IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

It IS worth it to get on it and lose that weight, though I understand the lack of motivation to do it. I was a bit porky for so many years until last xmas,when I finally did something about it and am now 16 kilos / 33 pounds lighter (the amount of weight D'onfrio put on for Full Metal Jacket!).

The bummer: most of my clothes didn't fit any more :/

So I still have a SERIOUS big problem with mixing. Now I don't know why the fuck but when I'm mixing/composing in my laptop with earbuds (yeah, not the best (SONY XBA3) everything sounds good, but when I plug some speakers it suddenly sounds incredibly awful and like shit... Really, why?

1. don't mix using earbuds
  2. get better speakers/monitors
  3. fuck her right in the pussy

well, yeah... I guess is the only way. Well, I'll use my earbuds (which sound good) for on the go and get some of those famous yellow monitors lel for home.

But really I'm amazed... Dude, wtf. A bass that sounds and feels "good" in my earbuds sound like fucking ass in my speakers (which are like 8 years old and obviously not for musix making) :(

I get very angry every time I see Mitch McConnell's face. I can't even rationalize it - it just makes me want to break all shit in the immediate vicinity and urinate on newspapers, then go stomping out windows of vintage cars and hijack a motorcycle for going on a trans-continental manhunt. Fuck that fuck.

Getting guitar finger calluses sucks. I rarely play nowadays, but I still have reduced touch-sense on my left hand. When I used to play for hours a day, I couldn't feel shit. And it made me think that I'm basically trading being a guitar virtuoso for never again being able to feel a woman's body with my left-hand fingers. That is a huge tradeoff.

I could very well be using too much strength, though. When I watch classical guitar player videos, they don't look like they're using any strength and have perfect posture and hand positioning. I guess I should stop playing like a punk/blues style, with basically a monkey grip.

• don't mix using earbuds
  • get better speakers/monitors
  • fuck her right in the pussy

well, yeah... I guess is the only way. Well, I'll use my earbuds (which sound good) for on the go and get some of those famous yellow monitors lel for home.

But really I'm amazed... Dude, wtf. A bass that sounds and feels "good" in my earbuds sound like fucking ass in my speakers (which are like 8 years old and obviously not for musix making) :(

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the "XB" in the name of your earbuds implies that they are seriously far from neutral monitors and are emphasizing a shit ton of bass/mid bass, and you really should not use them for mixing purposes if you want your music to sound decent on anything without a fucked up emphatic EQ curve.

Not really satisfied with my creative output because i keep comparing it to my favorite artists. Wish i could just make music that I'm proud of without knowing that theres always going to be something better

"Better artists" should be felt as inspiration, not competition. You are only competing with yourself, to most sincerely manifest your heart into the world. When you get to a point that is even close to "being real and you" with your artwork (drawing, music, whatever), nobody else's output will be intimidating. When you think of others as competition, it stifles your own creativity and expression of self, because such mental context makes it easy to forget that "sincerity" is the highest form of output.

Plus, being "the best" never exists. And if it does, it's akin to being in a room full of mentally handicapped children. It's a crass example, but that's what it'd be like.

With music, I think a turning point for everyone is that time when one can play their tracks for others, without having to have 20 disclaimers before or during the playing of music. That, is confidence.

• don't mix using earbuds
  • get better speakers/monitors
  • fuck her right in the pussy

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the "XB" in the name of your earbuds implies that they are seriously far from neutral monitors and are emphasizing a shit ton of bass/mid bass, and you really should not use them for mixing purposes if you want your music to sound decent on anything without a fucked up emphatic EQ curve.

NEVER EVER EVER mix with earbuds, unless that is all you have. Laptop speakers are better. Unless you can mix with your eyes- reading freq waveforms- earbuds are gonna result in some bass crazy treble crazy no-mid crazy garbage. Or just any garbage. To hear how your earbuds are lacking, though, you can run a sine wave through and range up/down the freq to see where the tone goes out. Or, just goto manufacturer website, and they might have a chart posted.

But, "fuck her right in the pussy", is correct.

Yeah, what Peace said x 10

I lied about my earlier moan: I'm still making music lol. And, for the most part, I'm liking it better now that I'm not trying to make tracks from conceptual ideas (how pompous) and instead just going with something simple that sounds good to me. Best not to think about it too much. Let Aphex Twin or Plaid do what they do and just make tunes, man!

And yeah, mixing on headphones is craziness. Listen on headphones to check the mix you've done, sure but never do it all on them. My headphones are fairly neutral tho (Sony DJ700 or whatever the code it) so I know it's not being affected too much, but still....DON'T DO IT.

On a similar note: those Dr Dre headphones are garbage.