IGNORED

Say your goodbyes to McGriff in here

Guest Rambo

i know i sound like a broken record but i just literally cannot understand why joyrex has decided to destroy what was a truely fantastic forum with this kiddie rules bullshit.

i still come because i have no idea where else to go, but seriously, it kinda hurts inside.

you cultivated a truly awesome forum joyrex, and now you've decided to just destroy it. it makes no sense to me

I'ma just lurk until new Ae/BoC/RDJ comes out, whichever's first.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

goDel - maybe I'm being too obtuse - but when I say the stuff about no censoring "publicly" what do you suppose the opposite of that might imply?

Not sure where you want to go here, but am I supposed to think about some 4chan type environment? Seriously? I'm still waking up at this side of the planet, so please take into account my psychosomatic restrictions which result in long start up times.

The end of the day - when Joyrex deletes a thread like Asymms about his wife's friend fantasizing about a proper rogering, there's nothing i can do. We've had discussions in private, but as has often been said, it is his forum.

Also sentiment in the air? Over fred going mad dog and englishmen?

Over a lot of things. Read the thread.

Come on man, you're high on my favorite posters list, but this just rubs me the wrong way. Do you really want to put salt on this point? What do you want to prove? It's just that time of the month and next week, we've all forgotten about it? Is that what you think?

I hope you're right. And to some extent, I think you are. But it's obvious this discussion has been part of the community for a long time. And will be. Thinking nothing of it is one way to deal with this. At least, it has been for the past years. And it probably will be in the future. That's something which I can accept. But not without some resistance. And it looks like I'm not the only one. This thread is more about the growing number of people getting tired of it and leaving. And about being a community (which means people care when people leave).

Again, excuse my melodramatic tone. I'm surprised by it as well, but I can't get my point across without sounding like a whiny old bitch, it seems. Thats's another thing I have accepted, btw.

No hard feelings. Just concerns.

goDel - maybe I'm being too obtuse - but when I say the stuff about no censoring "publicly" what do you suppose the opposite of that might imply?

Not sure where you want to go here, but am I supposed to think about some 4chan type environment? Seriously? I'm still waking up at this side of the planet, so please take into account my psychosomatic restrictions which result in long start up times.

The end of the day - when Joyrex deletes a thread like Asymms about his wife's friend fantasizing about a proper rogering, there's nothing i can do. We've had discussions in private, but as has often been said, it is his forum.

Also sentiment in the air? Over fred going mad dog and englishmen?

Over a lot of things. Read the thread.

Come on man, you're high on my favorite posters list, but this just rubs me the wrong way. Do you really want to put salt on this point? What do you want to prove? It's just that time of the month and next week, we've all forgotten about it? Is that what you think?

I hope you're right. And to some extent, I think you are. But it's obvious this discussion has been part of the community for a long time. And will be. Thinking nothing of it is one way to deal with this. At least, it has been for the past years. And it probably will be in the future. That's something which I can accept. But not without some resistance. And it looks like I'm not the only one. This thread is more about the growing number of people getting tired of it and leaving. And about being a community (which means people care when people leave).

Again, excuse my melodramatic tone. I'm surprised by it as well, but I can't get my point across without sounding like a whiny old bitch, it seems. Thats's another thing I have accepted, btw.

No hard feelings. Just concerns.

I meant that publicly I am stating my concerns over censorship whereas before I had conversed privately with Joyrex about it.

I get the concern, but really, this has happened a lot over the years. IMO...Springy is right - the golden years were right after it mutated from joyrex.com into watmm.com - that was what, like 2000-2001?

Lastly a question, what's the difference between a whiny old bitch and an old bitch?

peace and fucking :)

The difference is in the amount of sound they produce. Whiny old bitches produce more sounds, than just old bitches.

*stares out the window looking how fast the grass grows*

O, and one more thing. What really bugs me is that the text around avatars doesn't center. Looks totally horrible. And it's un-JR to do nothing about it. That's another thing to have concerns about.

JR, you alright old fart? Or are you busy looking for easter eggs with the juniors?

I've considered starting my own separate forum for us to talk of less serious things, basically, general banter and music discussion uncut. I think this would actually be HEALTHY for everyone involved: we get an awesome, clean-cut, music focused forum, and a more casual forum that acts as a community of like-minded people. Lets face it, we feel less alone because we know that there's other freaks out there like us listening to the same freaky music, so naturally we're gonna want to open up about other things in our lives that we struggle to open up to in real life because it's hard to find other people like us in real life.

I certainly wouldn't suggest a complete migration, just a "sister forum". This wouldn't be some stupid anti-watmm forum like Theo's stupid piece of shit forum (god I hate him). And Joyrex doesn't have to have anything to do with it if he doesn't want to, but we can all be members of both forums (or just one side or whatever). However, I do think it would be better if both forums worked together in a way (so JR can redirect people to the other forum, could add something to the rules saying "this is intended to be a music focused discussion board. However, should you feel the urge to discuss other topics with the same community, please visit forum.shwatmm.com").

Unfortunately, I haven't got the charisma to pull off something like that. I'm not sure many people know who I am, and if I made a thread saying "come to my forum" no one would see it.

