IGNORED

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: TRIBUTE TO TESLA

QBLA

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pumped! I might actually do this (sorry Squarepusher compilation :( )

EDIT: Thanx asym, you tha man.

Squarepusher comp is extended indefinitely. So you could do both.

I might be able to poop something out worthy. Nice one Asy.

is ndc allowed or does it need to be idm music

describe new digital cool to me. btw, if it sounds good and the judges think it compliments the compilation, it will be featured.

IDM is pretty broad if you ask me. you got your glitchy stuff, you have your experimental stuff, you have ambient. As long as it stays true to the Nikolai Tesla Legacy it should be cool.

is ndc allowed or does it need to be idm music

describe new digital cool to me. btw, if it sounds good and the judges think it compliments the compilation, it will be featured.

IDM is pretty broad if you ask me. you got your glitchy stuff, you have your experimental stuff, you have ambient. As long as it stays true to the Nikolai Tesla Legacy it should be cool.

A New Record also is the peak record so far in my

ideals of what I call NDC (new digital cool). NDC

you can think of as a music genre but its more

than that really, its a revolutionary new

aesthetical mode and a ideal to strive for. NDC

music is a rejectment of things like capitalism,

consumerism and product fetishism and it is a

music of the people. Thusly it rejects much of

what IDM and post-IDM became despite having some

roots there. But NDC also is influenced from many

other things like disco, video games music, pop,

rap, electro and house among others. 1 important

aspect of NDC is that is created in a computer,

that pervasive machine in our modern western

society with only pirate or ideally free

softwares. A New Record was then obviously

created according to this ideal. Almost every

sound you will hear in the record is synthesized

using simple techniques in software that is

freely available to all people in the world. I

hope it will be a inspiration for others to make

NDC music also.

OH... and if anyone of you want to collaborate with eachother, that would be great. it won't count as one of your 3 max track submissions.

I'm going to give this a shot and fail miserably.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Actually... I have a friend that owes me a solid. I'll ask him to master for me.

If you have someone who can do a good job that's cool, otherwise all I can suggest is Ochre who does it for a small track by track fee and did a good job for me before.

http://melograf.com

I had a feeling some watmmer has done mastering for a compilation before but I may be wrong. I'm just aware that compilations can sound really sloppy when tracks are at vastly different volumes and such. I'm sure I won't make it on anyway, just looking out for my bredrin

great suggestion on ochre. I spoke to him a few months ago regarding a remix. I have connections to other people to do mastering, Taylor from 12k, Mike from n5md to name a few. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to drop on mastering right now (unemployeed/work from home on freelance). Hence my friend who owes me a solid. I'm going to use him as a judge as well since he knows no one and therefore won't be biased.

great suggestion on ochre. I spoke to him a few months ago regarding a remix. I have connections to other people to do mastering, Taylor from 12k, Mike from n5md to name a few. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to drop on mastering right now (unemployeed/work from home on freelance). Hence my friend who owes me a solid. I'm going to use him as a judge as well since he knows no one and therefore won't be biased.

I'd be happy to do mastering for this if needed. I did mastering on the tracks previewable here: http://www.eviverecords.com/ (including my album Shatterscapes which everyone should totally check out!) And I'm doing mastering for the Squarepusher comp, provided there are enough submissions for it. Normally I charge the big bucks for mastering, but for watmm I would simply do it out of love :nyan:

Guest Coalbucket PI

owes me a solid

I let it pass the first time but curiousity has got the better of me, what does this mean?

Archived