IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Went to see Tim Hecker at the Gray Area in San francisco but right at the door i was told that it was a 21 and over event. Really bummed out especially because it didn't say anywhere that it was 21 and over. This is the stuff of nightmares. Going to be 21 next year so i'll be glad to not have to deal with that shit anymore. Basically, fuck you Gray Area.

The show did sell out, any WATMMers go to it?

Edited by Danny O Flannagin

Went to see Tim Hecker at the Gray Area in San francisco but right at the door i was told that it was a 21 and over event. Really bummed out especially because it didn't say anywhere that it was 21 and over. This is the stuff of nightmares. Going to be 21 next year so i'll be glad to not have to deal with that shit anymore. Basically, fuck you Gray Area.

fuck that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But why? I went to one of his concerts like 2 years ago (when I was 18 I guess)

I want to eat nachos so bad right now.

Eventually I will want gyros.

Then I will want ganj.

Fuckin' first world..... so..... So hard. *sniffle* NACHOS. Fucker.

Re: sitting in the car is against the law

Ive been handcuffed, harassed then had my car illegally searched because of this, so yes its real. People and cops be mad crazy

one time I was sleeping in my car (long story) and I woke up to two cops with their guns pointed at me yelling at me to show my hands. this was in the winter and I was in like 3 sleeping bags...I'll never forget the anxiety as I struggled to unwrap myself from the sleeping bags that maybe they would get jumpy and shoot me. bastards.

Ive been handcuffed, harassed then had my car illegally searched because of this, so yes its real. People and cops be mad crazy

one time I was sleeping in my car (long story) and I woke up to two cops with their guns pointed at me yelling at me to show my hands. this was in the winter and I was in like 3 sleeping bags...I'll never forget the anxiety as I struggled to unwrap myself from the sleeping bags that maybe they would get jumpy and shoot me. bastards.

we have time

we have time

it would be difficult to truly tell the whole story but when I was 18 I was briefly homeless and lived in my car. I was trying to make the transition back to chicago after spending my teenage years in a wealthy suburb with my mom but various complexities and missed opportunities left me without a place to stay for a month or so. nearly all of my friends had at that point left town for college and I felt too embarrassed or proud or something to approach anyone's parents so I just ended up living in a Pontiac. plus growing up lower class with a single mom in a wealthy suburb where everyone lives in mansions and no one gets divorced definitely alienated me from most people's families, either through my own insecurities or outright judgement on their part. I was, however, really close with a friend's family and I ended up living with them for a few weeks after they found out. but when I lived in my car it was the dead of winter so I'd often spend the evenings getting scattered sleep where I'd wake up and my windows would be frozen and i thought I was going to die so I'd often go to Denny's and just drink coffee until I could go hang with some one and catch a few zzzzs. the cops accosted me a couple times bc evidently it's illegal to sleep in your car but only once were guns involved. I'll never forget that peculiar feeling of driving around trying to find the perfect recondite spot to park my car and then bundling up in like 20 layers just like "fml."

not recommended.

i have started thinking everyone around me is the police, despite having not done anything wrong or having anyone around me

the only way out is to arrest myself.

brb arresting.

we have time

it would be difficult to truly tell the whole story but when I was 18 I was briefly homeless and lived in my car. I was trying to make the transition back to chicago after spending my teenage years in a wealthy suburb with my mom but various complexities and missed opportunities left me without a place to stay for a month or so. nearly all of my friends had at that point left town for college and I felt too embarrassed or proud or something to approach anyone's parents so I just ended up living in a Pontiac. plus growing up lower class with a single mom in a wealthy suburb where everyone lives in mansions and no one gets divorced definitely alienated me from most people's families, either through my own insecurities or outright judgement on their part. I was, however, really close with a friend's family and I ended up living with them for a few weeks after they found out. but when I lived in my car it was the dead of winter so I'd often spend the evenings getting scattered sleep where I'd wake up and my windows would be frozen and i thought I was going to die so I'd often go to Denny's and just drink coffee until I could go hang with some one and catch a few zzzzs. the cops accosted me a couple times bc evidently it's illegal to sleep in your car but only once were guns involved. I'll never forget that peculiar feeling of driving around trying to find the perfect recondite spot to park my car and then bundling up in like 20 layers just like "fml."

not recommended.

damn.

*jots it down*

fuck that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But why? I went to one of his concerts like 2 years ago (when I was 18 I guess)

Its basically drinking age. If you make a show 21+ you don't need to pay for security to check on underage people drinking. The venue also had to cut its occupancy in half from the fire department so a part of me thinks they might've over sold too many tickets so they made it 21+ at the last second to keep the numbers down.

Anyways, how was his set? What gear did he have?

Its basically drinking age. If you make a show 21+ you don't need to pay for security to check on underage people drinking. The venue also had to cut its occupancy in half from the fire department so a part of me thinks they might've over sold too many tickets so they made it 21+ at the last second to keep the numbers down.

Anyways, how was his set? What gear did he have?

well too bad.

It was really loud as you might expect. At that time Virgins didn't existed yet, but he played the intro part of Virginal II, Ghost Writer I and most of Ravedeath.

I saw mostly midi controllers and a little mixer, I guess. The only thing he took with him when the set was over was his laptop.

was there bass? did the crowd say thanks?

Yes. Though the girl next to me looked annoyed.

Did he play all 4 of the chords he knows?

All of them. I was expecting Sea of Pulses tho.

marathon wanking out of the question tonight, I'm afraid. I need my brains at work tomorrow, I can't splooge them all out.

Guest jasondonervan

UPS are morons. I'm impatient with deliveries at the best of times, but It would be nice if just for once they could turn up sometime before 5pm, riding their luck on the timeless excuse of 'delivered before the end of the day'.

It doesn't help that it's my Oculus Rift that's turning up either *folds arms, stamps foot*

Decided to check up on some stuff at my parents place, and while I was there had a quick gander at my small vinyl collection which I'm storing in the attic for the time being.

At some point, prolly my dad, someone had put them on their side. Underneath a box. Now a few records have a definite bend to them.

Thankfully, the most severe ones are records I'm not desperately bothered about--Melvins' 'Ozma' was never high on my appreciatation meter--but some are slightly wonky which happen to be ones I'm most fond of, like YMO's double red disc After Service or Technodelic, look not so flat any more.

Obviously, compared to people in other people having their entire houses bombed to shit, this is trivial. But still, somewhat saddening. Hoping they go back to normal now that they're being stored upright again.

this step counter that i got that syncs with the computer, it's been my second one, first one stopped working, second one now too.

i want to write a letter to the company but i've never done such things... of course i want to do this to get something back from them. should i???

fitbit002.jpg

this step counter that i got that syncs with the computer, it's been my second one, first one stopped working, second one now too.

i want to write a letter to the company but i've never done such things... of course i want to do this to get something back from them. should i???

fitbit002.jpg

absolutely man you bought a product that is supposed to work

its ok to have a sense of entitlement for things you've purchased.