IGNORED

Astrobotnia 00

elusive4

This is a fascinating release. The artwork is very suitable for the sounds and textures in the music. I'm glad I found this thread otherwise I would not have heard about this.

this is much better than i expected. He kind of threw me off with the 'short attention span' one, maybe that was the intention to release some of his most sub par material followed by possibly his best yet (yes i really believe this)

I doubt he would release anything he felt is sub par...

Anyway I agree with the general consensus here regarding 0, wow, this album is amazing!

Doesn't Bandcamp metatag your tracks for you based on the album info you input on the page? My guess is he didn't realize it was going to make the artist Aleksi Perala. Changed mine so they stay filed under Astrobotnia. Hope you don't mind, Aleksi. :emotawesomepm9:

I doubt he would release anything he felt is sub par...

well i doubt he would either, to put it more succinctly, i think it's safe to say short attention span was one of the less exciting Alexi releases, and it was followed up by his most exciting in many years.

what i meant above, is that it might have been intentional to throw people off a bit, release something that would almost give one the impression he couldn't possibly be sitting on something as great as Astrobotnia 0

Edited by Awepittance

that's weird yes but i had heard a few of this tracks (via a bootleg recording or myspace) before & i was really impressed he had this kind of (reaally top) tracks in his vault. i saw astrobotnia live, back in 2002, & while i expected some astrobotnia tracks (from part1,2,3) he played a set of (then) unreleased tunes !

Guest arbee

this release is amazing. I get a nostalgic feeling cause I haven't listened to the astrobotnia stuff for a while now.

listened to it almost all day at job today :)

Have been listening to "Ovuca - Short Attention Span" and "Astrobotnia - Part 00" back-to-back today... really good to hear these new/old tracks!!!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

first listen.

unknown variable kicked my ass

this is masterful stuff

was never a fan of ovuca though. not sure why, just never connected with it the same way i did with astrobot

yaaaaay ! track 7

i snipped that melody out of pt3 trk1 andl ooped it for days

now i have it in a fastt rack!

Guest bitroast

New Earth, Rainforest, The Message and Afterwards are songs which he'd made available for streaming on an earlier version of his website a year or so back.

maybe he feels it's not a strictly new release but a collection of older tracks or something?

maybe he feels it's not a strictly new release but a collection of older tracks or something?

That's just what I assumed this album is, especially from the '00' bit.

Guest bitroast

yeah yeah.

although, wasn't metal union an album of older tracks as well? or something along those lines?

if so, what's the difference between him releasing an album as a digital only release on rephlex, and him release a digital only release through bandcamp.

i have no idea why these albums haven't been released on rephlex, but im not too fussed. im just happy to have new aleksi :)