IGNORED

hobbes and bacon

kaini

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find this insulting to Watterson's original work. Some people can't accept the strip and characters are retired. Let it go already, FFS.

:cerious:

haters gonna hate

i thought it was a thoughtful strip, but it makes me feel like it's time to grow up... bittersweet

I find this insulting to Watterson's original work. Some people can't accept the strip and characters are retired. Let it go already, FFS.

haters gonna hate

Double :cerious:

wtf JR

Considering I usually see the image of Calvin urinating on truck manufacturer logos, I find this absolutely refreshing and sincere to Watterson.

haters gonna hate

Double :cerious:

wtf JR

Triple :cerious:

comic strips - serious bidniss

Considering I usually see the image of Calvin urinating on truck manufacturer logos, I find this absolutely refreshing and sincere to Watterson.

absolutely agree with you there.

Do you guys know the strip Cul de Sac? http://www.gocomics.com/culdesac/

I'm a huge Calvin and Hobbes fan, and Cul de Sac is the only comparable strip I know of.

As with Calvin and Hobbes, you have to get to know it a bit before you really start to appreciate it, but when you do it's wonderful. The art is great. The characters are hilarious.

Do you guys know the strip Cul de Sac? http://www.gocomics.com/culdesac/

I'm a huge Calvin and Hobbes fan, and Cul de Sac is the only comparable strip I know of.

As with Calvin and Hobbes, you have to get to know it a bit before you really start to appreciate it, but when you do it's wonderful. The art is great. The characters are hilarious.

Ha that's what I was going to post. Bill Waterson himself stated similar thoughts on Cul de Sac. You definitely can't read one panel out of the funnies though, I never knew what the fuck was going on because the punchlines usually had to do with previous jokes/characters (Ernesto for example).

That Alice is so adorable. Her friends and brother's characters are so well-developed.

http://www.gocomics.com/culdesac/2007/09/10

I've read all of them on this site.

I used to love Calvin & Hobbes. He had such a good illustration style, and I also enjoy anything that has an emphasis on the importance of imagination. The Farside was my favorite as a kid, though.

was born in '91, and grew up on calvin and hobbes, thank you very much

It ended before you could read. Shut up.

to be fair - he didn't say he grew up with C+H, just that he grew up on C+H.

Like my daughter - she's growing up on Star Wars (she likes episodes 3,4,5 the best), but not growing up with Star Wars.

I can see your point there. If I was Watterson, I'd carry around a window scraper with me and deface every vehicle I saw my work being illegally used on in that context.

Don't get me wrong - I loved Calvin and Hobbes (read the entire run, IN THE NEWSPAPER, not on the fucking internet), but the hard-on people have with it and their undying desire for it to come back annoys me at times.

Besides, it's not like Watterson was Gary Larson or anything :emotawesomepm9:

to be fair - he didn't say he grew up with C+H, just that he grew up on C+H.

:cisfor:

I can see your point there. If I was Watterson, I'd carry around a window scraper with me and deface every vehicle I saw my work being illegally used on in that context.

Don't get me wrong - I loved Calvin and Hobbes (read the entire run, IN THE NEWSPAPER, not on the fucking internet), but the hard-on people have with it and their undying desire for it to come back annoys me at times.

I too dislike people who can't seem to find closure in the conclusion of the series. Considering a google search yields a lot of "what if" fan art, much of it meh to crappy, I understand your reaction. I'm actually not sure about the idea of pantsareoverrated continuing the "new" tribute strip, hopefully he limits himself to a few more and moves on. The first was great by itself.

I too dislike people who can't seem to find closure in the conclusion of the series. Considering a google search yields a lot of "what if" fan art, much of it meh to crappy, I understand your reaction. I'm actually not sure about the idea of pantsareoverrated continuing the "new" tribute strip, hopefully he limits himself to a few more and moves on. The first was great by itself.

That's where I'm at. The first tribute thing was cute, shouldn't continue it at all though. Then I just get the feeling that pantsareoverrated is leeching off of the original comics success.

The "born in '91" negates the "on."

No it doesn't - he was raised on Calvin and Hobbes when he grew up.

i agree with the above two posts

Yeah I kind of agree - hopefully this is just a mini-series of like 5 or something. That would be cool. But to stretch it out too long would be tedious.

The "born in '91" negates the "on."

No it doesn't - he was raised on Calvin and Hobbes when he grew up.

i guess he's just being "difficult", because i've only been a member her for a little over a year. i guess.

i love it!

my mom bought me the collection

16-1.jpg

...and my girlfriend bought me this for Xmas last year! :wub:

C&H rule, and that cartoon was great.... would love to see more.

i heard of it through wattem so it was probably you ( if you were bragging :wink: )

wicked compilation

Archived