IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

madame: How did you get a picture of me?!?

Delet: Thickshakes sound amazing. I'm imagining a milkshake but it's as thick as clotted cream ♥

Stephen: actually I've lost a bunch of weight so I'm in celebratory mood, plus they're on sale. When they go back off sale, I won't buy any more due to being a massive cheapskate.

Congratulations on the weight loss! =)

I want a milkshake now.

thickshakes just have an higher icecream to milk ratio. So in effect it's like more cream yes, icy cold chocolatey cream spurting onto your tongue in a food orgasm.

I went to get the thickshame^, but when i reversed out of my driveway i must have done something to my number plate because one of the screws came off and it was dangling down and dragging on the road, so i went to an hardware store to get another screw. Then to the supermarket to buy a shitload of water. And finally to the thickshake establishment. But i didn't like the look of the girl that would be making it so i walked on. It's funny, when i was in the supermarket on three occasions when coming past the end of an aisle to park my trolley so that i could walk down the aisle to grab stuff (it's more efficient this way and i create less of an impediment for my fellow shoppers whilst not having to negotiate my trolley around their slovenly placed shopping carts, win win). Anyway, each time i went to do this a woman with a trolley and small child in tow would zoom out of the aisle and try to fill the closing gap between me and the row end where i was going to deposit my trolley as they try to exit the aisle on their way to the next. Displaying neither a lack of patience, foresight nor ability to change direction midstream, each actually sped up as they approached, leaping as if from out of nowhere. On the third occasion i mentioned it to the woman, my thoughts on the unpleasantness of her endeavour, in a kind but kind of cocky way, she wtf fucked a little but on the other hand seemed pleased to be interacting with me. Perhaps this was their plan all along, they went as team single mother to snare manmeat, and i was unwittingly on the menu for their harebrained scheme that involved some kind of collision that each time i neatly foiled by avoiding.

Anyway, in an ironic twist, as i pushed my trolley through the car park towards my vehicle, two pigeons were gently meandering into the direction that i was travelling and suddenly one decides that it doesn't want to wait for me to pass so starts dashing as smartly as an over stuffed shopping centre pigeon can waddle forward, in an attempt to cut me off and get past before my trolley and i can. Well not this time i thought, i've had to acquiesce my forward momentum to three bird brains this morning, you will not be the forth my feathery friend. So i leapt forward with the trolley and won one for dleetr as the pigeon stopped in it's tracks and politely let me by.

^(i wrote it like that by accident, hi freud)

delet: I was that child! It was my plan all along!

Mesh: man that sucks. I have the occasional night of not being able to sleep but not being able to do it perpetually must be maddening.

I dare not suggest anything you may already have tried but there's an artist who made music to combat his own insomnia, called Sleep Research Facility. Likely futile and another suggestion that may not work but here's the link: http://www.resonance-net.com/ I highly recommend Stealth or Nostromo if interested. If not feel free to tell me to fuck off.

Lying down with eyes closed got me through years of insomnia.

Then they recommended 'Mirtazpine', which fucking works, but makes you demotivated and fat.

Now I just adhere to several rules:

Wake up at 6am no matter when I get to sleep, no coffee after 12 noon, no red meat after 3pm or so.

Works for me. Oh and exercise.

Surprisingly, what everyone said all along 'diet and exercise' are wonder drugs for getting to sleep. If I leave it too late, though, and forget to nod off when I am tired at like 9-11pm then I am often forced into this weird brain state where I want to do everything BUT sleep.

Edited by fenton

are you regularly exercising like fenton said. That would certainly help diminish your daily stock of adrenaline and set up the chemical processes for sleep to happen. Now whether or not it does i'm not a doctor, but apparently they don't know very much either. I'll say for depression and anxiety though, exercise is a great suppressor of those strange things. Also, taking things like sugar out of your diet, and looking at other things in your diet, definitely no carbs in the latter half of the day cause that's just more sugar as well, kind of like how you don't sleep as deeply on a big meal.

I would think that your body needs to be in reset and repair mode for sleep time to go smoothly and so setting up the conditions for this by quietening down all the other tasks like digestion and by having exercised seem to be a good start towards this end.

bon chance on your mission, sounds like hell. i do a lot of shift work so when there's a transition in hours i can have trouble remaining asleep for the correct length time and have found that exercise was kind of number one at helping my body cope, followed by the diet stuff. And definitely fuck caffeine off, that stuff is evil.

i'm having such a time finding a satisfactory barebones video editor that i may just learn code & create one myself

videopad works for cutting and arranging, and it has some other functions. there's a trial, and it only costs 40 bucks or something

yeah you get 'wired' that's the adrenaline pumping to keep you up. i get an adrenaline rush whenever i feel tired because i get so excited that i might get a decent sleep. it's a bad cycle that i'm well aware of but it is hard to break. i think my body clock has been fucked and it thinks night is day and vice versa. with work it's kind of hard to reset.

Holy shit- I was gonna start a thread about this. Is that what it's about? Adrenaline? My thread was gonna be about feeling more awake when "tired". It's Wednesday morning as I type this, and WHAT THE FUCK-- I just realized I've mostly been up since Saturday. Dude, what the fuck.

yeah you get 'wired' that's the adrenaline pumping to keep you up. i get an adrenaline rush whenever i feel tired because i get so excited that i might get a decent sleep. it's a bad cycle that i'm well aware of but it is hard to break. i think my body clock has been fucked and it thinks night is day and vice versa. with work it's kind of hard to reset.

