IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

What country/jurisdiction did you commit the infraction in? I believe in a lot of places it's possible for an offender (particularly if you were a juvie at the time) to get shit like that expunged from your record provided you've been clean since. Could also be like delet described where only those with access to high priced lawyers can take advantage of such schemes.

What country/jurisdiction did you commit the infraction in? I believe in a lot of places it's possible for an offender (particularly if you were a juvie at the time) to get shit like that expunged from your record provided you've been clean since. Could also be like delet described where only those with access to high priced lawyers can take advantage of such schemes.

Canada, and yes it is possible to get it pardoned (I was 19 at the time, so no juvie). I thought it had already been pardoned, as I had done crim record checks before with no issues. It's not too expensive, so I'll get it done, but my fear is that if I don't get this position, I will be flagged in the government HR system as unhirable....

comment try one (jokey tutt tutt), /has spider on self, first post about, then brush it off. /internets.

comment try two(pun), spider on you ay, well you tend to get that when you hang out on the web.

i didn't know where to put this but i love this article

i know there are states and countries where driving whilst making a phone call is banned, but in los angeles, this isn't the case (or it's not enforced at all) and i can honestly say i've seen not only an increase in minor accidents (people running into another car, making a turn at the wrong time etc.) because someone was on the phone, but i think it contributes to the already terrible traffic (which btw, is really from bad drivers).

i think for most people bad driving means they drive terribly right? in los angeles, bad driving means they drive too slow. so many people here cruise looking for something to do/see or someone to see/hopefully run into etc. or they're simply exploring so they never drive with a destination in mind. add to this the people updating their facebook and twitter whilst driving and you suddenly create more traffic with people driving super slow- going nowhere, missing lights, running into each other or riding your ass.

there is another syndrome which i have diagnosed as "sitting in the car" syndrome. whereas this would be considered "loitering" or "suspect behavior" in los angeles (perhaps because there is a huge car culture) it's actually normal to see a bunch of people parked and just sitting in their cars for hours (i'm talking 4-8hrs) dodding on their phones or just staring

Edited by Nebraska

Re: sitting in the car is against the law

Ive been handcuffed, harassed then had my car illegally searched because of this, so yes its real. People and cops be mad crazy

I set a trap for the fruitflies that have been populating my kitchen of late. As of an hour ago there were 8 of them in there, and I was pleased with how well the trap was working. So I got to making my pasta dinner, turned back to the trap and low and behold 5 of them had escaped! I think perhaps the saran wrap got too loose after I moved it to get it out of my cat's reach. God damn.

My other problem is that while prepping dinner I was listening to Ceephax Acid Crew on my iPod, which kept stopping randomly with a static "tick sound" --this must have happened 10 times. WTF!! I'm so irritated right now.... anyone know what might cause an iPod to stop randomly like that? It works fine most of the time, but once it starts stopping randomly like this it keeps doing it until I take a break from listening (of a few hours+). I have the worst luck with portable music devices. I had to stop using my discman because it stopped functioning altogether. I had to stop using my smart phone for mp3s because it constantly interrupted my listening with a female voice going "say a command". So I finally caved and got an iPod, now this bullshit. Why doesn't anything work?

I set a trap for the fruitflies that have been populating my kitchen of late. As of an hour ago there were 8 of them in there, and I was pleased with how well the trap was working. So I got to making my pasta dinner, turned back to the trap and low and behold 5 of them had escaped! I think perhaps the saran wrap got too loose after I moved it to get it out of my cat's reach. God damn.

My other problem is that while prepping dinner I was listening to Ceephax Acid Crew on my iPod, which kept stopping randomly with a static "tick sound" --this must have happened 10 times. WTF!! I'm so irritated right now.... anyone know what might cause an iPod to stop randomly like that? It works fine most of the time, but once it starts stopping randomly like this it keeps doing it until I take a break from listening (of a few hours+). I have the worst luck with portable music devices. I had to stop using my discman because it stopped functioning altogether. I had to stop using my smart phone for mp3s because it constantly interrupted my listening with a female voice going "say a command". So I finally caved and got an iPod, now this bullshit. Why doesn't anything work?

Is it designed to pause the music when the headphone is unplugged? Perhaps you keep tugging on the cable as you are moving around which is tugging on the jack kicking in this function. (i know fuck all about ipods so don't take this as gospel, we had an mp3 player thread dude, you should have just bought something recommended in there. second hand even. ;-p)

Also.

My other problem is that while prepping dinner I was listening to Ceephax Acid Crew on my iPod, which kept stopping randomly with a static "tick sound" --this must have happened 10 times. WTF!! I'm so irritated right now...

Not as irritated as you would have been had you continued listening to ceephax acid crew. :emotawesomepm9:

Wisdom toothache, most annoying and foreboding of all dental aches. And as it's quite an awkward one, with hospital surgery perhaps. Oh, and my dentist has casually mentioned it could cause hearing loss if done badly.

If I start a thread selling my record collection, you know what's gone on.

My other problem is that while prepping dinner I was listening to Ceephax Acid Crew on my iPod, which kept stopping randomly with a static "tick sound" --this must have happened 10 times. WTF!! I'm so irritated right now.... anyone know what might cause an iPod to stop randomly like that?

Is it designed to pause the music when the headphone is unplugged?

Also.

My other problem is that while prepping dinner I was listening to Ceephax Acid Crew on my iPod, which kept stopping randomly with a static "tick sound" --this must have happened 10 times. WTF!! I'm so irritated right now...

Not as irritated as you would have been had you continued listening to ceephax acid crew. :emotawesomepm9:

It's not the jack --if I pull the jack out it just keeps playing, and the jack connection is very secure. Is it possible for static electricity to interfere with mp3 players? That's been my theory since this thing started, but it's never been brought up in other discussions of this problem online... but neither has the tick sound which always accompanies it.

Also, your taste in music may be questionable.

I've never been able to establish what delet actually enjoys in music. or if he even enjoys it. :shrug:

Italo disco, serious funk, and I think the occasional drum and bass tune.

plus a whole bunch of other shit, he just likes being grumpy, in a loving sort of way

I only have an 'australian' accent when i need to use it. Most of the time it's a cross between a mild bbc accent and literate australian.

I always read your posts in an angry Scotsman style.

Edited by Audioblysk

I only have an 'australian' accent when i need to use it. Most of the time it's a cross between a mild bbc accent and literate australian.

Oh you and your penchant for mythological creatures.