IGNORED

Aphex's shittiest works

KovalainenFanBoy

do i really need a reason to not like a track ?

i never liked arched maid - it sounds totally out of place on HAB and does nothing for me....

go and cry into your come to daddy pillowcases you fucking babies

lol, you are the best. See what this and every other thread like this does

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you guys talking about tracks like Cod Cud is a Twin, which are bad but likable, or tracks like Elephant Song, which are just bad?

this got me panties in a bunch. two great songs, albeit cow cud maybe a little imperfect, but that's it's character and charm like chimera said. elephant song, on the other hand, is a seamless track, the percussion is perfect, the scream is insane, the atmosphere of that that signature aphex UFO-ambiance in the background adds the perfect amount of sci-fi feel. all of his tracks can be dissected in the same ways, their all good in their own right.

expect the bit tracks, lornaderek, pigeon street, and maybe some others i'm missing, which sound interesting, but are all too short to have any definite structure

Guest Xenblake

Most of it. LOLZ!!!!

Amazing. Someone on here who doesn't seem to like Aphex all that much.

I would probably fall into that category as well.

I dislike most of his stuff that isn't ICBYD/RDJ/SAW85-92...

On-topic, I dislike the Analord tracks, and absolutely loathe Digeridoo and Universal Indicator.

SAW85-92 is great. I greatly admire SAW II, it takes intent listening. Unfortunately I often fiind it too depressing and ominous to actually listen to all the way through.

ICBYD and RDJ are so so. Some great tracks, and some really annoying ones.

However I really dig Analords and Tuss is even better.

• 1 month later...
Guest Mononoke

let's try and remember that the proper rdj album stops at logon rock witch

i think it's his most consistent work with that in mind.

shittiest works? pretty harsh term...never was big on classics really. or EKT. pretty lazy album when you consider how awesome the two artists are on their own. maybe they just didn't hit their stride together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnnOkiVex0c

Your argument is inworthless.

I can think off like 10 or more shitty aphex twin songs, but i'm not gonna look this up, does anyone remember more then 20titles of aphex twin tracknames?

there is a shitty work on every release i think...

still my favorite artist

Shittiest works:

Analord 9 and 11 (though I like most of the digital bonuses on rephlex.com, and I also like backdoor.ranky.s4 as a coming-down track between dense tracks in some playlists I put together)

Goodbye Rute (if that is indeed RDJ, it doesn't conclusively sound like him to me)

About 5 or 6 tracks on DrucQks, the less developped ones. Orban eq trx4 runs out of steam in 17 seconds and overstays its welcome for four times that duration.

Most of the stuff up to RDJ album, which in retrospect, mostly juvenilia. SAW 85-92 has some magic sounds and emotions, but the tracks are too static to bear repeated listenings in 2012. Of course Xtal and Tha are great, Helisphan also maybe. I want to like Hedphylym, but I tune out a minute into the track because nothing happens. ICBYD has great sounds and attitude, which makes up for the lack of development on some tracks. SAWII is a unique great album, though.

Window Licker is a good track, but the mastering sounds like shit to my ear. I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong, but it just sounds over-processed and feels like a black and white photocopy of a track when it should be at least a bright hue photographic color print.

That ep with mike is one of the worst I ever heard from richard. I think he regrets it too.

wha??

the so dubbed: "Expert Knob Twiddlers?"

What about it don't you like? It's hilarious and pretty fucked up if you get the references...

in what way is The Waxen Path, Wax The Nip, Icct Hedral, Ventolin, Come On, You Slags!, Start As You Mean To Go On, Wet Tip Hen Ax, Mookid, and Next Heap With trip hop?

I'm curious too lol

Yeah, I loved loved loved Expert Knob Twiddlers. The first five tracks are cool and funky, then there's a dull streak with track 6, 7 and 8, but then you have Sound of beady eyes (perhaps the staightest track on the record) and a nice ambient closer. One of the best artwork covers to boot, and this album is a gem. Yeah, it's silly and sloppy, so you have to be in the proper mood to listen to it.

I don't know if RDJ ever dismissed Mike & Rich, but I think Mike P did dismiss it as a letdown on his label's shop page to boost his collaboration with Jochem Paap. I'd rather listen to Mike and Rich than Slag Boom Van Loon any day of the week.

Yeah, I loved loved loved Expert Knob Twiddlers. The first five tracks are cool and funky, then there's a dull streak with track 6, 7 and 8, but then you have Sound of beady eyes (perhaps the staightest track on the record) and a nice ambient closer. One of the best artwork covers to boot, and this album is a gem. Yeah, it's silly and sloppy, so you have to be in the proper mood to listen to it.

I don't know if RDJ ever dismissed Mike & Rich, but I think Mike P did dismiss it as a letdown on his label's shop page to boost his collaboration with Jochem Paap. I'd rather listen to Mike and Rich than Slag Boom Van Loon any day of the week.

Yeah, agreed, I think it's awesome. . And ahh.. bu bu bu ba? wtf is happening in that song? It's twisted.

That ep with mike is one of the worst I ever heard from richard. I think he regrets it too.

wha??

What about it don't you like? It's hilarious and pretty fucked up if you get the references...

I can only really listen to 2 or 3 tunes from the EKT EP: Reg, Sound of the Beady Eyes and Bu Bu Bu Ba. This EP is pretty average comparing to others.

Can you explain why am I funny and pretty fucked up for not like this particular EP? I would thank you for that.

wha??

I can only really listen to 2 or 3 tunes from the EKT EP: Reg, Sound of the Beady Eyes and Bu Bu Bu Ba. This EP is pretty average comparing to others.

Can you explain why am I funny and pretty fucked up for not like this particular EP? I would thank you for that.

Well, if you would read my post properly you would see that it clearly says the EP is hilarious and pretty fucked up if "you" the listener, "get", meaning understand, the references (in the music).

I hope that it is clear now that I am saying the EP, previously labelled "It's", is hilarious and fucked up. Not you, the person reading these posts.

Well, if you would read my post properly you would see that it clearly says the EP is hilarious and pretty fucked up if "you" the listener, "get", meaning understand, the references (in the music).

I don't get said references. Could you please give us an example?

I don't get said references. Could you please give us an example?

No, I really can't. The references are not to anything concrete and are, like much of his music, subjective references, there for the listener to interpret.

I clearly hear something wrong and illegal happening in Bu Bu Bu Ba. Use your imagination.

The fact that there is interpretive value in this EP is the basis for me saying it is a good piece of work aside from production value, etc.

Archived