Holy shit- I was gonna start a thread about this. Is that what it's about? Adrenaline? My thread was gonna be about feeling more awake when "tired". It's Wednesday morning as I type this, and WHAT THE FUCK-- I just realized I've mostly been up since Saturday. Dude, what the fuck.

Release or magnum opus and the IDM man will let you rest.

Release jer magnum opus and the IDM man will let you rest.

You're actually 100% correct on that point. Thanks for reminding me, man.

I actually have been working on neeew music, which is basically just pop. I realized that the only way to spread Ultra, is through the masses. There is something so right about condensing pounds of raw vegetables into something that looks and tastes exactly like a roasted marshmallow.

Edited by peace 7

Fucking school. Quick enough when they're owed money, but when they have to pay out, good lord. They make the Canadian government look efficient.

Yeah higher ed institutions are shitty like that. Almost as bad as trying to pry back the security deposit from a landlord when it's time to move out, jesus christ.

After cheating death for the past couple of years, my late model Honda accord finally met its demise today. Brought er in for an inspection sticker (fingers crossed) only to find out that the repairs needed to bring everything up to snuff are essentially more than the car's worth.

The one silver lining is that my current sticker is good to the end of September, which allows a little bit of time to figure on a plan for a new set of Dob wheels. In the meantime I be rolling on some dead ride steez pumping Autechre out my stock speakers like a motherfucker.

Guest jasondonervan

Even though I had paid for first class shipping, Amazon took three days 'preparing to dispatch' my order for a book that is in stock, and was only published a few months ago.

Damn, i don't normally get this but i find it really hard to get to sleep when i have something important to do the next day

yeah, I'm freelance and I used to get that every single night before work. It still applies to travel jobs and/or jobs with a lot of people I haven't worked with before. Living with my wife definitely helps, snuggling is a great sleep inducer.

Booked my ticket (£53.75) for Dreamscape in August, this weekend actually. They moved the event a month or so ago to another venue and another date which I couldn't make. They set up a refund process thing you fill in to get a refund, which I did on 21/07/14. Got a email back saying funds will be in my bank (I paid by bank transfer) within 7 days.

Heard nothing until 2 days ago they cancelled the event completely and now it seems only Paypal payers have priority and it's taking a while cause funds are low(??????). Can't get any joy out of contacting the promoter or the business and there's no phone number.

I could really do with my £50 back but I'm not sure what the fuck is going on. I've sent a chargeback claim in the post yesterday but doubt the bank will help with it.

Any bright ideas from anyone out there??? It's like Bloc all over again but this time I didn't enjoy 5 hours of music.

Edit: When I say bright ideas, is there anything else I should do??

Edited by spratters

I haven't been listening to much music lately, and what I do listen to is usually just to drown out annoying environmental sounds (on the bus, at home near construction, etc). I also haven't really made any music in a while, nor felt the urge to... I fear I may be ending my relationship with music-making (though I hope not, and I do expect it to return some day...). At the same time, I have a new urge to get back to painting and to build useful things (be that a window installation or a database), just not a lot of focus or direction yet, so I need to work on that feeling, I think. I always feel so out of it and aimless when I go long periods without creating anything. :/

Edited by luke viia

I'm depressed*, but not at the absolute shithole pit of depression, and feeling kind of withdrawn and unable to be sufficiently happy around my wife, and I'm anxious due to job stress, and my digestive system is accordingly quite fucked, and all I want to do is go home and take a nap with my dumb cat purring away because it's the only thing that helps, somehow, probably because I know that he has no expectations of me other than being a useful living pillow

*and writing about it makes me feel like an attention seeking douchebag but I have to write it somewhere for some reason, pls ignore

Edited by baph

I'm depressed*, but not at the absolute shithole pit of depression, and feeling kind of withdrawn and unable to be sufficiently happy around my wife, and I'm anxious due to job stress, and my digestive system is accordingly quite fucked, and all I want to do is go home and take a nap with my dumb cat purring away because it's the only thing that helps, somehow, probably because I know that he has no expectations of me other than being a useful living pillow

*and writing about it makes me feel like an attention seeking douchebag but I have to write it somewhere for some reason, pls ignore

It sounds like you need a reset or vacation... Maybe just asking about how your wifes day has been while hanging with the cat and enjoying some take-out or tea might be all that you need feel a little more happy and connected, or better yet and/or with that suggestion - surprise her with something and the smile and excitement that radiates off can be a big boost. I know it's probably not stemming from her, but being your partner she may be able to play a big help if you're maybe more open about your issues with what you are stressed about. It always makes me happy to make others happy... Also, this is another lame one - Maybe try going for a long-ass walk or a jog when you can, endorphins and excersize can do a lot for digestive and emotional issues, I was shocked how much happier I became by just running a few times a week and cutting out caffeine.

Disclaimer- I'm turning 24 in a few days, I have never been married, work in an industrial cannabis grow, I have never had a successful long-term relationship that didn't end in horror and I enjoy my cat and plants more than people most of the time... but one thing I do know is breaking out of funks. Generally it's a scenic location away from people in my home of the Pacific NW, maybe with a few close friends, some psychedelics, entactogens, booze and no cellphones or technology besides a tent, supplies and fire to cook stuff and stay warm. It doesn't work for everyone and I don't suggest it to anyone who doesn't want to try it, but it helps me quite a bit on a bi-to-once a year occasion.

hope this helps a little, and please don't chastise me too much for my pansy answers to real problems. :beer: