IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I'm having a mental breakdown/identity crisis just like Bobby Eroica Dupea*.

Jack Nicholson's character in the film Five Easy Pieces.

I got a "smart phone" to replace my broken cell phone, and I hate how I have to slide a green button that appears on the touch screen to answer calls. Worst call answering mechanism ever. Also, I've only had it for just over 2 hours and the screen's already covered in finger grease. I hate the future.

Guest disparaissant

i chipped the shit out of one of my teeth and there is no way i can afford to go to the dentist. thankfully it doesnt hurt, and isn't REALLY noticeable but still, fuck.

actually i guess i could just broaden that to "i have jacked up teeth and no dental coverage"

Edited by disparaissant

Guest disparaissant

i honestly have no idea i just noticed it out of nowhere!

i had braces for a few years and they royally fucked up my teeth though so it could have been anything :\ seriously id rather have an overbite and no cavities than this.

Edited by disparaissant

Guest disparaissant

two of my teeth were improperly capped, which fucked them over, and okay, well maybe it wasn't the braces but i had impeccable teeth before i had braces, and 6 months after i got them off i had 3 cavities despite brushing my teeth like 5 times a day when i had them on :) and its all been downhill since, some kind of accelerated decay. i dunno.

also it gave me a wicked case of TMD

also everyoen i know who went to the same orthodontist had the same problems and he's retired now, go figure sigh

Edited by disparaissant

Guest umop_apisdn

I found something yesterday that, to my knowledge, has only once been seen before...around 40 years ago. And I can't share it with the world because doing so would potentially ruin my PhD research.

Oh, and several weeks ago I learned that Joyrex dumped much of the site content he deemed expendable...which caused my post count to plummet to the point that it looks like I've only been active a few months. I guess that's what you get when you're primarily active in General Banter.

Edited by umop_apisdn

I found something yesterday that, to my knowledge, has only once been seen before...around 40 years ago. And I can't share it with the world because doing so would potentially ruin my PhD research.

it better be aliens.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I found something yesterday that, to my knowledge, has only once been seen before...around 40 years ago.  And I can't share it with the world because doing so would potentially ruin my PhD research.

That could well be your free ticket to that PhD though?

My new Smart Phone is too smart, ie it independently makes videos, phones people, and does random internet searches (like "jrccfg") that somehow cost me $15 in just one day of having it.?????? The future is sooooo shitty.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Our internet provider sent a new Cisco modem/router since we upgraded to the 50 Mbps package. Download speeds are slower than before.

lol, that sounds about right.

Replicated cold fusion... while trying to disprove it? This is intriguing, is it something that goes against what you are researching, or is it something personal about somebody you work with maybe?

Our internet provider sent a new Cisco modem/router since we upgraded to the 50 Mbps package. Download speeds are slower than before.

lol, that sounds about right.

I bet you could get faster internet living in some third world backwater.

Blockbuster won't trade games with me cuz they currently don't have an owner for that particular store, and that's the only store around that trades games! Plus they were sold out of Deus Ex: HR!

Guest disparaissant

psssh chengod

my parents have 2mb internet

i am going through torrenting withdrawal

am not used to taking a full 15 minutes to get a whole album!!!

Yeah? Well I currently have a 1.5mb connection. before I moved out of town into the sticks, I had a 14mb connection. No one should have to go through this kind of withdrawal!

We had a broken toilet (joyrex control yourself replying to this one) cistern. So the plumber replaced the whole toilet unit. And it had to be of a spec that conformed to the new local council water saving regulations. Which means that it now has to hold less water in the shallower bowl and you get a dramatic drop in the amount of water being flushed.

The result of this fucking magnificent exercise in quality of life destruction. Is that it's now harder to flush because the angle of the pipe under the bowl is too shallow. And you need to flush it two and an half times just to get the water back to clear. I've never had this problem with a toilet before. It's fucking infuriating.