IGNORED

what are the funniest films ever made

pcock

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to spark a debate about sexism and stuff, but there's an old Jack Lemmon romantic comedy called "How to Murder Your Wife" where all the female characters are hilarious caricatures of women, and it's hilariously fucking hilarious. Has me laughing all the way through every time I watch it.

I also find Burn After Reading to be really funny all the way through.

And of course, the Big Lebowski, but that hardly has to be mentioned.

I like The Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction is pretty funny, Dead Alive, Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, The Toxic Avenger , The Toxic Avenger Part 2. The Evil Dead. I hear the second on is even funnier but I haven't seen it yet.

braindead was fun when I was 16 or whatever I was when that came out, I haven't seen it since. You yanks call it dead alive.

Hot Fuzz is possibly my favourite comedy.

Good funny feature films are hard to come by. Comedy series are where it's at: Arrested Development, The Office, Black Books, Flight of The Conchords. There are not a lot of films that achieve the kind of laughs that these shows deliver.

+1 for The Big Lebowsky. That's amazing because the first time I saw it I was a little bit disappointed (and maybe also a little bit to young) and since then every time I watch it I laugh more than the previous one. Every character is so fucking perfect in the way he/she is a loser. And the actors suits there losers parts so well. One of my favourite film, definitely. Also, the last time I saw it I was super stoned and the combination works great.

The first time I saw The Party I had the giggles but I think it was more due to the circumstance and to the people I was watching it with. Wonderful memory though

There's also this french film that everyone in France have seen and knows some of its dialogues : La Cité de la Peur. But I'm not sure it exports well in another language. I'm curious to know if someone here (not french) watched and liked it.

Also, that's not a film but south park can make me laugh so hard sometimes (I think I cried out of laughing once). Even if it's a bit random depending on the episode you're watching and probably your state of mind.

There's Something About Mary is brilliant IMO. Some scenes are perfect. I think it's a lot more intelligent and subtle than it looks.

And I'm also amazed how some Chaplin's films can still be extremely funny nowadays. He made some of them so early in the cinema history.., what a genius.

if you like top Secret, check out young val kilmer in Real Genius, a really great 80s movie/comedy

out of every single Will Ferrel movie, Step Brothers is my favorite.

Steak is a pretty good comedy too, much more pure comedy than Rubber

best python films - Life of Brian and the Meaning of Life

John Candy - Delirious (basically his groundhog day except hes stuck in a soap opera) the Last Polka (if you like fake documentaries and Spinal Tap, this is a must see, Eugene Levy and Candy side by side)

http://en.wikipedia..../The_Last_Polka

Peter Jackson - Forgotten Silver, one of the best fake documentaries ever made and one of PJ's most underrated movies. & Meet the Feebles

i thought the Coen brothers remake of Ladykillers was hilarious, it's not up there with Lebowski or Raising Arizona, but it's still funnier than 99% of hollywood films, and probably has Tom Hanks best performance since Philadelphia

Steven Soderbergh has made a couple of excellent comedy films too like Full Frontal and Schizopolis. These are both very unconventional movies, not normal comedies.

another vote for Freddy Got Fingered. I've seen it to death but it is still incredible

I was about to download that but i stumbled upon a review on rotten tomatoes of 11% i mean how can it be so bad? wtf

BAD.

Archived