IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I just got a call from a company (real company with 16bn annually in sales) asking if I was interested in being an Ops Supervisor.

I don't have my resume posted online and I didn't apply for this position. This is the same thing that happened with my current employer! I never applied they just called lol.

Guest uptown devil

i have to set photoshop to run in 32 bit mode every time i want to use lighting effects (as they aren't available in 64 bit mode in OSX), and then switch it back to 64 bit mode directly after (this requires a restart of the program).

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WS82af097c4236e2eb70aae8412fa75dc285-8000.html

what a pain in the dick

I just got a call from a company (real company with 16bn annually in sales) asking if I was interested in being an Ops Supervisor.

I don't have my resume posted online and I didn't apply for this position. This is the same thing that happened with my current employer! I never applied they just called lol.

How is that a problem?

Maybe I should have been more clear.

Now I have to decide between working at my current job where I am just getting comfortable and learning a new job that pays marginally more but has more opportunities for upward mobility. Also, I want to ask where these people are getting my resume because it's weird. The division manager at my current employer moved on shortly after he hired me so I didn't have an opportunity to ask. Seemed pretty FWP to me! Stephen-Fail....

And Lopez I'm a student too get off your cunt and get a job lol

:trollface:

Calls from recruiters/headhunters who call you at your current job are so fucking dangerous.

how come?

Not a loaded question. I just don't know why they would be dangerous?

Edited by StephenG

- I feel stupid. My attention span has become noticeably shorter

- I can't find enough time to play with my new toy

- I can't find enough time to get started w/ Android development which apparently is a bitch to setup in Ubuntu, at least for my dumb ass.

- I still can't find any tunes as rich as Autechre or Gescom but that's all I seem to want to listen to and I've heard it all a million times so I'm kind of sick of it. Everything else is too simple or corny or something.

- Conflicted between feeling like I've become an asshole and feeling like I'm still not assertive enough

my mom wanted me to come over and help her with some videos that won't open on her computer. she's using realplayer and i suggested using windows media player cause that seemed to work but she wants to keep realplayer because she likes how it organizes her video files... i mean seriously, realplayer ? people still use that program? fuck.

my mom wanted me to come over and help her with some videos that won't open on her computer. she's using realplayer and i suggested using windows media player cause that seemed to work but she wants to keep realplayer because she likes how it organizes her video files... i mean seriously, realplayer ? people still use that program? fuck.

lol, yeah apparently people still use it... I walk by a building when I go to school with a Real Player logo on the outside, I assume they do stuff in there and they are making money, tho there always seems to be a bunch of the employees chillin outside smoking cigs :wacko:

lol, yeah apparently people still use it... I walk by a building when I go to school with a Real Player logo on the outside, I assume they do stuff in there and they are making money, tho there always seems to be a bunch of the employees chillin outside smoking cigs :wacko:

that's wild...

Calls from recruiters/headhunters who call you at your current job are so fucking dangerous.

how come?

My boss fired the last girl who picked up an unsolicited call from a recruiter. Her unwillingness to slam down the phone and scream "I AM A LOYAL EMPLOYEE I SERVE ONLY THEE" was apparently a problem.

It's the joy of being an at-will employee.

how come?

My boss fired the last girl who picked up an unsolicited call from a recruiter. Her unwillingness to slam down the phone and scream "I AM A LOYAL EMPLOYEE I SERVE ONLY THEE" was apparently a problem.

It's the joy of being an at-will employee.

Wow your boss sounds like a gaping vagina... ! (No offense.. he might be a nice guy..)

That's terrible, people should be able to freely explore their options. My employment contract doesn't include any exclusivity clauses so I should be ok, I hope. :w00t:

Edited by StephenG

Now I have to decide between working at my current job where I am just getting comfortable and learning a new job that pays marginally more but has more opportunities for upward mobility. Also, I want to ask where these people are getting my resume because it's weird. The division manager at my current employer moved on shortly after he hired me so I didn't have an opportunity to ask. Seemed pretty FWP to me! Stephen-Fail....

Still not seeing how that's a problem. lol. Oh no - I might have to move from my cush job to one that's even more cush!

I'm just bitter cause I'm doing manual fucking labour 3 days a week, the BC government is on a hiring freeze, and i want a real job.

At least it's not below zero in Vancouver though lol

:flower::wub:

Still not seeing how that's a problem. lol. Oh no - I might have to move from my cush job to one that's even more cush!

I'm just bitter cause I'm doing manual fucking labour 3 days a week, the BC government is on a hiring freeze, and i want a real job.

At least it's not below zero in Vancouver though lol

:flower::wub:

Lol! Yeah it's been about -8 or so the last few days, and it snowed quite a bit (about 25cm) on Monday.

I'm sure you know how Calgary drivers get as soon as theres a tiny bit of white on the ground!

I know I shouldn't be drinking coffee at 10PM since it will probably keep me up until 5am and I need to be up around 9ish for a session, but I just hate wasting coffee and by tomorrow morning it will be too gross to drink. So I'm opting for sleep dep over not enjoying this coffee right now. I also just don't seem to care about the future me, so... whatever, he can deal with it.

I know I shouldn't be drinking coffee at 10PM since it will probably keep me up until 5am and I need to be up around 9ish for a session, but I just hate wasting coffee and by tomorrow morning it will be too gross to drink. So I'm opting for sleep dep over not enjoying this coffee right now. I also just don't seem to care about the future me, so... whatever, he can deal with it.

I'm glad I never started drinkin teh coffee for this reason among a myriad of others...

I'm glad I never started drinkin teh coffee for this reason among a myriad of others...

Oh it's totally worth it. I wouldn't give up my addiction for the world.

Guest Enter a new display name

And people still use Windows Media Player?