IGNORED

Before You Post: The Record Crate Posting Guidelines

Joyrex

The purpose of this subforum is to list Ebay, Discogs (or other site), or personal sales of records so other members of the community can be aware of your sale and hopefully help one another out - you can also list items you're looking for (music related only), and perhaps someone on here has what you're looking for and is willing to part with it.

When posting, please preface your Topic Title with any of the following:

EBAY: (if it's an Ebay auction)

FOR SALE: (something you're selling personally)

WANTED: (something you're looking for and wanting to buy/trade)

This way people can easily see what's available (some people don't like to deal with Ebay and would rather buy person to person), and it keeps things tidy. Try to be as clear as possible and avoid ambiguous titles like "my collection for sale" - rather, say "My Aphex Twin Vinyl Collection For Sale".

Any off-topic posts will be moved or deleted as needed, and if you see something that violates these rules or the Forum Rules, please report the post to a Mod or Admin.

Guest uptown devil

nice call jr, i've always wanted something like this on watmm.

does hosting a marketplace like this make you liable for the sales at all? seems like there should be some sort of non-binding agreement we'd have to agree to before using it.

perhaps that's only if you are charging a fee to sell though, not sure.. :shrug:

nice call jr, i've always wanted something like this on watmm.

does hosting a marketplace like this make you liable for the sales at all? seems like there should be some sort of non-binding agreement we'd have to agree to before using it.

perhaps that's only if you are charging a fee to sell though, not sure.. :shrug:

I'm the equivalent of listing a Classified ad in the paper - buyer beware and all that jazz, and since I am not handling the transaction, I can't see how I could be held responsible for non-payment, fraud, etc.

Good on Joy for putting this up. I always wondered why we never had it. I thought, maybe it's in another part of the site that i never go too, hidden somewhere. I'd just post my sales in music discussion anyway and take the spammer heat, but fuck it. We needed the outlet.

Guest WOIAJO

New to Watmm but it seems i stepped in at the right moment.

Had previous good deals in similar sections from other forums (cbs, robots4robots).

Wanna keep it music-only or do you plan to expand it to other areas (ie. gear) ??

Edited by WOIAJO

Had previous good deals in similar sections from other forums (cbs, robots4robots).

Wanna keep it music-only or do you plan to expand it to other areas (ie. gear) ??

We already have a gear selling subforum, The Gear Box, as a subforum on EKT I think. Por cierto, hablas español?

Guest WOIAJO

We already have a gear selling subforum, The Gear Box, as a subforum on EKT I think. Por cierto, hablas español?

Gracias por la info. Aun me estoy familiarizando con el foro, supongo que aún no habia visto esa parte. Saludos !!

Guest Coalbucket PI

It's getting to be a complete mess in here already, I think people need to give their threads better titles. I'd like to see more in the title about format, artists, and I think most importantly location.

I'm starting to agree - apparently people didn't read this pinned post...

Anyone want to take up the task of editing titles and cleaning this place up?

Guest Coalbucket PI

I don't mind editting some titles I guess. If we set out a better system, maybe something like this

Item description (artists, albums, labels, genres as appropriate) / Format / Selling through (Discogs, ebay etc) / Country

e.g.

AFX Squarepusher albums / CD / Discogs / AUS

Might not always be that easy to describe but it could be better

Guest Deep Fried Everything

it's a tiny bit of extra effort to view a thread, and no point in setting a standard for titles as who'd pay attention to (the rules :emotawesomepm9: ) anyways?

BUT why not combine this with the gear box? i mean they're both *exclusively* about selling shit. again i defer to detroitluv, which has amongst the best forum schemes in terms of the way content is broken down.

Edited by Deep Fried Everything