IGNORED

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: TRIBUTE TO TESLA

QBLA

Tesla has been crowned The Most IDM Champion of 2011! And it is about that time to show tribute to the father of modern electricity! Past IDM champions were hosted on Fred McGriff's label Futonic Records and by Brandi B. This year, I will be hosting the "Tribute to Tesla" compilation on a bandcamp account that I will open especially for this compilation (and future compilations).

I'm going to lay down some guidelines for submissions so this can run as smooth as possible. So Here We Go!

STRATEGY

As you all know, Tesla has won the Title of "Most IDM" in 2011. If you are unsure of his legacy but still want to submit a track, look him up on google, youtube, wikipedia, or other outlets to find some inspiration to your tracks. Tracks must be titled accordingly to be considered for the compilation.

RULES

Maximum length of track should be no more than 7 minutes per track. any track over the limit will be disqualified!

A MAXIMUM 3 tracks per "Username" will be allowed for submission.

No previously released material. Track will be exclusive to this compilation.

Tracks will be submitted as WAV or AIFF. mp3s and flac will not be accepted. I will not listen or pass on the tracks to the judges if they are not the right format.

Tag your tracks accordingly! Example: Artist - Track Name (WATMM Member Username)

Tenure on WATMM will not guarantee you a spot on the compilation. This will be equal opportunity for all members submitting tracks.

TRACK SUBMISSIONS

As stated above, I will accept WAV or AIFF ONLY!

You can email the track(s) to me at leftmwrosario [at] gmail [dot] com. I prefer that you all don't use mediafire since it's an inconvenience to download from that site.

Name your emails "TESLA SUBMISSION" so I can know what it is. Also, in the email give a brief summary of your motivation and title of track. Other info you should include in your email are as follows:

ARTIST NAME:

TRACK TITLE:

WEB ADDRESS:

WATMM USERNAME:

DEADLINE

June 30th, 2011 **THIS WILL NOT BE CHANGED**

RELEASE DATE

Approximately August 2, 2011

ARTWORK

Already taken care of.

That's about it. Email or PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks for your time!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maximum length of track should be no more than 7 minutes per track. any track over the limit will be disqualified!

A minimum 3 tracks per "Username" will be allowed for submission.

I've got a rough draft of something that was 16 minutes long shaved down to 8 minutes, but probably further editing could cut some more off.

Also by minimum I assume you mean maximum.

how would you prefer we upload it? gmail attachments only go to 25 mb.

link it to your email? you know like a soundcloud link or dropbox link or yousendit... just don't use media fire.

I am assuming any tracks submitted for this compilation that don't make it on are still allowed to be released elsewhere. (Obviously...?)

yes. obviously. indeed! :)

I am pumped! I might actually do this (sorry Squarepusher compilation :( )

EDIT: Thanx asym, you tha man.

Word Yo!

hmm I'm between computers at the moment, so I'm not sure if I can submit something or not.

Yeah, i would suggest making sure to reference "Nikola Tesla" instead of "Tesla" if it is in the title of the album.

just my 2 cents.

I also keep thinking of the 80's band.

Guest Enter a new display name

Is there any plans for mastering?

I wasn't planning on it... suggestions?

Dubplates & Mastering

:sup:

Archived