IGNORED

Schwarzenegger signs on for Terminator 5

Rubin Farr

I thought T4 was ok, but I was slightly drunk and prepared for something far worse than T3. Didn't T4 flop at the box office though? I'm thinking this new one will be as good as transformers 2.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest glasse

One of the main things that annoyed me in Salvation was Sam Worthington's yell. He does this *action yell* whenever he's fighting, moving something heavy, etc. that is reminiscent of the hollywood scream. He did it in Clash of the Titans, too.

Unfortunatly, T4 seemed to focus much more on his character whereas John Connor seemed almost secondary. I realize that by this point Connor is hardened and reclusive, but I think there are ways to show that on film without just pushing the main character not only of your movie, but the entire saga off to the side. Also, I just don't see Bale as John Connor. Even though T2, T3 and SCC all had different actors play the role I thought the cast choice and performance all synced up. Granted they were all teen/20s Connor, but a person doesn't change that much in their 30s from when they are younger.

At least they seem to have decided not to rape the Alien franchise anymore (for now).

i guess you've not heard of Prometheus

Yeah i had heard of that, but its not about the Alien franchise anymore I didnt think?

*edit* Shit, it is. :facepalm:

T5 should be about Edward Furlong going back in time to T2 to kill himself before he turns into an alcoholic gender bending monster.

Nothing will ever beat the greatness that is Terminator 2 and Terminator (in order of greatness).

Truth.

I guess they could have CGI Ahh-nold with him doing the voiceover, but unless they really pull it off well (and T4 did NOT pull off a CGI Arnold well at all, I thought), it's going to drag down what is ultimately going to be a pale shell of a movie compared to the first two. Plus, what more story can they really tell? Finally defeat the machines and reclaim the earth?

Nothing will ever beat the greatness that is Terminator 2 and Terminator (in order of greatness).

Finally defeat the machines and reclaim the earth?

Well, yeah, they *could* do that, but you know that there will be a short scene after the credits have rolled, where out of the smoke and destruction there will be a T-800 arm in the wreckage that twitches a bit...

Truth.

I guess they could have CGI Ahh-nold with him doing the voiceover, but unless they really pull it off well (and T4 did NOT pull off a CGI Arnold well at all, I thought), it's going to drag down what is ultimately going to be a pale shell of a movie compared to the first two. Plus, what more story can they really tell? Finally defeat the machines and reclaim the earth?

Thing about this is, it was only his face that was cgi as well, the rest of his body was a body double!

i still think Terminator 1 is unbeatable in the series. While 2 is a great film, it is a total rehash of the 1st one without a lot of the horror/dark elements that made the first one so awesome. plus Michael Biehn = erection, in more ways than one

They will probably have him play the original model for the Terminator, and therefore aged at that point. You know, like Bishop in Alien 3.

you mean like this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4C-DZkIZjk

Truth.

Thing about this is, it was only his face that was cgi as well, the rest of his body was a body double!

Perhaps that's what was so jarring about it - it just looked too... artificial.

at least 4 wasn't as bad as 3.

saying that, i can't really remember what happened in 4 apart from laughing at christian bale. i can't take that man seriously anymore.

first of all wrong, Terminator 3 had arnold /argument

second of all, that's is all

at least 4 wasn't as bad as 3.

saying that, i can't really remember what happened in 4 apart from laughing at christian bale. i can't take that man seriously anymore.

first of all wrong, Terminator 3 had arnold /argument

second of all, that's is all

The Sarah Connor Chronicles didn't have Arnold in it, and it kicked the shit out of both T3 and T4.

i really wish they hadn't cancelled the show. the guy who played John Henry was brilliant

A terminator movie where the time machine way overshoots its destination date & sends the titular robot back to prehistoric times. The entire movie would be about it trying to survive for millions of years fighting dinosaurs, cavemen, vikings, pirates, etc.

awesome.

He doesn't have anyone to kill and is essentially immortal. So decides to develop technology and build skynet himself using the labour of the empire he has carved. 3000 years ago.

:sparta:

Truth.

I know right? I wonder where they will go with the story line. Quite honestly, it is just another jab at making a few bucks. Quite honestly, ever since T2, the rest have been complete shit. T2 is one of my favourite movies in fact, just pure amazing.

i still think Terminator 1 is unbeatable in the series. While 2 is a great film, it is a total rehash of the 1st one without a lot of the horror/dark elements that made the first one so awesome. plus Michael Biehn = erection, in more ways than one

They will probably have him play the original model for the Terminator, and therefore aged at that point. You know, like Bishop in Alien 3.

you mean like this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4C-DZkIZjk

I forgot about that :wtf:

Guest rumbo

T3 felt like it was made for a Hollywood theme park ride. That's the only way I can describe it.

I didn't mind Salvation. It was gritty and explored the future events which was needed. Another Terminator film set in the present would just be rehashing.

Gritty future war Terminator is needed. Salvation was meh, but at least they tried. I want to see a story playing out in the skull-covered ruins of LA, on how they discover the time displacement machine. It's the perfect story for the prequel-crazy Hollywood.

Archived