So recently I got a request from a user if there is a possibility to do a Kickstarter similar to the Caustic Window LP we did back in 2014 for Tom's "Methyl Orange" LP, a 2x12" whitelabel apparently only given to Richard, Chris Jeffs, GWC, and potentially a few other mates. Was destined for MEN Records (a Rephlex sublabel) back in 2003 but never saw the light of day.

Wait - what? "Methyl Orange LP"? I'd never heard of it until now...

So, a bit of Googling (you get a lot of science-y stuff if you just Google "Methyl Orange"), and I did find where I am assuming Tom played these tracks live for WARP20 and keyfumbler posted it to Mixcloud:

A comment on the Mixcloud page seems to indicate this set contains tracks from that LP, and Richard has played some in recent live sets:

unseenforces11mo ago

nice one. this had all those sought after tracks that everyone thought was aphex. turned out it was a TJ whitelabel he only released to mates. Methyl Orange.

Anyone have more info? I would like to know a bit more, and the possibility of a Kickstarter is highly unlikely, but I'd like to know more.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So recently I got a request from a user if there is a possibility to do a Kickstarter similar to the Caustic Window LP we did back in 2014 for Tom's "Methyl Orange" LP, a 2x12" whitelabel apparently o

And the god damn opening track, pure magic.  

Sorry if I gave anyone the impression that I am more "in the know" on this than what I stated - I never had heard of this proposed release until recently, and there is very little online to go on.

Guessing this thread could get a lot more attention if there was mention of it in the Aphex section of WATMM?

Nice, I would definitely support.

Or rather than a crowdfunder, go straight to the man himself and see if he will stick it up on bandcamp or something.

Methyl Furlough

Bancdamp / Bleepstore / Warp would be an amazing option as well, I'd rather have mastered version than vinyle rips. I'd pay nice money to finally be able to compulsively listen to those tracks in HD.

• Like 1

so you're asking us if we should do it? but you don't have the actual wax right? Do you have a connect with someone who would share them or is this just speculation?

Sharing the tunes would need Tom's approval anyway. Would be absolutely amazing if you could make it happen though Joydad.

Would be really cool if this happened - would be a huge pickmeup for a bunch of fans feeling the relentless onslaught that has been 2020 so far! 

I mean it won’t pay my back mortgage payments or anything lol but yeah.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now