IGNORED

Skyrim is affecting my life.

prince hashim

Guest Pennywise

Skyrim was a great game, so were Fallout 3 and New Vegas - but I wouldn't want to spend any more time playing any of them. Like, walking to explore places is fun for the first 50-60-70 hours, then I wish I had a Bugatti Veyron (in the game I mean).

I got bored of gta V cos of all the driving about. Literally can't play that game now for more than 10 minutes.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pennywise

[youtubehd]k7n5kRRHDpw[/youtubehd]

If I showed that to me when I was a kid and told me that VR was going to happen In my twenties, I would of been so excited. Now, I watch that and feel like it's going to pave the way for a Matrix-ish future where everyone stays at home and spends their lives in a machine. My dad when he was young could of had fun with marbles and walking through a forest. Just hope kids are still into that stuff in the future and not totally unimpressed by everything and just want to return to their machine.

I don't know how it is possible to hate on Skyrim.

I'm normally not into high-fantasy sort of stuff, I actually can't stand that stuff most of the time. But the world in this game is just so huge, beautiful and incredible to explore, it is one of the best free roam experiences I've ever had.

It is the only Elder Scrolls I've played, but it is one of my favorite series just from playing this game. And I can't wait for what Bethesda are doing next (hopefully Fallout 4).

Skyrim was a great game, so were Fallout 3 and New Vegas - but I wouldn't want to spend any more time playing any of them. Like, walking to explore places is fun for the first 50-60-70 hours, then I wish I had a Bugatti Veyron (in the game I mean).

i take it you've never heard of "fast travel" or the world map?

Quite the contrary, I had heard and made use of the fast travel system and the world map. In Skyrim, I did a little bit of horseriding too.

Can you recall what the world maps of Skyrim & Fallout look like? There's so many locations, the world map gets cluttered with location icons. And there's no such thing as a location filter (to only show specific places).

Even if you fast travel between locations, you still need to cover quite a bit of distance to visit a new location.

Quite the contrary, I had heard and made use of the fast travel system and the world map. In Skyrim, I did a little bit of horseriding too.

Can you recall what the world maps of Skyrim & Fallout look like? There's so many locations, the world map gets cluttered with location icons. And there's no such thing as a location filter (to only show specific places).

Even if you fast travel between locations, you still need to cover quite a bit of distance to visit a new location.

there is location filter on skyrim, you can flick between the different types of location.

im not gonna lie, i think my boredom with skyrim is more just to do with growing up and not being as interested in fantasy gaming worlds as when i was young, it is admittedly a pretty vast, ambitious landscape to explore. i remember being completely enamoured with the zelda world when i played ocarina of time, but i was also 13 years old.

Zaphod: It is 'exploration' as you say, for the first few hours or so. After that, the 'exploration' aspect gradually becomes 'tiresome repetition'.

Don't get me wrong, my first post was reading "it's a great game, but I wouldn't want to play it again" ('again' implies 'from scratch'). Just in case you've missed it, once again: "it's a great game." I tried replaying Fallout New Vegas from scratch, with a new (different) character, with bad Karma (the first run-through, the character had good Karma); after the first 10 minutes, I was bored to death and uninstalled it.

Messiaen, I cannot recall a location filter, to be humbly honest.. To be fair, there's also the Skyrim Wikia website, it's quite easy visiting that to get intel on missions, locations etc. And I hadn't checked any mods, it's possible that someone made a UI enhancement mod.

these days I feel video games are so limited in what you can do. You can only do so much in those rpg games, and they are all about leveling up and grinding, getting weapons and equipments. Even the stories in rpg games are shitty compared to what you can find in books. I feel like sandbox games and competitive multiplayer games (fighting, dota2, starcraft, etc.) are much more interesting than the other ones.

Then there are a lot of games that are rather artfully executed like Ico. There aren't enough choices of actions and wide range of things happening in games. I mean it's understandable given how game development goes. You build a basic foundation, like in GTA you get build the city and cars and get guns, and then using only those elements, you build a game. Fallout and Elder Scroll series feel like the same game with some minor differences.

I've found dwarf fortress to be the most diverse single player I've played. There is just so much you can do in that game.

yeah most games feels like repetition after the first few hours into it. I don't know why when I was younger, I didn't get bored of doing those things over and over again. I mean I felt satisfied seeing that my character has gained a level through grinding. Now I don't feel any satisfaction at all because I can't even appreciate that leveling up your character is suppose to give you a rewarding feeling.

well it depends on what you mean by 'younger'. When i was 'young' videogames took at most 5 hours to beat from start to finish, now assholes
er 'gamers' want a game to take 30-40 hours to beat or they feel ripped off. I guess i just dont understand how someone could spend that long playing a video game with the rest of their lives to live.

I mean at some point I think people will start to feel video games are getting more boring. If not, then they are probably either retarded or not growing up (probably as a result of being retarded). I think people should try to explore and experience as many things as possible in life. What else is there to do in life other than to die? I get bored of things easily, especially when I'm not chronically smoking weed. It's rather easy to grind through games and still feel they are fun when you are high. Do something different, then come back to video games, and they'll be fun again. Do something until you get sick of it, and then try something else. I don't know why some people are unable to get sick of doing whatever they are doing for so long, probably because they are retarded to begin with.

I've probably played hundreds of hours in Skyrim. The thing is, I played a lot of it with a friend of mine, and we played for a challenge. We'd have vegan characters, pacifists, naked warhammer dudes, you name it. We would absurdly decide to collect brooms, vow away potions, marry an Argonian, pickpocket the clothes off all the guards in whiterun. The key is to mix it up every time and play the game from as many directions as possible. And play it on an xbox or with an xbox controller with a friend and pass it between the two of you. Get in a shitty situation and let him get out of it. Become overpowered as all hell and then change your playstyle. It may not be infinite fun, but it sure as hell can be a lot of fun.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas are also damned great games, too.

I mean at some point I think people will start to feel video games are getting more boring. If not, then they are probably either retarded or not growing up (probably as a result of being retarded). I think people should try to explore and experience as many things as possible in life. What else is there to do in life other than to die? I get bored of things easily, especially when I'm not chronically smoking weed. It's rather easy to grind through games and still feel they are fun when you are high. Do something different, then come back to video games, and they'll be fun again. Do something until you get sick of it, and then try something else. I don't know why some people are unable to get sick of doing whatever they are doing for so long, probably because they are retarded to begin with.

Yeah people who don't think and act the way you want them to are without a doubt retarded. Great post.

Yeah people who don't think and act the way you want them to are without a doubt retarded. Great post.

lol

gaarg - i never played gothic 2, but have you -- or anyone reading this -- played Inquisitor? looks pretty great, i just don't know if i have the time: http://inquisitor-rpg.com/

Archived