IGNORED

Capitol K - Andean Dub

Redruth

http://www.capitolk.com/faith/

http://www.roughtrad...sku&sku=348887#

[youtubehd]LAhGJCfdyNo[/youtubehd]

"way back in 2008 capitol k flew out to south america and took an extensive road trip covering over 7000 kilometers of the continent through the territories of peru, bolivia and argentina meeting musicians, collecting instruments and market stall cdr's. dipping his toes in the burgeoning alternative club scene of buenos aires whilst simultaneously tracing the wanderings of early 20th century south american metaphysical literature. the journeys creative manifestation; a collection of experimental acid cumbia psych and lo- fi huayno and a series of live shows performed alongside brazilian tropicalist cibelle who contributed additional synths and vocal to the tracks. these renditions captured between temporal schedules, kept a place in his heart, in time receiving radio love from wfmu's dj rupture, creeping into miscellaneous global mix-tapes and soundcloud home page receiving thousands of plays from mexico city to london, lima to tokyo. spurred on to gather these tracks together for release which you find here titled 'andean dub'. kristian craig robinson as capitol k has traversed the spectrum of electronic lo-fi aesthetics through out 11 years and 5 albums. produces and records bands at studio plateaux which is located on a magic island on the river thames, he plays synths with the archie bronson out, and is presently immersed in a passionate affair with south american dance music, especially cumbia."

I preordered this already about a month or two ago. Capitol K is great IMO. One of the best things to come off of planet mu. I really like his post-mu releases too, GREAT work.

I preordered this already about a month or two ago. Capitol K is great IMO. One of the best things to come off of planet mu. I really like his post-mu releases too, GREAT work.

i should check his post-mu releases then. :)

i should check his post-mu releases then. :)

Yes absolutely! They are electronic, but they always in a really obscure way remind me of south american music, also very organic feeling even though they are mostly electronic noises..

I know that might not make sense =/

• 1 month later...

Archived