IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

• don't mix using earbuds
  • get better speakers/monitors
  • fuck her right in the pussy

well, yeah... I guess is the only way. Well, I'll use my earbuds (which sound good) for on the go and get some of those famous yellow monitors lel for home.

But really I'm amazed... Dude, wtf. A bass that sounds and feels "good" in my earbuds sound like fucking ass in my speakers (which are like 8 years old and obviously not for musix making) :(

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the "XB" in the name of your earbuds implies that they are seriously far from neutral monitors and are emphasizing a shit ton of bass/mid bass, and you really should not use them for mixing purposes if you want your music to sound decent on anything without a fucked up emphatic EQ curve.

NEVER EVER EVER mix with earbuds, unless that is all you have. Laptop speakers are better. Unless you can mix with your eyes- reading freq waveforms- earbuds are gonna result in some bass crazy treble crazy no-mid crazy garbage. Or just any garbage. To hear how your earbuds are lacking, though, you can run a sine wave through and range up/down the freq to see where the tone goes out. Or, just goto manufacturer website, and they might have a chart posted.

But, "fuck her right in the pussy", is correct.

thanks bros for the help. And indeed it makes my tracks sound like some bass crazy treble crazy no-mid crazy garbage

I'll try to buy some monitors then :)

listening to joe diorio play autumn leaves on youtube and it makes me want to practise but my brother is asleep. -sie- If we were rich we could have nice sound proof rooms or at least an upstairs and downstairs, ar welL.

More serious FWP than the previous one I posted - my lower back aches like a bitch, especially above my right arsecheek. Could very well attribute to the combination of frequent heavy lifting @ my job and prolonged sitting in the now-decrepit "comfort" chair in my bedroom. I'm too young to be walking like an octogenarian.

I tried this shiatsu massage seat thingy, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I hope it doesn't require me to go to the hospital, but if it does, maybe I could get muscle relaxers, like cyclobenzaprine. For now, just gonna avoid the problem chair and take Advil until I get a new one.

that was really not a good idea last night. kicking myself right now.

I kno the feeling bru

Brrrrr. Still drunk at 9am.

I faintly remember my dad trying to teach me some line dancing whilst having a surprisingly animated conversation about chicken. The dancing didn't go too well, he was more interested in showing off his "moves" than teaching. I knew it was time for bed when I decided to shed light on the irony of said father - who is very right wing - merrily leaping about the kitchen to Irish songs about oppression from us English snakes.

Even though I'm probs just a character in your dream I want you to know that I belieber in you spiral and you will be O.K. I also believe in life after love.

where's my message of support, you furry bastard?!

I'm having a really hard time dealing with myself. Not in a "depressive, suicidal way" (well, not yet). I really have a lot of ideas to make, a lot of stuff I want to learn and do, but I simply can't find enough time:

Stuff I want to learn/do:

-Programming

-Animation

-Music making (mixing/mastering)

-Drawing

-Writing

-Neuroscience/Astronomy/Psychology (more of a hobby)

In no particular order.

That list is me. I have a lot passion for them. But I feel a lot uninspired to do stuff, not even tired.

I'd really want to go away from my daily life (school, daily life), to be completely alone with the nature.

Do you know any good alternatives to feel relaxed and free? This is killing me, seriously.

Edited by logakght

you can't do everything so pick one or two attainable goals in one or two activities. If you spread yourself too thin you will master nothing and continue to remain unsatisfied. Each field you describe allows for deep delving and is a broad subject on it's own. So stop shooting yourself in the foot and pick one thing, try to get good at it and if that doesn't work out, you're still young, pick something else.

If you're feeling uninspired, then don't force yourself to do stuff. Nothing good will come of it. I spent the last two years writing books and now I'm suddenly not so interested in writing any more...for the moment, anyway. Now I'm making music (despite saying three or so pages ago I wasn't going to bother making music LOL)

As for time, I don't know how busy you are or what you're studying, but there's no time during breaks or lunch to do something? I used to draw comics / make music at work during my lunch hour and sometimes my break times too. I walked around with a microphone gathering samples too. That was fun, even if the music was pants.

