IGNORED

when girls say "i was talking with my girlfriend..."

keltoi

Girls can't really be friends with each other but they feel the need to reinforce their fake friendships with excessive terms of endearment and screaming/hugging etc

so true. I think there is a direct correlation with how high their fake "hello" voice goes to how much they like the woman they are talking to.

wow. my other half is pretty tight with her girlfriends and they've been friends for 20 odd years.

my wife has long time friends too, they just aren't as tight as my long time friends. I know I can count on them for anything. a lot of her friends could flake out at anytime for any reason. I grew up with two sisters and all their friends seemed to be the same way. just not as reliable as guy friends.

actually, same here when you put it like that. my gf's friends let her down all the time but it doesn't seem to undo their friendship, cos she's learned not to expect too much from them. her supposed best friend has only seen our daughter once since she was born, whereas all my mates are really close and around all the time. in fact, i consider my friends' gf's/wives to be better friends to my gf than her longterm friends.

Yes to this. Where as I usually don't like my girlfriend's friends boyfriends probably because I'm a misanthropic cunt

when i think about it even more, my long term friends are/have been better friends(as in being there, being close, important, active, reliable) to my gf than her own long term friends. her friends are actually pretty shit. i hate them.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whoa, hold on guys.

My female friends have been there through some tough times, I love them. I think you guys won't understand the connection us ladyz have (well, I have with my mates)

whoa, hold on guys.

My female friends have been there through some tough times, I love them. I think you guys won't understand the connection us ladyz have (well, I have with my mates)

Well they are talking about their partner's female friends. Maybe your gals are alright.

I suspect guys criticize female friendships, because they're jealous of the drop-everything ecstatic reaction the girls give each other, and they wishe some girls would give them such an enthusiastic welcome.

I know that's on my mind whenever I complain about female friendships.

Girls have a more intermit relationship with her female companion then men have with their males friends, I know some pretty gory/detailed personal stuff about most of my friends and visa versa :spiteful:

Girls have a more intermit relationship with her female companion then men have with their males friends, I know some pretty gory/detailed personal stuff about most of my friends and visa versa :spiteful:

Hmmm, some male friendships can also be very intimate...relation-wise...friendly o course. I have such friendships.

Hmmm, some male friendships can also be very intimate...relation-wise...friendly o course. I have such friendships.

glad you worked that out cos i was off googling what 'intermit' meant.

I think it has more to do with individuals than some sweeping generalizations about gender.

Some people are just shit at maintaining relationships, both male and female. I've had some fake-ass male friends as well as fake-ass female friends. It has a lot to do with how they conduct relationships with people in general. Some people just don't care to put in the work to maintain a good friendship. You are just an occasional convenience to them, an occasional source of entertainment, a consolation, or a means to some other end that they are pursuing.

Some people were friends with me in high school only because I would give them a ride home. It never went beyond that. Some girls tried to be friends with me because they thought my friend was hot or they thought I could help them with a class. Some people are just guarded and mistrustful and hold everyone at a distance. I never had a problem with any of this until they wanted to make it seem like we were close friends. Just be honest about your intentions.

I just figured intermit was something I don't know, so I used intimate, which I know what it means.

Oh shit what a dickhead I am sorry forgot to reread

And they always ride horses.

White horses.

You don't get white horses, they're called grey horse........ :rolleyes:

Haha, shiiiiiiiit. That was actually my failed attempt at a drug reference (white pony I realized after :facepalm: ). But glad to hear another generalization has been at least partially confirmed. :cool: (As a side note, almost half my girl friends and girlfriends have all been horse obsessed at some point in their lives.)

Wait, this is the Generalization Banter forum... right?

Some people are just shit at maintaining relationships, both male and female. I've had some fake-ass male friends as well as fake-ass female friends. It has a lot to do with how they conduct relationships with people in general. Some people just don't care to put in the work to maintain a good friendship. You are just an occasional convenience to them, an occasional source of entertainment, a consolation, or a means to some other end that they are pursuing.

that's me!

I've been doing some reassessing of my friends. I try not to let others influence my views. Some who were in the background for a while turned out to be the real winners and I can have a genuinely great time with them no matter what. Others, with careful consideration I feel like I've woken up and see them from a different angle. And it isn't always great.

I'll be 24 next month and I feel like I'm just beginning to realize what makes someone a decent person.

I suspect guys criticize female friendships, because they're jealous of the drop-everything ecstatic reaction the girls give each other, and they wishe some girls would give them such an enthusiastic welcome.

I know that's on my mind whenever I complain about female friendships.

I get that huge welcome sometimes when I go back home. One of my female friends gives me piggy back rides :happy:

Archived