IGNORED

Phantom Menace 3D trailer robs Star Wars of its last shred of dignity

Squee

However this is speculation. But I'm not the only one doing it.

and yes, kill them with fire

We should add these lines to the rules. Like a true watmm'er, we should only speculate based on *facts*.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucas likes to stick his big, throbbing cock in everything good he's ever done. There were the Star Wars prequels which completely ruined Star Wars forever, and then the special editions of the originals with "added content" (they added in a Nabu celebration at the end of the third in which you can hear Jar Jar celebrating if you listen closely), and now he's managed to somehow fuck up the Star Wars prequels themselves. He even fucked up THX 1138 by making a "director's cut" which just added special effects (and not even good ones). I can only assume he's done something horrible to American Graffiti, but I haven't watched it so I wouldn't know.

Geez, I don't understand how Lucas became such a self-rapist.

I don't know man, if I was a kid in 2012 and saw that commercial without a heavy influence of the original trilogy in my memory, I would think this is awesome.

But that's where it seems like the Star Wars franchise has been ever since the second trilogy came out—I tended to associate the recent films with a largely adolescent target market for some reason. The LEGO Star Wars game(s?) is a good example of that. But I don't know why so many fans get so annoyed about that. It's not like Lucas or anybody will ever do anything truly great with the franchise.

note: this is mainly conjecture as i've only seen a new hope, not really a fan lol

Lucas likes to stick his big, throbbing cock in everything good he's ever done. There were the Star Wars prequels which completely ruined Star Wars forever, and then the special editions of the originals with "added content" (they added in a Nabu celebration at the end of the third in which you can hear Jar Jar celebrating if you listen closely), and now he's managed to somehow fuck up the Star Wars prequels themselves. He even fucked up THX 1138 by making a "director's cut" which just added special effects (and not even good ones). I can only assume he's done something horrible to American Graffiti, but I haven't watched it so I wouldn't know.

Geez, I don't understand how Lucas became such a self-rapist.

See, I think I gotta take the side of Redlettermedia again; I think they called Lucas what he was when they suggested that Lucases critical success probably came from the diverse talents he was somehow able to assemble as a starving artist out to disrupt the status quo. Now he can just throw money at anything that walks, usurp all credit, and not tolerate any dissent in regards to the writing or any other organization of the films he produces/directs. If he did at some point "have it", he lost it long ago.

Man, some of you are taking this way too serious.

Personally I am not even that large of a fan of the Star Wars series, but what really bothers me about his current attitude towards filmmaking is almost like a creepy historical revisionism. If you want to tell your children 20 years from now about how amazing the original versions of Star Wars were, how does your nostalgia translate to your offspring? Maybe Im thinking too abstract, but that essentially is what disturbs me about this.

Lucas has also shown himself to be a ruthless opportunist. Not only from merchandising, but the whole debacle with Red Tails which IMHO is pretty disgusting and shallow at its core.

However this is speculation. But I'm not the only one doing it.

and yes, kill them with fire

We should add these lines to the rules. Like a true watmm'er, we should only speculate based on *facts*.

I can't tell if this is critiquing my earlier statements or just a joke, but I would simply add that I base these assumptions on how he himself presents himself to the public...this Red Tails scenario makes him seem like a profiteer off of racial tensions and with a less than honorable agenda.

oh no! look who's here.... the chancellor! that can only mean one thing: senate time! experience the thrill of interstellar politics!

i tried watching The Phantom Edit recently and had to stop around 3 quarters in, when i realised i just had 0 zero interest in the film or it's stupid story and lack of characters/acting/emotion.

it really is one of the worst films ever made. kids shouldn't bother with this crap.

same, except i only made it through half. I think part of the reason there is such a big back lash against it is because so many asshole convinced themselves it was awesome the day they walked out of the theatre. It took them years to realize just how fucking raped they had been

edit: everybody was just on a 'star wars is back!' high, when they came down they felt depressed, sweaty, cold and disgusting

I saw this trailer in 3D at the cinema and it looked shite and dated.

why can Lucas redo the first two prequels or will that be just the plane old fact that you can shine shite with shite in fact the only good stuff from the Star Wars franchise recently is the stuff he had nothing to do with like the excellent Clone Wars animation or this......

they seem to have got the guy from America's Funniest Animals to do the voice-over.

When I was in college, I helped a friend do her fake Pizza Hut commercial and did that voice almost exactly.

why can Lucas redo the first two prequels or will that be just the plane old fact that you can shine shite with shite in fact the only good stuff from the Star Wars franchise recently is the stuff he had nothing to do with like the excellent Clone Wars animation or this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFt6e_Usdg8

taking Genndy Tartakovsky off the future of Star Wars animation or even just out of Star Wars in general was the biggest mistake in the post Prequel Star Wars universe imo. The new CGI clonewars cartoon does not hold a candle to his 2d shorts.

Guest RadarJammer

[youtubehd]T69ftWNg97U[/youtubehd]

"Hey Qui-Gon, you don't wanna be late to your own funeral..."

I understand the decision to make a 3D version but I wont in a million years understand the decision to hire that goon as a professional voice actor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFt6e_Usdg8

LOl this reminds me, the fat guy pilot of the Xwing there....at around 34 seconds.

I was in the theaters as a teen watching the rereleased Star Wars (ya know, where it was only 3% CGI compared to the 40-50% now), and a bunch of drunk guys up in front went fucking beserk whenever the fat guy came up, cheering for him and calling him "Bob" like they knew him personally. When he died it was suddenly silent, and I could have sworn I heard the soft pitter-patter of drunken tears soaking the floor in front of me. Best Star Wars moment ever.

I was in the theaters as a teen watching the rereleased Star Wars (ya know, where it was only 3% CGI compared to the 40-50% now), and a bunch of drunk guys up in front went fucking beserk whenever the fat guy came up, cheering for him and calling him "Bob" like they knew him personally. When he died it was suddenly silent, and I could have sworn I heard the soft pitter-patter of drunken tears soaking the floor in front of me. Best Star Wars moment ever.

thats a great story

Guest we_kill_soapscum

oh no! look who's here.... the chancellor! that can only mean one thing: senate time! experience the thrill of interstellar politics!

lul

See, I think I gotta take the side of Redlettermedia again; I think they called Lucas what he was when they suggested that Lucases critical success probably came from the diverse talents he was somehow able to assemble as a starving artist out to disrupt the status quo. Now he can just throw money at anything that walks, usurp all credit, and not tolerate any dissent in regards to the writing or any other organization of the films he produces/directs. If he did at some point "have it", he lost it long ago.

Some say that it was after he split up with his wife that his movies began to decline in quality; that his wife was the main source of creative critique that he had.

Well at least people will finally realise that Star Wars are kids films.....

*run forest run*

exactly, all 6 of them are just kiddie bullshit, it's just that the first 3 got the nostalgia thing attached to them so they're considered superior.

/thread ?

[youtubehd]T69ftWNg97U[/youtubehd]

"Hey Qui-Gon, you don't wanna be late to your own funeral..."

I understand the decision to make a 3D version but I wont in a million years understand the decision to hire that goon as a professional voice actor.

Yeah, that voice is fucking grating.

Archived