As Delet mentioned, any in particular you'd truly like to do first? You say they're in no particular order but there has to be one of those you're more eager to start on than the rest. For example, I have an idea for an animation too but it's not very high on my list right now. Some other time, perhaps. And you say learn: does that mean they're all things you've never done before (aside from music I'm guessing)?

Going to nature...sneak out for a few days and go somewhere tranquil? If not an option, camp out somewhere nearby?

If you're feeling uninspired, then don't force yourself to do stuff. Nothing good will come of it.

I've actually given the opposite advice to peopple a number of times. Sometimes i think it's necessary to kickstart your creativity. When i've felt uninspired I've forced myself to work on creative projects and usually find once an idea forms it ends up inspiring other ideas, which gets me out of the rut. It might not even be a great idea, but once the creative juices get flowing again it can become something better. If I didn't do this sort of thing I'd probably wait around forever for lightning to strike and never get anything done.

you can't do everything so pick one or two attainable goals in one or two activities. If you spread yourself too thin you will master nothing and continue to remain unsatisfied. Each field you describe allows for deep delving and is a broad subject on it's own. So stop shooting yourself in the foot and pick one thing, try to get good at it and if that doesn't work out, you're still young, pick something else.

Yep. Though I do love each of those things, I guess I need to stop worrying about "master all of then in one day" and focus on one first. It sounds simple and logical.

If you're feeling uninspired, then don't force yourself to do stuff. Nothing good will come of it. I spent the last two years writing books and now I'm suddenly not so interested in writing any more...for the moment, anyway. Now I'm making music (despite saying three or so pages ago I wasn't going to bother making music LOL)

As for time, I don't know how busy you are or what you're studying, but there's no time during breaks or lunch to do something? I used to draw comics / make music at work during my lunch hour and sometimes my break times too. I walked around with a microphone gathering samples too. That was fun, even if the music was pants.

As Delet mentioned, any in particular you'd truly like to do first? You say they're in no particular order but there has to be one of those you're more eager to start on than the rest. For example, I have an idea for an animation too but it's not very high on my list right now. Some other time, perhaps. And you say learn: does that mean they're all things you've never done before (aside from music I'm guessing)?

Going to nature...sneak out for a few days and go somewhere tranquil? If not an option, camp out somewhere nearby?

Yes! I started doing some music while breaks. And I have basic knowledge in all those fields, but I can hardly say I "master" any of those. All of them are on my top priorities, so maybe I need to manage my time better to study each one efficiently and without distractions (already working on it).

If you're feeling uninspired, then don't force yourself to do stuff. Nothing good will come of it.

I've actually given the opposite advice to peopple a number of times. Sometimes i think it's necessary to kickstart your creativity. When i've felt uninspired I've forced myself to work on creative projects and usually find once an idea forms it ends up inspiring other ideas, which gets me out of the rut. It might not even be a great idea, but once the creative juices get flowing again it can become something better. If I didn't do this sort of thing I'd probably wait around forever for lightning to strike and never get anything done.

I think that's a really good idea. The problem with me is that I'm sooooo fucking uninspired that I don't even want to open,lets say, Live or take a pencil and draw. I feel like "nah, fuck it, I'm uninspired so anything I do will be shit". I think it's a bad habit, and one I/we should delet... from our lives. The hardest part is getting started.

Thanks guys for the advice.

The problem with me is that I'm sooooo fucking uninspired that I don't even want to open,lets say, Live or take a pencil and draw. I feel like "nah, fuck it, I'm uninspired so anything I do will be shit". I think it's a bad habit, and one I/we should delet... from our lives. The hardest part is getting started.

The other thing that's important is to allow the "shit" to happen. If you're not well immersed in the practice of doing something, it'll prob be a little rough until you're a little further into the habit of it. So even if you think something you're doing sucks, it's usually still good to see it through to the end so that you've got that experience under your belt. Then once you've accrued a lot of experience doing whatever it is you're doing, you can start being a little more ruthless with your art and say "this idea is bad and not worth pursuing any further." But I think when you're starting out with something, it's a good practice to even see the bad ideas through to the end. Sometimes you can learn the most from those.

googling people i used to know from school and there's like scientists and teachers... i wish i could be that successful. i'm not getting bent out of shape about it and i have achievements and such but yeah... craziness.