IGNORED

is Steinvord none other than Sonny John Moore?

Guest skibby

Guest skibby

Who isn't Steinvord?

On Soundcloud, RDJ stated that he himself is not Steinvord. He also stated that he does not even know Steinvord's identity and only Grant does. I know that the identity of Steinvord is intended to be a secret, and even if such a wild guess that Steinvord is Skrillex were true, that it would be denied. Proving that Steinvord is Skrillex is not the point of this topic.

Recently, John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers has been making acid house, which demonstrates that an accomplished musician in one genre can also work in a different genre. Let that stand as exhibit A.

Skrillex has stated that he was a fan of Aphex, and Aphex retorted in somewhat a lukewarm fashion in a remark. Exhibit B.

Skrillex has the technical equipment and meticulous editing capability and focus needed to arrange music that fits tightly into the genre he is marketed in. It seems unnatural to have that much skill and no desire to experiment outside of such a tight range. Is he not human? Does he not admire the same music 'we' admire? Couldn't he whip out a DNB banger if he was in the mood?

My point in creating this topic was not to make you say "hm wow maybe..." but rather, I want to collect as much proof as possible that Steinvord is NOT Skrillex. So, basically... prove he's not.

All due respect to protohuman sensibilities in advance.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skibby

This was from before (?) the EP was released so this rumor has been floating ...

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/696452-skrillex-aphex.html

didn't know there was a rumor. the final clue was the recent "im not steinvord and i dont know who he is but grant does" comments on soundcloud.

if it is skrillex, and i hope it is, i wish he would just reveal it already. the schrödingers cat thing only works for so long anyway.

i have no direct knowledge of any of this, just deduction.

found this too: https://www.behance.net/gallery/3542745/Skrillex-Rephlex-Re-branding

edit: before I am banhammered, i'm only asking for proof that Steinvord isn't Skrillex, I am not trying to let the cat out of the experiment.

edit: before I am banhammered, i'm only asking for proof that Steinvord isn't Skrillex, I am not trying to let the cat out of the experiment.

this is very simple

Anchio Arch io Son Pittore is steinvord :rdjgrin:

and also: this thread

Guest skibby

this is very simple

Anchio Arch io Son Pittore is steinvord :rdjgrin:

and also: this thread

oh cool, is Anchio Arch io Son Pittore also Richard D. James?

anagram for steinvord

"Store in DV."

DV is the abbreviation for DeVry Education Group Inc. stock.

Doing pretty well at $32 a share. So guys...the only answer is to purchase some shares.

I think any attempts he would of made as a fake Aphex twin moniker, hypothetically, would have sounded more like Flim homages, Flahbulb style, and all the track names would be anagrams of "wheres the drop"

Archived