IGNORED

Phantom Menace 3D trailer robs Star Wars of its last shred of dignity

Squee

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just don't throw any money at it. It'll go away if they understand it doesn't make any money.

lol no it wont. Lucas will probably throw his own money out at it....or use the race card like he has been.

Face it, there are a million guaranteed buyers of any Star Wars merchandise for the rest of eternity.

Lucas? Dunno. As far as I can tell Lucas (and his companies) is the businessman those redlettermedia reviews make him out to be. He's in it for the money. He'll only throw his own money at it, if he thinks it'll generate more money. Don't think for a minute he hasn't made a serious business case before he took the decision of going 3D.

edit: @smetty the 4th

edit2:

Face it, there are a million guaranteed buyers of any Star Wars merchandise for the rest of eternity.

Kill them with fire.

Star Wars is not good at all. Plot is simple, characters are bullshit rednecks soap opera-type of characters and the universe Lucas "created" is just to sell figurines.

the trilogy is still pretty cool, I thought it was my childhood memories fooling me, making everything better than it was, but I rewatched them with my kid recently and they're likeable films. Got a certain charm and realness to them that the new ones completely lack.

These 3D remakes suck so heavily. And not enough that every movie gets its merchandise, LEGO theme, a triology or even more, a book, it even gets a 3D version. I could get so angry over it. People are so uninspired these days!

Guest bitroast

i tried watching The Phantom Edit recently and had to stop around 3 quarters in, when i realised i just had 0 zero interest in the film or it's stupid story and lack of characters/acting/emotion.

it really is one of the worst films ever made. kids shouldn't bother with this crap.

Star Wars is not good at all. Plot is simple, characters are bullshit rednecks soap opera-type of characters and the universe Lucas "created" is just to sell figurines.

While I don't love the originals, I think they were purposely a throwback to that kind of thing. They was like a Flash Gordon analogy. Also, 70s media was getting pretty boring and shitty around that time, and Star Wars helped fix that. Close Encounters was probably better (though I admit that I can't really remember it), but it came out after Star Wars, so what're you gonna do.

Ewoks sucked, though.

Lucas? Dunno. As far as I can tell Lucas (and his companies) is the businessman those redlettermedia reviews make him out to be. He's in it for the money. He'll only throw his own money at it, if he thinks it'll generate more money. Don't think for a minute he hasn't made a serious business case before he took the decision of going 3D.

edit: @smetty the 4th

edit2:

Kill them with fire.

see id like to think that, but considering the whopping price tag of Red Tails paid with his own money compared to the net profits its making, it seems pretty clear from his interviews that he is doing exactly what redlettermedia called him on: trying to win over a black audience to check out the star wars series. Is it shallow and fairly racist? I'd say so. However this is speculation. But I'm not the only one doing it.

and yes, kill them with fire

Archived