IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

On 9/10/2024 at 7:43 AM, Worlds Most Johnsson said:

I guess it's been speculated already but, what if Steinvord is Jodey Kendrick?

He came to Rephlex around the same time Steinvord was released yes?

I thought that EDM A2 and B2 was from Richard back in the day. 

He would have been one of my prime candidates if there was someone else involved in the project. He's certainly got the production chops, loves a bit of break juggling and has been known to partake in the wacky pseudonym. I also wondered whether or not he was Heorge Garrison as well (or did that turn out to be Rolando Simmons? I can't remember!)

The only thing is if it was him alone, wouldn't it have been better to release it as J.K. or his full name - these are top tier tracks and you'd think he'd want to have public ownership of them so early on, or at least fess up in the intervening years. His first Rephlex releases were 2009, and I think Steinvord emerged the same year. I think in all likelihood a number of Rephlex alumni/affiliates were involved in the project.

Edited by Key
  • Like 2

On 9/10/2024 at 9:21 PM, cern said:

What do you mean how he get his hands on this track? 

Pure Underground made their own version of the unreleased Rome track like a decade ago or more. 

That track you are posting is a lame ripoff.. They have taking the Pure Underground version, slowed it down, put a bunch of filter on it and some lame drums. 
Same with that popular version on YouTube. It is the Pure Underground version with just added reverb and lame drums on top and they called it their tune. 

This is the Pure Underground version:

I knew nothing about the "Reconstruction by Pure Underground' 

• Like 1