IGNORED

New Chrome logo

chassis

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they said this one can be reproduced better. they had some doodle competition about it and people where unable to draw the old one as it was to complex so they changed it

I thought the old one was a bit fussy and overdone. Simple is better for logos. That said I don't care at all. But yeah it did just change without me updating consciously, how they do dat?

Google Chrome updates automatically. you can't turn this feature off.

You can, it just needs a bit of registry shenanigans - http://www.chromium.org/administrators/turning-off-auto-updates

I thought the old one was a bit fussy and overdone. Simple is better for logos. That said I don't care at all. But yeah it did just change without me updating consciously, how they do dat?

Google Chrome updates automatically. you can't turn this feature off.

You can, it just needs a bit of registry shenanigans - http://www.chromium.org/administrators/turning-off-auto-updates

ahhh i was wrong, thanks for the correction

Guest bitroast

urcvO.png

looks ugly and out of place, imo.

other ugly icons on my dock: cs5, adium.

7HBJ1.png

:cisfor:

new chrome logo looks much better imo.

and yeah, adium logo is the worst logo everrrr : P

did everyone's chrome automatically change to this without downloading anything or is my computer retarded?

As mentioned, Chrome auto-updates to keep you safe.

I'm not fond of the new logo myself.

are people seriously complaining about the design of an icon not being a uniform style to the rest of their icons that just so happen to have been designed by numerous and completely separate graphic designers?

plus it's ugly. the blue version is ok, but the big, flat chunks of desaturated red, green, and yellow just look terrible.

oh, i think i figured out what really bothers me: the shadows are not logical, they're casting in three directions. it doesn't even have a consistent light source.

are people seriously complaining about the design of an icon not being a uniform style to the rest of their icons that just so happen to have been designed by numerous and completely separate graphic designers?

plus it's ugly. the blue version is ok, but the big, flat chunks of desaturated red, green, and yellow just look terrible.

oh, i think i figured out what really bothers me: the shadows are not logical, they're casting in three directions. it doesn't even have a consistent light source.

Haha, chaos is pissed off by the complete disregard for the laws of physics.

HOW DARE THEY!

What is Chrome Canary?

Those are the cutting-edge nightly builds, I believe

So should I use it, or just use the default chrome? Been using safari for too many years.

So should I use it, or just use the default chrome? Been using safari for too many years.

Just use the proper regular builds, the nightly releases are mainly for beta testing/bug reporting purposes only

Guest Coalbucket PI

I still have to switch back to Firefox occasionaly because Chrome doesn't believe in Soundcloud, that's my only problem.

Also, those aren't neccesarily shadows on the logo

soundcloud works great for me and i'm on chrome. also, who cares what the fuck icons look like in your iDock or whatever. this new one is more minimalist, less-detailed, which makes it use less space, pixels, money, or some other shit, all the big name companies are doing it.

i noticed this a few weeks ago in a beta build, what drew my attention is that it is in a similar theme to the new IE logo. weird.

Guest Spittal

The way the logo is casting shadows makes no sense? HOW MANY LIGHT SOURCES ARE THERE!?

post-7337-0-53140100-1304445506_thumb.jpg

Archived