IGNORED

caustic window repress

kinski

Guest notMordecai

ICBYD being a good example. So many songs I hate, so many songs I love. Definately a ping-pong album for me.

I thought it was just me.

I myself really like the Caustic Window work James did so this is a purchase for sure.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gwc sent hat this message on facebook, and asked him to pass it along

hello again. boomkat are selling in some represses of AFX/Caustic Window. I knew they ve been in the pipeline for time, but heard about the actual release via a WATMM/thread this morning. I'm not registered on it so cannot reply. Boomkat are saying it's remastered, repackaged with an extra track. this is not true. i've emailed the distrubutors and boomkat about this but it's still me that will get the stick for it. I thought i ought to inform you about it.

13656976.jpg

A few threads ago, I sung the praises of Rephlex (they must be the best company to work for, because nothing ever happens!). Saying that so much weird shit seems to be happening of late it's all a bit :shrug:

So anyone actually bought this? Reactions, thoughts, comments?

Well I bought it in 1998, and it's amazing, so if you don't have it, it really is totally essential.

I meant this new, allegedly remastered and repackaged version. But then I took another look at Boomkat and it seems like they removed initial description. So I guess this is just a simple reissue.

"Hi Boomkat, hope u r well

Someone just informed us via WATMM, was planning to release a load of afx rmstrd trx --don't do that! they will come out with a load more on a boxset or something at some point, best quality. If they r remastered prior to this it will scupper any plans. Wot say thee?

Cheers

Best Regards,

Grant & Richard"

OMG!!! :w00t: must i do 2 believe it or it's just a dream... :cerious:

Someone just informed us via WATMM, was planning to release a load of afx rmstrd trx --don't do that! they will come out with a load more on a boxset or something at some point, best quality. If they r remastered prior to this it will scupper any plans. Wot say thee?

Cheers

Best Regards,

Grant & Richard"

It's a paraphrase of the letter Joyrex got concerning his MD that he asked permission to leak.

Cheers

Best Regards,

Grant & Richard"

It's a paraphrase of the letter Joyrex got concerning his MD that he asked permission to leak.

right, definitely remember that; well played sir.. well played

I once messaged GWC on his facebook about a proposed box set and he said it was not true. Take that for what it's worth.

Did anyone honestly believe they'd release those tracks? I knew it was just their way of trying to appeal to the 'fans' and keep the material offline (lot of good that did, since I wasn't the only one who had these tracks).

I think when we see Rephlex getting all nostalgic and starting to issue unreleased known material, that's when we'll know it's lost the plot, or are desparate for cash.

That, or GWC just forgot about what he said. I'd frankly be surprised if we see another original Aphex/AFX release on Rephlex. Analord was the last hurrah.

I'd frankly be surprised if we see another original Aphex/AFX release on Rephlex. Analord was the last hurrah.

Why did you think it's the last hurrah? Can you explain a bit or do you know more ?

I'd frankly be surprised if we see another original Aphex/AFX release on Rephlex. Analord was the last hurrah.

Why did you think it's the last hurrah? Can you explain a bit or do you know more ?

No, pure speculation on my part, influenced by the fact we haven't had a proper Aphex Twin release (technically) since DrukQs, and the last AFX release was Analord. Sure, the Tuss came out, but even that was some time ago. I think Richard has found a lucrative post-music career DJing, which still allows him to create music and play it without having to worry about releasing it, all the modern problems of relasing music in the digital age, etc. - the worst that happens is people bootleg his shows, but he's already gotten his money's worth out of that show, and every show is different, so people still keep coming.

I really think he might have given up on relasing music commercially - and won't be surprised if that's the case. He's got a big enough back-catalogue that his royalities are probably sufficient for him not to worry about finances as much anymore.

Of course, I would love to be totally wrong and we see a proper, lush, exquisitely packcaged Aphex Twin or AFX release this year and prove once again why he's one of the best, if not the best electronic music composer of the last 30 years.

No, pure speculation on my part, influenced by the fact we haven't had a proper Aphex Twin release (technically) since DrukQs, and the last AFX release was Analord. Sure, the Tuss came out, but even that was some time ago. I think Richard has found a lucrative post-music career DJing, which still allows him to create music and play it without having to worry about releasing it, all the modern problems of relasing music in the digital age, etc. - the worst that happens is people bootleg his shows, but he's already gotten his money's worth out of that show, and every show is different, so people still keep coming.

I really think he might have given up on relasing music commercially - and won't be surprised if that's the case. He's got a big enough back-catalogue that his royalities are probably sufficient for him not to worry about finances as much anymore.

Of course, I would love to be totally wrong and we see a proper, lush, exquisitely packcaged Aphex Twin or AFX release this year and prove once again why he's one of the best, if not the best electronic music composer of the last 30 years.

I was getting through my DVD archive and got stuck on a episode on german Wah2 tv (a sidecompany from VIVA) and they made a special Aphex Twin evening just before his 30th birthday. They made also a little game where you could win one of 4 vinyl from the fresh "2 remixes by AFX".

Very nostalgic and when they showed up the Ventolin video I thought: "well the world would be richer with a new album from Aphex."

I would really like to see another album but maybe you are right: djing is easier than releasing music commercially. I really hope he did not put releases to grave.

Archived