IGNORED

Is life meaningless?

murve33

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life is whatever you want it to be. Simple as that.

I want it to be full of little boys

You're whatever life wants you to be. a simplest hat.

Little boys want to be full of you.

Like I said: define meaning, and you'll have your answer.

then meaning shall define your answer.

cos' meaning is lifeless.

So life is lifeless?

I disagree. "Meaning" itself can only be understood by something that is alive, or life itself.

Without life, nothing has meaning.

So life is lifeless?

life-->meaningless

meaning-->lifeless

thus life-->lifeless-less

consequently

life is life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWKq_PQLfCM

I disagree. "Meaning" itself can only be understood by something that is alive, or life itself.

Without life, nothing has meaning.

"Meaning" disagrees. You can only be understood by something that is alive or life itself.

Watch the private life of plants and you'll realize most if not all technological inventions and logistical solutions mankind has amounted to, and the spread that mankind has achieved, has not only been preceded by nature, but is also being done better by nature. Aerodynamic solutions, sea travel, all of it. Animals may not war with eachother, but shit, plants sure do. did I mention advertising? Watch an ant doc for a look at civilization scale industrial effiency. Heck, microscopic cells invented effective industrial manufacturing way before everything. Might give you some perspective on what we are and what we are doing.

So life is lifeless?

life-->meaningless

meaning-->lifeless

thus life-->lifeless-less

So you're just accepting the tautology that life is meaningless?

Watch the private life of plants and you'll realize most if not all technological inventions and logistical solutions mankind has amounted to, and the spread that mankind has achieved, has not only been preceded by nature, but is also being done better by nature. Aerodynamic solutions, sea travel, all of it. Animals may not war with eachother, but shit, plants sure do. did I mention advertising? Watch an ant doc for a look at civilization scale industrial effiency. Heck, microscopic cells invented effective industrial manufacturing way before everything. Might give you some perspective on what we are and what we are doing.

:sup:

your posts are, how do you say, quite good

You keep using that word invent. You might want to substitute the word evolved in there.

Chimpanzees might engage in war-like tactics - though there is some debate over why it's conducted: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/22/science/22chimp.html

• 3 months later...

life eventually becomes about having kids and making money. And then when you retire its about grandkids and eating food and hoping you get to enjoy your money if you made any. If you didn't make money life is about being miserable and telling yourself what you should have done in the past. Any real answer is for people in their 20's who haven't been tainted by societies blood lust for cash quite yet.

there are basically two ways to live life, follow your passion and try to make a living out of that which can be difficult or impossible, or work a job that isn't the best and then spend all of your free time doing what you really like. it's rare for people to have a job doing what they like but in the end it is actually all about money but you can always get MORE money but never any more time, which is why people shouldn't stress out about money as much as they should. people are saying your life has what meaning you give to it yourself, so if you are really passionate about idm music and stuff like that then your life does have meaning because that is something you can only decide for yourself. even if the majority of public doesn't understand what idm is

which is why people shouldn't stress out about money as much as they should.

:mellow:

yea I know I shouldn't have where I think it might be the way it was because the way it should be is not wrong with the way in the time changes how it may not be perceived all the while you know it's not

Life is about making other people happy.

So even if you aren't, you should try to make others happy and find out that you might end up happy yourself.

i feel like creating things gives life meaning. for me, that includes stuff like writing stories and imagining things. most people on here are music makers. that totally gives life meaning, don't you think? using your unique perspective and talents to make something that the world has never seen/heard/experienced before...

Archived