IGNORED

Plaid in Düsseldorf last night

Terpentintollwut

Jeez ... poor guys. Last night was such a mess!

Everything broke down on them: The projection started messing up a couple minutes into the set, some random rectangles started to appear, sometimes it would pause and there was about 10 minutes during which there was only a black screen. It didn't bother me that much because I came for the music, but you could tell how upset they were getting, and trying to fix it, some sound-fuckups were inevitable so they eventually paused the whole set and apologized. Some idiot people started leaving (after they had patiently set through some horrible supporting acts!), I don't think most of them knew who Plaid were anyways... :facepalm:

Anyway, apart from all the technical error shit and the audience, the set was fantastic and I'm glad I went there. Must be the hell of an impression they take away from my town! :cisfor:

I had a quick chat with Ed after the show, basically he said he didn't blame people for leaving. :unsure:

PS: Where were you, Wurstwasser? Didn't know what you look like but I didn't see any watmm-esque faces in Row 6 :wink:

Hi Terpentintollwut, I wasn't there because I was too busy at my job, a lot is changing there and so I coudn't afford to go to D'Dorf. I was so busy I forgot to have a look at the eBay auction a started a few days before, people offered EUR 13 but I've it on auto deny if <16 EUR. Because I totally forgot it, the tickets weren't sold, but hey. Now I've got 2 fresh and new sheets of paper for 50 EUR.

Why do you think people were there if not for Plaid?

And: What is a watmmesque face? Something you find on gore websites? Or him:-> :wtf::pedobear::snares: ?

Guest melanie

was wondering that myself. did they just go to this venue and Plaid happened to be playing? seriously doubt that. they're imbeciles for leaving *insert snobbish, self-righteous emoticon*

And: What is a watmmesque face? Something you find on gore websites? Or him:-> :wtf::pedobear::snares: ?

LMAO!!

Oh I thought this thing went down with 0 replies ...

Hi Terpentintollwut, I wasn't there because I was too busy at my job, a lot is changing there and so I coudn't afford to go to D'Dorf. I was so busy I forgot to have a look at the eBay auction a started a few days before, people offered EUR 13 but I've it on auto deny if <16 EUR. Because I totally forgot it, the tickets weren't sold, but hey. Now I've got 2 fresh and new sheets of paper for 50 EUR.

Two tickets? Who was gonna go with you?

I think about 70-80% of people went there because they had tickets for that "New Fall Festival" thing: When I bought my ticket in August, about two thirds of seats were taken. The 2nd ticket for my ladyfriend who spontaneously joined me I bought a day before the event, and the seat-situation hadn't changed at all. I'm guessing for most people there the tickets were probably part of some type of other deal related to that festival thing, so it was kinda like I said jokingly about the classical music lover with the year-pass - they were gonna go anyway, regardless of Plaid being there or not. Some seats that previously had people sitting in them were already empty when Plaid started! :huh: And the most people left about 15 minutes in ... dunno. Ladyfriend said they "must have been disturbed by that little bit of complexity" - maybe. But I think they mostly left because Plaid were last and they couldn't see the difference between them and the rubbish starting acts.

I mean, listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HIZFupA9yU&feature=player_detailpage#t=167s

skip to 2:46 - it was so embarrassing to watch! :fear: - then I picked up the ticket again and realized their name was Cloud Boat ... CLOUD BOAT ffs!

Yeah that's the dreaded rectangles! They kept showing up, later on there were blackouts of several minutes, a bit of Mac OS window showed up (at which some jerk called "WHOOHOO!") ... and then they paused it to fix it, it still didn't work, rectangles came back ... I asked Ed what was up with those rectangles man! and he said they were part of the video :fear: ... but they're not, right?!

edit: Why did you lie to me, Ed? :wtf:

Archived