IGNORED

Tribute Album to Incomplete Skyscrapers

Root5

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a pre-determined number for how many tracks there will make it onto the album? or does it all depend on the length/quality of the tracks?

There is no predetermined length. We could produce something considerably shorter or longer than a conventional LP. I'm guessing we'll produce something within the range of a conventional LP though.

And something to note, it doesn't only depend on the length/quality of the tracks. It also depends on how well the tracks work together.

of course not, but it would be nice to be able to burn it down on a cd for the car or something. like you could with last year's christmas comp.

:emotawesomepm9:

That was a coincidence, actually, because the christmas comp had no selection process. All tracks received were included (in the christmas spirit)

yes it is nice to be able to turn comps into CDs, an added bonus.

I downloaded a chillout artist album recently and the running time came to 82 minutes, very annoying! If your floating around the CD max limit surely you can make a cut to make it work. I ended up just leaving a track off the burn.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll bring up CD burnability with the judges.

In other news, I think we're ready to say that slightlydrybeans is doing the album art. Could you pm me slightlydrybeans? I sent you a pm but you didn't respond.

God damnit, why do I always forget about this... Oh well, no tune from me this year.

Now seems as good as a time as any to announce that I'm extending the deadline by 1 week. The new deadline is June 8th.

I've received 16 tracks so far, and probably some more will come in today, but I wanted to give people that extra change to get tracks in.

not enough solid tracks? :D

Realistically, I think there are enough solid tracks to make a good release already. Nonetheless, I want to give any stragglers a chance to make their submissions.

Guest Drahken

God damnit, why do I always forget about this... Oh well, no tune from me this year.

Now seems as good as a time as any to announce that I'm extending the deadline by 1 week. The new deadline is June 8th.

I've received 16 tracks so far, and probably some more will come in today, but I wanted to give people that extra change to get tracks in.

Thank you!

I'll try to make something not shitty for this.

Hmm, i wonder if i should do something more pseloduxy as a second submission.. My first submission is um, not much in line with my current style, hah.

Just to make sure all your borderline undecided people kick it in gear.

test3.gif

I'm playing with animated cover art. :D

Still very very rough at this point.

Badass!

Damn... I took a night off from the bars to finish the fucker. Now another week to start from scratch.

Archived