IGNORED

Unobvious Things That Delight You

Guest hahathhat

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's this dish I discovered at Denny's recently called "Banna's Foster French Toast" and it delights me more than any other food I've ever had. It's unobvious because I found it at fucking Denny's, and I fucking hate(d) Denny's (until I made this discovery, and now it's my favorite restaurant because it serves the holy grail of all food. Most of their food is damn near inedible, but this makes up for all of it.)

Guest disparaissant

when you drive on the highway and you're in a big group of cars and everyone is going like 85-90 mph because fuck the police

i love it. solidarity in driving.

really fine pencil lead/nice new mechanical pencils. all the better to science with.

oh, and getting up really early to work on little projects, particularly while wearing long johns.

the sound my cat makes ..a mix between a frustrated flutter and a purr...doubles as a bird sometimes

also Kobe tri tip, the smell..the blood..yum

Distant foghorns; a long, low one followed seconds later by a much higher, quick one.

Squatting alone in my room over a baseboard heater feeling comfortably ready to take a shit, but retaining it inside (with the knowledge that I can release it into an adjacent bathroom toilet whenever I want to without anyone knowing; very Freudian) while listening to guitar drone.

Guest kineaesth

Distant foghorns; a long, low one followed seconds later by a much higher, quick one.

hey, nice one. I lived two hills over from my city's main port, and occasionally, late at night, you'd heard just that. I have no idea how I managed to hear it, maybe it was low enough to penetrate the hills, maybe it bounced around the atmospheres? Either way, it was always beautiful, this sonic acknowledgment of some one else's presence, miles away in the night

after you've been for a poo and you wipe your bum and there's absolutely no sign of said dirty business.

very pleasing.

Clean Wipe!

how does it does? is it something that can be learnt? there must be some science. tell us science, how do we clean break!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a two-in-one.

When you're rummaging through a bowl of monkey nut shells thinking there is no hope and life couldn't get much worse, then you find one.

The feeling of gently coercing the monkey nut kernel out of its thin, dark red coating.

Archived