In fact... I think this post would probably be missed as well. Probably cos I write too much. But anyway... my point is... this should be done. If anyone who has any clout on this forum wants to help me out I'd be glad to at least look into it, or at least help form the community.

Also, this discussion about supposed golden years....really? Is there one time which is more golden than the other? That's really laughable, imo.

Even if it's true (I'd personally agree about that period). I mean, this is a community with people coming and going. Everyone will have his own golden years. If it's really true there's a couple of old farts deciding which time slot is or isn't the REAL golden age, this community will actually have an end point. Right at the moment the last of the old farts leaves. And all the younger farts, who weren't there in the beginning (and who will have their own time slots of golden years - in general in the beginning of their stay), they just have to accept they're lesser members because of it. Sounds like a poor community.

Perhaps there's more golden years to come. And perhaps the old farts will think those are shit. They probably will. But they're just old farts.

@Springy: that's a great idea, but i don't see it working. If it would, we'd be laughing at the beak-forums right now. I suspect there's some smashing pumpkins kind of magic glue (Corgan often mentioned it) which makes this the place to stay. In love and hate. Somehow, all the spin-offs haven't been too successful. I can't put my finger on it why.

Also, this discussion about supposed golden years....really? Is there one time which is more golden than the other? That's really laughable, imo.

Even if it's true (I'd personally agree about that period). I mean, this is a community with people coming and going. Everyone will have his own golden years. If it's really true there's a couple of old farts deciding which time slot is or isn't the REAL golden age, this community will actually have an end point. Right at the moment the last of the old farts leaves. And all the younger farts, who weren't there in the beginning (and who will have their own time slots of golden years - in general in the beginning of their stay), they just have to accept they're lesser members because of it. Sounds like a poor community.

Perhaps there's more golden years to come. And perhaps the old farts will think those are shit. They probably will. But they're just old farts.

that's true. there's certainly been a lot more golden showers than golden years.

*farts*

*like a wolf*

IMO...Springy is right - the golden years were right after it mutated from joyrex.com into watmm.com - that was what, like 2000-2001?

Sorry for being nit-picky but it would have to have been at the EARLIEST around 2002, probably closest to 2003-4.

@Springy: that's a great idea, but i don't see it working. If it would, we'd be laughing at the beak-forums right now. I suspect there's some smashing pumpkins kind of magic glue (Corgan often mentioned it) which makes this the place to stay. In love and hate. Somehow, all the spin-offs haven't been too successful. I can't put my finger on it why.

I know, first of all, EVERYONE would need to be there AT ONCE (not dribbling in little bits at a time) and also the other thing that helps watmm is the huge backlog of discussion that is already there. Without any kind of history to go on it's hard to create something new and interesting.

That said... I still think it's possible, and worth trying (if it was something more organised and endorsed by WATMM itself, perhaps if there was even a way to move threads from this forum to the new one).

You might want to look JR deep in his blue eyes (or fiercely red?) and ask for those huge disks of watmm-history he put away in his basement. Reviving those in some sort of sister project might be a good start. There's so much good shit pre-2005, it makes my mind cry golden showers.

You might want to look JR deep in his blue eyes (or fiercely red?) and ask for those huge disks of watmm-history he put away in his basement. Reviving those in some sort of sister project might be a good start. There's so much good shit pre-2005, it makes my mind cry golden showers.

can we please get gaarg to mspaint this?

I really think that some genban subsections would help, and letting people post in the nonsense/crap thread section.

that's not it, you and Springymajig are missing the point i think, there have always been some element of absurd/humorous spontaneity that sometimes required nsfw material that made watmm what it is, and that's the thing that's being persecuted lately. i don't think there's a real desire for an actual nonsense/crap forum, some tit 'n' ass thread here and there but not much more than that. "xltronic" and previously xltronic and even beakdotcom (i hope someone saved the picture archives) offshoots weren't too popular.

/slowposter

I really think that some genban subsections would help, and letting people post in the nonsense/crap thread section.

that's not it, you and Springymajig are missing the point i think, there have always been some element of absurd/humorous spontaneity that sometimes required nsfw material that made watmm what it is, and that's the thing that's being persecuted lately. i don't think there's a real desire for an actual nonsense/crap forum, some tit 'n' ass thread here and there but not much more than that. "xltronic" and previously xltronic and even beakdotcom (i hope someone saved the picture archives) offshoots weren't too popular.

/slowposter

But if there was an alternate forum that allowed that sort of.. dare I say "edgy" humour, and STILL had a music discussion subsection (but perhaps not quite as divided up as WATMM) I think it would return us to where we were, while still providing a more formal database/discussion of music on normal WATMM.

Yes those other forums weren't successful, but that doesn't mean it would be impossible to start a new forum that WOULD be successful, it would just need to be "marketed" correctly, and we would need to make a more logical separation between WATMM and the new forum... there would need to be more changes made to WATMM too...

I dunno... I think it could work... but I think I've grown an admin brain since becoming a teacher and I keep trying to organise everything in life :P

Archived