6000 vocal edits, does that just mean each time the little clip of the sample is repeated counts as an edit? so like, every time the vocals stutter thats like 300 edits?

if the 'edits' are done by hand why do they sound so fucking boring? its actually not something to brag about when you've done all this work by hand and it sounds automated with a stutter plugin

sorry, but it's referenced; and not only is it referenced, but it's a guinness book of records reference. no arguing that one.

haha , the wikipedia feedback loop of truth

sorry, but it's referenced; and not only is it referenced, but it's a guinness book of records reference. no arguing that one.

i know! it's a real problem on wiki.

lol i actually listened to the song just now and i have a hard time believing there are 6000 vocal edits, does that just mean each time the little clip of the sample is repeated counts as an edit? so like, every time the vocals stutter thats like 300 edits?

yes, which makes this all the more laughable

I still like the song. How embarrassing! But I do. Have for years. We're talking about N*Sync, "Dirty Pop," right?

;-p

i know! it's a real problem on wiki.

He or his label/agent contacted the guinness book of records, the organization usually "documents" records at the request of those attempting them. And who cares, the guinness book of records is pretty lame now, remember when it was a simple book with crazy stats and black and white pictures of things like the world's fattest twins...on motorcycles? It was always the most checked out book in middle school. Now it's a commercialized glossy almanac of nonsense like grammy award records...and maybe an updated photo of that Indian guy with the longest fingernails. :facepalm:

Guest Fatcaesar

He only made 1 good album.. This Binary Universe, and it fucking rocks! other then that i don't care.. his music sucks.

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: right i think this thread is done

If you feel the reason for closing it was incorrect, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it. Kind regards, We Are The Music Makers Forums Staff

Archived