IGNORED

do you work out?

oyster

Was ill a couple weeks back and it threw me right off the healthy living. Right now feel floated, tired and moody... need to snap out of it and get back on track. Doing so well...

Same, although I was never really doing all that great :P Need to get my shit together.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was ill a couple weeks back and it threw me right off the healthy living. Right now feel floated, tired and moody... need to snap out of it and get back on track. Doing so well...

shifting your exercises will really help to get a fresh start instead of trying to beat your pre-ill self for weeks

Yeah I need to change my workout. I usually do a full body workout which is great, has burned crazy amounts of fat and makes me feel great but it puts me out of action for three to four days while I recover. Thinking of doing more muscle isolation but I have to figure out a workout plan that incorporates more exercises. I get well anxious about doing new exercise though as I want to be sure I have the right form and whatnot... I'll figure it out.

The real problem is, you had a big tasty pie and several pints of beer with yours truly. Sorry!

(We should do it again soon though...)

Hah, I've certainly been on the slippery slope since then! At least I know who to blame! I drunk way too much last week... shambolic.

For real though, whenever you're up for it bro just let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Franklin

you guys giving up and getting fat?

I'm doing 5k per night now straight with no breaks to catch breath. usually doing this fairly slowly... bout 2:20 with a sprint at the end. Once or twice a week I'll do a sprint only night. yesterday my 100meter top speed was 1:42/500m which is fucking fast compared to my out of shape performance a couple of months ago. I remember the days when I literally couldnt believe that ppl could get under 2:00/500m.

overall I'm starting to look very fit again other than my fucking stomach which I can't get rid of b/c of my chip-eating habit. somebody said this early in the thread i think but it's true that in order for a man to lost his gut you really have to engage in some clean fucking living. The parts of the day that I want a flat stomach I'm totally keen on throwing out all the garbage food in my house. but then when night-time comes I'm back to the store to get ruffles sour cream and onion chips.

anyways, I'm still doing 30 mins row 30 mins spin per night. my wattage is up to just below 200 for most rides. weights have really helped with that.

I've got my wife's old heart rate monitor getting fixed for me at a watch repair place. will soon be able to start logging HR!

you guys giving up and getting fat?

I'm doing 5k per night now straight with no breaks to catch breath. usually doing this fairly slowly... bout 2:20 with a sprint at the end. Once or twice a week I'll do a sprint only night. yesterday my 100meter top speed was 1:42/500m which is fucking fast compared to my out of shape performance a couple of months ago. I remember the days when I literally couldnt believe that ppl could get under 2:00/500m.

overall I'm starting to look very fit again other than my fucking stomach which I can't get rid of b/c of my chip-eating habit. somebody said this early in the thread i think but it's true that in order for a man to lost his gut you really have to engage in some clean fucking living. The parts of the day that I want a flat stomach I'm totally keen on throwing out all the garbage food in my house. but then when night-time comes I'm back to the store to get ruffles sour cream and onion chips.

anyways, I'm still doing 30 mins row 30 mins spin per night. my wattage is up to just below 200 for most rides. weights have really helped with that.

I've got my wife's old heart rate monitor getting fixed for me at a watch repair place. will soon be able to start logging HR!

ive stopped the weight lifting for now...heading into final exams really upps the stress/stay-at-home factor.

but i run about 2.5 miles every other day....ive been slacking on that too. Haven't added any weight (by that i mean heavier), but im pretty sure im losing muscle and adding fat back again.

I'm planning on no drinking for January, not as a bullshit resolution but I just want to do it. I should really start running for longer than I do. Currently 40 mins 4 days a week. I increment the speed each week but don't increment the time cause I don't really have much spare. I go in the morning before work so there isn't any leeway there.

had a bad weekend with 4 nights out in a row. FU Christmas!

Need to get back on the training wagon for the next fortnight. I'm very tempted to cut out booze from January as well.

I weight less than normal, what should I do become fatter?

eat all fucking day (loads of carbs and protein) and lift weights enough that it hurts the next day

eat something way before you start to feel hungry. i lose weight if i don;t eat enough for like two days, you have to do it every day, forever,

eat all fucking day (loads of carbs and protein) and lift weights enough that it hurts the next day

eat something way before you start to feel hungry. i lose weight if i don;t eat enough for like two days, you have to do it every day, forever,

fuck lifting, i'm lazy. won't just eating shitloads work? I don't need muscles, I just need to be fatter. I'm also vegetarian, what should I eat to become fat?

cheese.. cheese pastries.. hummus.. eggs.. potatoes.. (if you meant vegan then you should have said vegan)

you'll probably get an uneven distribution of fat.. what are you reasons for wanting to put on weight then? to look less gaunt in the face? fit clothes? donate blood?

Yea to look less gaunt basically. Also I ride a bike quite a bit so I don't think I'll just get fat easily. I might even start doing push ups.

Cheers, I'll start eating a lot as soon as I get money to do so.

Guest Franklin

my advice would be to stop being a vegetarian

:)

but also take into account age and metabolism levels... when I was 28 I could eat ANYTHING and as much of it as I wanted and still looked gaunt. once I hit 29 my metabolism changed and I now pay in exercise for all that I eat that's high in fat or sugar.

Guest fiznuthian

fuck lifting, i'm lazy. won't just eating shitloads work? I don't need muscles, I just need to be fatter. I'm also vegetarian, what should I eat to become fat?

energy dense foods that combine both fat and sugar. and drink plenty of soda.

if you can exceed your daily expenditure to some degree you're well on your way. some people stay lean easily and it's not entirely understood why.

well, for about two months now ive been doing 40 basic, oblique, crossover, raised leg crunches each, 40 sitbacks, 2 x 20 seconds on the plank and side planks, a variety of posture improvement excersizes, and a 15 minute dumbell work out three times a week. and ive been feeling fuckin good. my hunch is improving no end aswell.

but i then i occasionaly have a particularly heavy weekend where i stay up for 4 days and rattle like 200 units of alcohol and the next week of excersize is pure pain. i really need to stop partying.

Guest fiznuthian

I just want to say that after searching for a decent yoga instruction video i am utterly disappointed..
pretty much everything i've checked out just absolutely pales in comparison to Tony Sanchez's yoga challenge dvds..

don't mean to sound like a sales pitch but his series is really fucking good.

the music and calm narration just puts me in a great headspace. it's got a slight vhs vibe to the video..

i just love his personality too. very sincere and almost like a spaced out mexican bob ross.

i've searched all over the god damn internet for atleast a little bit of his video. to no avail. i'm buying the whole thing tonight i guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Let it be known that on this day, January 5th, 2013, that SR4, despite a video-game obsessed childhood, debilitating allergy problems, horrible self-image, and years of heavy smoking, ran 5.32 miles in 59 minutes.

Goddamn that felt great. 6 miles in an hour next mfers!

Yea to look less gaunt basically. Also I ride a bike quite a bit so I don't think I'll just get fat easily. I might even start doing push ups.

Cheers, I'll start eating a lot as soon as I get money to do so.

Drink guinness. Problem solved.

Archived