IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

13 hours ago, chenGOD said:

What did you make?

We ended up making ahhh... I think it was meatloaf of all things lol. We premake individual sized ones (basically burger patties I guess) but they are well seasoned with the same seasonings we use for donair meat. 

Sounds kind of boring prob but was delicious. Home from work deployments for a bit so any hot meal is nice.

Also there's no way in hell you're 50! lol

(cheers to your health for the next 50!)

• Burger 1

On 9/15/2024 at 1:56 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

We ended up making ahhh... I think it was meatloaf of all things lol. We premake individual sized ones (basically burger patties I guess) but they are well seasoned with the same seasonings we use for donair meat. 

Sounds kind of boring prob but was delicious. Home from work deployments for a bit so any hot meal is nice.

Also there's no way in hell you're 50! lol

(cheers to your health for the next 50!)

thanks for the bday wishes. in the good olde days, LUDD would make me a bday song and there would be rejoicing. yet another fwp. lol

the "meatloaf" sounds delicious!

On 9/14/2024 at 8:17 AM, chenGOD said:

My FWP is I just turned 50, they don’t tell you how much your ball sac sticks to your thighs. Redonkulus, especially in humid weather. 

i'll be 53 later this year. i hate it. it only gets worse. enjoy sticky ballsack being your worst problem because soon something else will be added. the old problems don't go away.. you just get new ones added. 

• Sad 1

i miss the eastern Mediterranean 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

i'll be 53 later this year. i hate it. it only gets worse. enjoy sticky ballsack being your worst problem because soon something else will be added. the old problems don't go away.. you just get new ones added. 

people with no health issues find perspective on vitality elusive

Edited by Crazing
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Squee said:

My girlfriend locked me in our living room by closing our sliding door which is now stuck. For fuck’s sake. 

gonna need more on this. your living room separate from the rest of the house or something?

my FWP today. getting an MRI tonight. around 6pm. didn't sleep much last 2 days. gotta drive thru rush hour to get there. then tomorrow wake up at 430am. 

It's virtually impossible to get info on what it means to have an abnormally low level of anxiety.  I had a week recently where a hooded guy accosted/grabbed me as though he were going to mug/kill/___ me, and in the same week I was driving as passenger with my mom when a woman ran through a stop sign causing my mom to drive right into the side of her car, causing significant damage to both vehicles.  Thankfully no one was physically hurt (in either situation).  The bizarre, and somewhat concerning thing, is that I wasn't remotely shaken up by either experience.  I pretty much stayed within my baseline emotional equilibrium, completely unaffected, both during and after.  I'm definitely not on the socio/psychopathic side of the spectrum (not a mean bone in my body, and really disturbed by the cruelty and suffering in the world), but it seems like I have a similarly barely-functional amygdala.  And it means my survival instincts kind of suck, although being calm in what should be high stress circumstances has some obvious benefits.  But I never plan for the future because I never worry about it, so I may have an extra shitty final quarter of life (no retirement savings as of yet).  Anyway, any time I look up anxiety related stuff it's to do with struggling with high anxiety, not functioning with almost none of it.  This does seem like a sort of disability/psychological problem, I just have no idea what.  I've reflected on it a lot this past year (possibly because my partner experiences frequent anxiety over damn near everything).

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

It's virtually impossible to get info on what it means to have an abnormally low level of anxiety.  I had a week recently where a hooded guy accosted/grabbed me as though he were going to mug/kill/___ me, and in the same week I was driving as passenger with my mom when a woman ran through a stop sign causing my mom to drive right into the side of her car, causing significant damage to both vehicles.  Thankfully no one was physically hurt (in either situation).  The bizarre, and somewhat concerning thing, is that I wasn't remotely shaken up by either experience.  I pretty much stayed within my baseline emotional equilibrium, completely unaffected, both during and after.  I'm definitely not on the socio/psychopathic side of the spectrum (not a mean bone in my body, and really disturbed by the cruelty and suffering in the world), but it seems like I have a similarly barely-functional amygdala.  And it means my survival instincts kind of suck, although being calm in what should be high stress circumstances has some obvious benefits.  But I never plan for the future because I never worry about it, so I may have an extra shitty final quarter of life (no retirement savings as of yet).  Anyway, any time I look up anxiety related stuff it's to do with struggling with high anxiety, not functioning with almost none of it.  This does seem like a sort of disability/psychological problem, I just have no idea what.  I've reflected on it a lot this past year (possibly because my partner experiences frequent anxiety over damn near everything).

I’ll take your anti-anxiety and give you my social anxiety. Fair swap 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

i think some of that comes w/the understanding that anything can happen to anyone, anywhere at any time and surrendering to those facts. so, "oh, this is normal".

but hmm.. maybe you're just extra chill and don't get rattled. the opposite end, or even middle of, the spectrum can be pretty awful place to be though. paralyzing anxiety or a kind of psychosis of anxiety w/depression is a rough place to be. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 4:38 PM, ignatius said:

I usually just put butter all over my balls to prevent this.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, YEK said:

I’ll take your anti-anxiety and give you my social anxiety. Fair swap 

I used to be very intimidated by social interactions of almost any sort.  There was def some anxiety involved, but more an unpleasant sense of awkwardness.  Now I don't get the anxiety at all, but often there's still that awkwardness.  I was surprised to feel neither when I first got into the online dating thing.

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

i think some of that comes w/the understanding that anything can happen to anyone, anywhere at any time and surrendering to those facts. so, "oh, this is normal".

but hmm.. maybe you're just extra chill and don't get rattled. the opposite end, or even middle of, the spectrum can be pretty awful place to be though. paralyzing anxiety or a kind of psychosis of anxiety w/depression is a rough place to be. 

The understanding thing makes sense, but I've had this kind of non-reaction to intense/dangerous situations for as long as I can remember.  There haven't been many situations like that, but when there are I'm always left going "why am I not more rattled by this?"  I certainly don't envy the anxious, but I do think I'd be better equipped to deal with life responsibly if I did experience more anxiety.  Definitely not complaining, but still wondering wtf is up with my brain.

42 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

The understanding thing makes sense, but I've had this kind of non-reaction to intense/dangerous situations for as long as I can remember.  There haven't been many situations like that, but when there are I'm always left going "why am I not more rattled by this?"  I certainly don't envy the anxious, but I do think I'd be better equipped to deal with life responsibly if I did experience more anxiety.  Definitely not complaining, but still wondering wtf is up with my brain.

maybe secretly you got the fighter pilot gene? race car driver gene? ice in the veins. it's a thing for sure. i wouldn't look at it as a negative. we're all wired differently. could be purely physiological.  some people can handle landing a plane on an aircraft carrier and some people can't. some people love roller coasters and some people don't. some people obsess over the dentist appointment they have 3 weeks from now and take the garbage out of all the little garbage cans in their house every day because they don't want it to pile up in the garbage can because heaven forbid... 

some people seem like they're born w/PTSD.. other people seem like they just got shit figured out in some kinda way. some people get rattled under pressure.. some people thrive on it. 

maybe you got lot's of metachloreans and fckn a jedi is gonna take you away from your mom on the sand planet...