IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

this is a very tasty album i enjoyed it a lot

it has this interesting style of being kind of 'thrown together' which in a lot of casses would not be enjoyable but the lush sounds make it great. its lik ea show case of little looping moments that have time to breathe and then they go away

its yumyum taste after yumyum taste after yumyumtaste

i am going to listen to this 3 more times

also that song with the punching is weird LOL its like , what did the guy let his kid play with his sampler for a day and so he re created the mortal kombat theme song with punch noises, HEH =p

Guest bitroast

also that song with the punching is weird LOL its like , what did the guy let his kid play with his sampler for a day and so he re created the mortal kombat theme song with punch noises, HEH =p

This song is very much a highlight for me. You're right in that the sample is weird and kinda ridiculous, but like all Great OPN Classics I find this song insanely hypnotic and quite addicting *u*

Guest viscosity

a bit repetitious was my first impression, gonna give it more time. i like the sampled material but OPN is all about the arp

Guest AcrossCanyons

i wasn't fussed about this but after listening to the title track i'm excited to give it a listen. this dude really is interesting...

Guest Lucy Faringold

I love OPN but I ain't feeling this new one at all. His sample manipulation just feels sterile and clumsy. Really tried hard to get into it but it's still a fucking slog to make it through the album. Ah well, he's still had a pretty strong year overall.

love the new one, the first 2 tracks hooked me immediately. I Forgot the good ole days of what it feels like to listen to a record for the first time with a group of friends (not in a chat room but in real life) who haven't heard it yet.

Edited by Awepittance

Intriguing stuff... bringing together his sample manipulation and synth stuff... The bass work is amazing on some tracks. Other tracks are a bit... boring in comparision with the rest, I guess releasing only the very good tracks would have made this record sound stronger after all... but never mind :music:

Guest oldenjon

i agree. some of the tracks are aces, but others seem like afterthoughts that weren't given the same attention to detail.

would of made a great EP with some editing, but still a decent album. I'm excited to hear more from this new direction he's going

Edited by oldenjon

I did stream a bit the album, that first track seems to be pretty mind blowing ! but I prefer to wait for the real thing to arrive... dunno why !

Guest goodwillsidis

I love OPN but I ain't feeling this new one at all. His sample manipulation just feels sterile and clumsy. Really tried hard to get into it but it's still a fucking slog to make it through the album. Ah well, he's still had a pretty strong year overall.

I feel similarly.

Guest viscosity

if you read the interview, it goes in depth about the repetition, simplicity, general awkwardness of the sound. seems as though it's all intentional, he wasn't necessarily trying to make an accessible album