Space Stations

Braintree

Vote for Space Stations this Spring.

InternationalSpaceStation1.jpg

mir.jpg

space-station-freedom-1985-space-art.jpg

Space+Station+V.JPG

:cool:

This message has the Squid of Approval by Braintree.

The Sulaco was supposed to look like a gun because James Cameron is mentally 12. :wang:

The only thing more IDM than space stations is hearing "Hub" in your head every time you look at external shots/depictions of space stations OH GOD WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHfnc4Sb7Pk

Guest Gary C

solaris+4.jpg

I love space stations, but I wouldn't vote for them.

But I would vote for Sam Neill.

sam-neill-jurassic-park.jpg

He's IDM, right? Into dinosaurs much?

Guest yikes

gordon cooper

the first man to sleep in orbit

is there anything more idm then that?

also he was super out spoken about the existence of UFOs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Cooper

bassmofo

Toward the end of the Faith 7 flight there were mission-threatening technical problems. During the 19th orbit the capsule had a power failure, carbon dioxide levels began rising and the cabin temperature jumped to over a hundred degrees Fahrenheit. Cooper fell back on his understanding of star patterns, took manual control of the tiny capsule and successfully estimated the correct pitch for re-entry into the atmosphere. Some precision was needed in the calculation since if the capsule came in too deep g-forces would be too large and if its trajectory was too shallow it would absorb too much heat and burn up. Cooper drew lines on the capsule window to help him check his orientation before firing the re-entry rockets. "So I used my wrist watch for time," he later recalled, "my eyeballs out the window for attitude. Then I fired my retrorockets at the right time and landed right by the carrier."[4][5] Cooper's cool-headed performance and piloting skills led to a basic rethinking of design philosophy for later space missions.

Archived