IGNORED

do you work out?

oyster

Been pretty lazy for the last couple of weeks since my holiday but attempted a 10k this morning and it was ok. Slightly harder than normal but not too bad.

Really need to spend more time on weights though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck, I strained my neck and traps pretty badly on the overhead presses trying to turn a 1 rep max into a 2 rep max. At least I got the squats in beforehand, will have to rest for a few days...

for the last two months, i've been cycling 14km a day. i've lost 14lbs (a stone), and i feel fucking amazing. i have muscles everywhere! this stuff is very addictive, the cycling mostly works my lower body (although i can feel the benefits all over) - i want to start some free weights and cross-trainer to work my biceps and abs asap.

Guest Papillon

for the last two months, i've been cycling 14km a day. i've lost 14lbs (a stone), and i feel fucking amazing. i have muscles everywhere! this stuff is very addictive, the cycling mostly works my lower body (although i can feel the benefits all over) - i want to start some free weights and cross-trainer to work my biceps and abs asap.

Congratulations. I did something like that once as part of a competition. The cycling (which I really enjoyed) helped me get into other things that I wouldn't have tried previously. I ended up dropping the cycling eventually and started working out (p90x) some ppl say its garbage but not me dude. That p90x shit works, it changes your whole body type.

I also tried Muay Thai kickboxing which was dope and a wicked workout but fun too. After I started my family I had no time to continue with it....

Oh yeah about the weights, just make sure you get heavier than you think you'll need. If you want to get muscle you should be struggling with 6-10 reps max. If you want lean = higher reps lower weight.

My opinion if your a dude go for size man, not lean.

Good luck

I loved you in Enter the Dragon

Thanks, man. It was the peak of my acting career.

damn peace 7 you lookin good! must be good work ethic plus great genetics. i couldn't get that ripped if i tried.

Fenkz! And naw, yo-- genetics and muscles are like 99% bullshit. Basically hardgainers and ectomorph concepts are lies perpetrated by the same negative energies that popularized female weakness with Twiggy and the whole fashion scene, in order to take people's focus away from working on improving themselves, through promotion of the bullshit concept of genetic limitations. Besides fundamental aspects of gaining muscle/strength (hard contraction, working with heavy resistance, working until failure), the main limiting factor in muscle building for most, is calorie intake. If one works out HARD daily, switching up muscle groups, sleeping well, and eating 3500+ Calories per day, building muscle is not too difficult. If anything, eating that much is the most awkward part. With proper diet and working out daily- hard- for 3 months, it is totally possible to do quite an extreme body makeover. Pro bodybuilders, even though they take steroids, still need to eat 5000~6000 Calories per day to achieve the gains that they do (and workout multiple times per day, with perfect dietary balance for muscle building).

the eating is what i constantly fail to do again and again. Some guy at the gym told me what calorie limit I should have been shooting for when I was lifting/running, and I wasn't even close to meeting that on a good hungry day.

After the one day rest, I'm back in action and increased my squat, benches and rows today. It went great! Also did around 40 minutes of cardio.

My eating seems to be reaching a good balance cause I am having a lot more energy than I used to, but I'm following my calorie amount and don't feel bloated.

I will be waking up early tomorrow to do some cardio before breakfast.

Now, to see if I can stay off drinking and cigarettes for the weekend...

Guest theSun

anyone use fitbit or jawbone? thinking of getting one of these but i'd need to get a new phone as well.

I finally got a new bike after my last was mangled in an accident last October. As soon as I could walk again (shattered right femur up near hip joint) I worked my leg like a fiend, & 9 months later I feel nearly good as new. It's amazon to be thrashing up & down huge hills at high intensity for hours straight again, fighting ugly, smelly cars the whole way, racing buses & confused birds... *contented sigh*

check my slick new ride, courtesy of insurance co. (way nicer than I figured I'd be riding anytime soon!): 4593865167_7c6dcffdaa_z.jpg

thought I might need gears to compensate for my leg, but as it turns out I'm a beast & probably immortal

well i ran a 5k today and then went out to play an hour of tennis with some friends.

Man I used to be able to play two hours or more of tennis before my legs would lock up, and that was after running...but this humidity saps all my energy within 10 minutes. It's fucking ridiculous. I need to move to Alaska or something.

well i ran a 5k today and then went out to play an hour of tennis with some friends.

Man I used to be able to play two hours or more of tennis before my legs would lock up, and that was after running...but this humidity saps all my energy within 10 minutes. It's fucking ridiculous. I need to move to Alaska or something.

I hear Egypt is pretty dry!

And if that fails, move here to Alberta lol. It's humid now but sometimes is desert dry.

Also...

Everyone in here seems to do a lot of running... I get super bad shin splints and to be honest I've been walking and on my feet in general every day for years so I'm not sure why I get them so bad with high impact stuff...

I'll stick to my elliptical and weight training I guess... =(

Hear hear, StephenG. Running is bad for your gainz ya know?

Off to do some HIIT before breakfast.

:wink:

ps. there should be a buff smiley just for this thread. lol

Everyone in here seems to do a lot of running... I get super bad shin splints and to be honest I've been walking and on my feet in general every day for years so I'm not sure why I get them so bad with high impact stuff...

probably the wrong running shoes. What kind of shoes are you running in?

Been training for a half-marathon for the last 1-2 months, 7 more weeks until race day.

Been training for a half-marathon for the last 1-2 months, 7 more weeks until race day.

I tend to over pronate so I had shoes that are a little firmer in the instep to prevent this. They help a lot, but it doesn't get rid of the issue entirely... The only thing to completely eliminate my problems so far are prescription orthotics. =(

I tend to over pronate so I had shoes that are a little firmer in the instep to prevent this. They help a lot, but it doesn't get rid of the issue entirely... The only thing to completely eliminate my problems so far are prescription orthotics. =(

Did you give barefoot/minimalist running a try? It´s quite controversial, since there´s not enough science behind it, but seems to have helped some people as kind of a last resort, who had the same issues you have.

they look ridiculous, but ive been hearing good things about those foot slipper type running "shoes"

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/Five-Fingers-Seeya-Mens.htm?activity=running

they look absolutely ridiculous, but Im fine with that if they yield good results.....also getting a bit of a crooked pinky toe from my current running shoes...maybe its a good thing to have each toe in an appropriate slot.

Bought Cardio Igniter to help me trough cardio workouts, i can do 4 miles without products but im playing soccer on the weekends and turns out i need to get in even more shape (im out of breath after 30-40 minutes). This product (hopefully) will give me the extra energy i need for more intense cardio workouts.

heres the link (if someone has experience with this product or something similar please i would like to hear your experiences), http://www.amazon.com/Cardio-Igniter-Fruit-Serving-Secret/dp/B009K6XZ5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373157122&sr=8-1&keywords=cardio+igniter

Bulletproof coffee is good fuel for workouts, and after as well.

Coffee blended with MCT Oil & Grassfed non-salted butter.

Archived