IGNORED

Is life meaningless?

murve33

You need to look outside what you think your degree can offer you. And of course - network network network.

Having said that - I iknow the job market is fucked - but it seemed like he would be happy settling for that. That just doesn't make any economic sense whatsoever. if you're gonna settle for that, go do some physical labour, they'll pay more, and you can get your tickets as you work - meaning better pay.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And also, I feel that no matter what happens right now, my future is going to be alright. As long as I have my girlfriend, we don't have a kid, we both have jobs that pay around 9 dollars an hour after college, and we have some place decent to live, I don't think I can be sad/in-content.

I'm sorry, but I just have to comment on this - why would you go to college and settle for jobs that pay 9 dollars an hour?

i know large amounts of people who are working mininum wage jobs after getting university degrees, it's the entire job market/economy for this generation of young people is fucked

both you and chen speak truths. im in the same situation, but the difference is not accepting that you belong there. you need to will yourself out of that situation; you proved your intelligence, its time to use it for real. don't let initial failure stunt your potential for the rest of your life...it will only be spent in regret.

I would rather think about your question than about an answer. Maybe your question is wrong. The problem is your question, the problem is not to find no answer. That's wise enough for 9:53 :emotawesomepm9:

films/music/qbasic games

Yea exactly, what the fuck am I gonna do career-wise with those interests? Nothing. Hobbies are what those will always be I reckon. And as long as I'm not too flooded with my career, I will hopefully always have time for those interests.

Mostly @ Chen: I worked a labor job for a while, and it sucked shit. I wouldn't be settling for a labor job, that's why I'm going to college. Also, I don't want to work $9/hour if I don't have to of course. You think I'm not going to try to get a decent job? I'm just saying that that's honestly all I would need to be happy. And yes, I will definitely be thinking outside my major when finding a career, because at this point, I feel that the main careers I can get with my major suck fat cock.

I'd rather make shit for money and have a lot of free time to do the things I truly love versus make lots of money and have to take my work home with me. I could work as a librarian and I think I'd be content as hell with my life.

Life is about making other people happy.

So even if you aren't, you should try to make others happy and find out that you might end up happy yourself.

A lot of truth in this.

Less drugs (inc alcolhol), more fresh air and exercise. I get down when I neglect those 3 rules.

And also, I feel that no matter what happens right now, my future is going to be alright. As long as I have my girlfriend, we don't have a kid, we both have jobs that pay around 9 dollars an hour after college, and we have some place decent to live, I don't think I can be sad/in-content.

I'm sorry, but I just have to comment on this - why would you go to college and settle for jobs that pay 9 dollars an hour?

Hahahaha yes

I haven't even gone to college and I can get a job better than that

Hell I can make more money than that unemployed by doing various things online

Hahahaha yes

What kind of things? Currently looking for something flexible time-wise.

wait libraries still exist?

yes. and there are vast stores of knowledge and entertainment there that you cannot access electronically. not much in the way of catchy memes though.

Hahahaha yes

What kind of things? Currently looking for something flexible time-wise.

Not something you can just pick up and start doing time-wise

It's a fairly popular video game I was extremely good at where currency in the game is sellable for irl cash on certain sites

I've cashed out over $2,000 so far which I made in a few lucky weekends

At one point I had over $6,000 worth but made a few mistakes in who I trusted and lost a bunch.

I've played it excessively for years but only recently realized I could make irl cash off it

If I started playing full time I estimate I could make upwards of $15-20 per hour on my own schedule but I don't have much time with school lately and my internet is shit

male prostitute in second life ?

srsly tho, what game is it ?

It is called Runescape.

>.>

You can't just go on and start making $15-20 an hour with no preparation though

It requires hundreds of hours of preparation to get to the point where that's possible

But it's a very large business. I knew a guy with over $100,000 worth of gold on there. He could have cashed out but pure stupidity caused him to lose it all. I knew another who made a little over $10,000 in about a month

It's a really stupid game but if you know what you're doing you can make bank.

i know large amounts of people who are working mininum wage jobs after getting university degrees, it's the entire job market/economy for this generation of young people is fucked

it's silly to call it fucked, it progresses very naturally according to very well-known rules, whether you consider them just or no.

male prostitute in second life ?

srsly tho, what game is it ?

It is called Runescape.

>.>

You can't just go on and start making $15-20 an hour with no preparation though

It requires hundreds of hours of preparation to get to the point where that's possible

But it's a very large business. I knew a guy with over $100,000 worth of gold on there. He could have cashed out but pure stupidity caused him to lose it all. I knew another who made a little over $10,000 in about a month

It's a really stupid game but if you know what you're doing you can make bank.

wtf

it's silly to call it fucked, it progresses very naturally according to very well-known rules, whether you consider them just or no.

:facepalm:

forgive them Eugene, for they do not know of subjectivity.

:facepalm:

forgive them Eugene, for they do not know of subjectivity.

yes, how could we let human empathy get in the way of talking about economics.

Archived