IGNORED

new Arrested Development spin-off & movie

Rubin Farr

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

~2,5 episodes in so far...I hope it gets funny.

I don´t know if I was just too tired, but I had difficulties following the story. It all just seemed too forced and incohesive.

The iraqi-flag in front of Michaels house was a lol though.

Watched the first 2 and it was an odd feeling. Its been so long and I have watched the originals so many times, that seeing new stuff just felt weird. I went back and watched the first one for a second time and it was much more enjoyable the second time, after my mind adjusted to the idea of a new story arch.

guys, it really does pick up on episode 4. the whole episode was great, i was laughing my ass off. episode 5 is great too. dunno why the first three were so meh. i guess they had to do a lot of set-up.

It took me a couple of seconds before I could recognize Portia de Rossi.

is that becuase of her hair or because for the first 4 episodes her face looks weird, like she's had plastic surgery / botox?

Her foreheads bigger than it used to be and her eyebrows are higher - must be a facelift. She still looks good though.

I agree with Hoodie, I was disappointed with it until episode 4 - the Fonz is amazing as usual, as is Carl Weathers.

Well the first season of the show kind of started of slow too, episode 1 didn't get a single giggle from me either. And it only got really good after a couple of episodes.

The first three episodes were pretty average, but I'm at Ep 4 now and it's gold!

I'm really enjoying this. Sure, it starts off slow, but once you get used to the setting it's pretty good.

guys, it really does pick up on episode 4. the whole episode was great, i was laughing my ass off. episode 5 is great too. dunno why the first three were so meh. i guess they had to do a lot of set-up.

:cisfor:

at e12 now, best one of the season so far (first one that can actually compete with previous season-episodes in amount of laughs); first genuine lols, good jokes, maebys pair (woooop), jeff garlin + curb reference etc

the tobias eps were good too though

overall -although the story is thought through- kind of a letdown compared to with what it was..

i guess it didn't pick up at episode 4 for me, stopped watching at episode 7 just temporarily. I think I need to lower my expectations significantly to fairly enjoy the rest of it.

i guess it didn't pick up at episode 4 for me, stopped watching at episode 7 just temporarily. I think I need to lower my expectations significantly to fairly enjoy the rest of it.

stopped watching after episode 5, i just dont care anymore, i'll just wait for a Tobia Funke compilation.

Seems to be a fairly negative reaction online that it's a letdown, just watched the first episode and thought it was hilarious, loved the "at least that was consensual" line!

tobias and gob's episodes have been the funniest so far imo. was just thinking about how there hasn't been enough lucille, buster, george michael, and maeby, but their episodes are all in the second half. dis gon be good

i'm having a hard time believing these are all the same characters, meaning that they haven't arrested their development enough. They all seem like slightly different variations of their former selves. The ones that are the most similar are Lucile and Tobias. so far George Senior and Michael seem like they forgot how to play the character the way it was played the first time around.

i just don't understand when it has ever been a good idea to bring anything back in any capacity. just let it exist as something good or great, why toy with tarnishing its image and reputation forever. I'm not going to watch these because I know they'll suck. I don't even enjoy watching the old episodes anymore, way too much boring dialogue to sit through. AD is and always will be much funnier in retrospect discussing moments and lines with friends.

kk dr lopez hates everything hour is closin up shop

Guest bitroast

Agree with alot of this thread. Started pretty poorly. Episodes 4 and 5 have been good. Lindsay looks pretty horrible compared to the original seasons, but I guess the plastic surgery look at least suits the character.

It's really picking up for me. Just watched Gob's episode and there were some genuine lols.

I'm here, I'm queer, and now I'm over here!

Archived