IGNORED

Obama's full 180 reversal on Medical Marijuana

awepittance

2004 Obama -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQr9ezr8UeA&feature=relmfu

2008 Obama -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvUziSfMwAw&feature=relmfu

2009, Obama/Holder

Attorney General Eric Holder said at a press conference Wednesday that the Justice Department will no longer raid medical marijuana clubs that are established legally under state law. His declaration is a fulfillment of a campaign promise by President Barack Obama, and marks a major shift from the previous administration.

After the inauguration, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) continued to carry out such raids, despite Obama's promise. Holder was asked if those raids represented American policy going forward.

"No," he said. "What the president said during the campaign, you'll be surprised to know, will be consistent with what we'll be doing in law enforcement. He was my boss during the campaign. He is formally and technically and by law my boss now. What he said during the campaign is now American policy."

2011 Obama (this story broke 4 days ago to the shock of the marijuana community)

Obama Administration Escalates War On Medical Marijuana Patients

Despite the Obama Administration's promise to respect state law and leave medical marijuana patients alone, its attack on patients and providers operating legally under state law is rapidly escalating.

At least 16 landlords in California this week received letters saying they are in violation of federal drug laws, and that state law will not protect them.

The four U.S. Attorneys in California are holding a press conference in Sacramento today (Friday), in which they are expected to announce a broad crackdown on medical marijuana.

A series of administration actions in the past month makes it clear that they are engaged in a full scale assault on medical marijuana patients' rights and their ability to access medicine, and that they have reconsidered their willingness to allow states with medical marijuana laws to implement those policies without federal interference, according to the Drug Policy Alliance (DPA).

The Treasury Department is now forcing banks in Colorado to close accounts of medical marijuana businesses operating legally under state law.

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) now says it will not recognize legitimate business expenses of dispensaries and is requiring owners to pay taxes required of no other businesses; the result will be closure of the most well regulated dispensaries, and the loss of millions of dollars in tax revenue for local governments -- not exactly a wise move during the middle of the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression.

And the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) last week ruled that state-sanctioned medical marijuana patients cannot legally possess firearms.

"The Obama Administration's latest moves strongly suggest that their medical marijuana policies are now being driven by over-zealous prosecutors and the anti-marijuana ideologues who dominated policymaking in past administrations," said Ethan Nadelmann, executive director of the DPA.

"Barack Obasma is betraying promises made when he ran for president and turning his back on the sensible policies announced during his first year in office," Nadelmann said. "Instead of encouraging state and locals authorities to regulate medical marijuana distribution in the interests of public safety and health, his administration seems determined to re-criminalize as much as possible.

"It all adds up to bad policy, bad politics and bad faith," Nadelmann said.

- the administration will go after every single dispensary operating right now

- the administration will go after every single grow operation for dispensaries

- all private property owed by people who rent to either growers or dispensaries knowingly will either face property seizure or extremely high fines and even possible criminal charges

this is unequivocally now worse than the Bush administration's policy on medical marijuana. How do people who partake in the medical system feel about this reversal? Or what about those who don't?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3% sounds about right. I mean let's face it the whole 'medical' thing was just to pave the way for eventual decriminalization/ legalization . By all accounts the plan has been working, the taboo of marijuana in the united states has been lifted significantly since the California medical law was passed.

Obama most likely has nothing to do with it, although i can see a great opportunity for tea party activists (aka sub-humans) to jump on it.

what makes you assume that? IF Bush were in charge of the country would you make the same assumption, that the commander in chief had 'nothing to do with it' ?

but what makes you say 'most likely' to me that shows some level of assuming on your part. I just hear a similar thing very often from people that whenever the Obama admin fucks up majorly, it's always not his fault for one reason or another

Guest underscore

dumb. i wish we could just make it legal though, sometimes i have hopes about seeing that in my lifetime and then shit like this happens.

And the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) last week ruled that state-sanctioned medical marijuana patients cannot legally possess firearms.

lol WTF!

marijuana community

:sup:

sorry it's dumb ill admit it, but trolling aside, it would be cool if you posted again

well, awepittance, you do realize there's a reason it's referred to as the obama "administration" and not just "that frickin black guy we have for president"

im not really sure how to answer that, you've not addressed my actual question. Did you give Bush a similar free pass during the actions of his administration? And if not, why exactly?

seems like a double standard to give Obama so much slack, seeing he is the current president of the united states

to be honest, no i did not give him a free pass, but when i heard of the medical marijuana crackdowns during his presidency, i did not think he was solely responsible for it. that would have been dumb.

letting ppl have weed does not make for an effecient workforce regardless of any benefit or harmlessness

state law is there to make you thing you actually have any say with democracy and to deal with

domestic issues that will stop you rioting in the street

federal goverment own the bank and dont have to answer to anybody

who really controls\owns the bank? not the US general public or obama thats for sure

3% sounds about right. I mean let's face it the whole 'medical' thing was just to pave the way for eventual decriminalization/ legalization . By all accounts the plan has been working, the taboo of marijuana in the united states has been lifted significantly since the California medical law was passed.

this

Obama most likely has nothing to do with it, although i can see a great opportunity for tea party activists (aka sub-humans) to jump on it.

Actually, a lot of the "tea party" is quite divided on the issue. The libertarian-leaning activists openly embraces decriminalization to free up policing responsibility and create a new revenue source. The astroturf members, i.e. the ones who've always been social conservative right-wingers, are against decriminalization and probably personally want to see more dry counties and cities as well.

I personally think Federal level decriminalization is off the table because it would be seen as a sincere opportunity to scale back the drug war in general. Add the fact that any politician in a moderate or conservative district can't favor decriminalization without losing votes from the moral oriented dipshits, and suddenly an obviously flawed and misguided policy is going to continue without question.

marijuana community

:sup:

sorry it's dumb ill admit it, but trolling aside, it would be cool if you posted again

well, awepittance, you do realize there's a reason it's referred to as the obama "administration" and not just "that frickin black guy we have for president"

im not really sure how to answer that, you've not addressed my actual question. Did you give Bush a similar free pass during the actions of his administration? And if not, why exactly?

seems like a double standard to give Obama so much slack, seeing he is the current president of the united states

Well at some point in the past, Obama actually made some sense. Can't really say that about Bush. (But at least he's consistent!) That's why he deserves some kind of slack. In the sense of: this is so stupid, that's almost not Obama-like. There's still some hope left. Not much though.

Guys, if we legalize marijuana about 1/2 of the DEA would be out of jobs. We need to be creating jobs, not eliminating them. Bad idea!

Guys, if we legalize marijuana about 1/2 of the DEA would be out of jobs. We need to be cutting government spending! Great idea!

How about legalizing everything below 15% thc? That way, you need a couple of thousand extra agents to check for thc-levels. More jobs. Legal weed. Everybody happy!

Fuck Obama

everything has been decided, it has been planned far in advance. there is never any 'election' in america (or anywhere else for that matter), nor will there ever be. obama's now dwindling popularity is only because he's african american, he promises alternative and 'hope', gifts (that he then quickly snatches away), he is charismatic and people want to fuck him. he is just another distraction laid fourth by the power in the shadow.

don't believe a word any of them say, anywhere in the world. they are all liars, prevailers of conveniently customized false truth

Archived