IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I been watching the 2020 miniseries made by ESPN and Netflix called The Last Dance. It is about Michael Jordan and tells the story of the Chicago Bulls NBA basketball franchise when he was on their team. I am not a huge sports fan, but I love it. Human athleticism and competition at the highest levels, lots of good humor and comradery between the players too. The storytelling has an arc over the whole series so far, but each episode also has its own arc and the documentary style is very nice, great use of archival footage and combining that with interviews in the present day with the players.

I am on season 3 of Deadwood. It has grown on me. Not MUCH happens but the dialogue is basically fireworks. Al Swearengen and Brad Dourif as the doctor steal the show. Tommy Oliphant... has one facial expression??

Looking forward to the movie.

Edited by gnarlybog

1 hour ago, decibal cooper said:

I been watching the 2020 miniseries made by ESPN and Netflix called The Last Dance. It is about Michael Jordan and tells the story of the Chicago Bulls NBA basketball franchise when he was on their team. I am not a huge sports fan, but I love it. Human athleticism and competition at the highest levels, lots of good humor and comradery between the players too. The storytelling has an arc over the whole series so far, but each episode also has its own arc and the documentary style is very nice, great use of archival footage and combining that with interviews in the present day with the players.

There's a doc called One Man & His Shoes too, it's about Air Jordans, mental doc, wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, I really enjoyed it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, decibal cooper said:

Same. I've never watched basketball in my life but The Last dance was brilliant. I don't even know why I started watching it in the first place! 

• Like 2

On 10/14/2024 at 12:07 PM, chenGOD said:

Late to the party but I started watching Prison Break, three episodes in, wondering  if this gets any better? I don’t understand how this is rated an 8.3/10 on IMDB. 

I know a few people who watched this back in the day and loved it. Seem to recall it gets better as it goes along. I tried watching it a few times and also thought it was dull.

Edited by beerwolf

I understand the criticism for Uzumaki eps 2-4, but actually enjoyed them nevertheless. The ridiculous pacing gives the story a very weird unpredictable structure. This combined with Junji Ito's wild ideas, constanly doubling down on the pretty simple initial concept, had me mesmerized. Horror (or fiction in general) rarely has that effect anymore. 

It probably helps that it's been years since I've read the book.

• Like 1