IGNORED

Music & Memory Association

Redruth

have certain memories in your life been defined by the music you were listening to at that moment? when you listen to certain album or trac does it take you back to certain memory of your past? post the album or trac that triggers this and perhaps a short description of the memory.

Bloody hell Troon, do you want a novel and my life storyl? lol

Trillions of them....

let's have one then? it does not need to be lengthy description, just a few words really

for instance - i've got these lovely memories of sitting in my car years back, in a park lot, in the rain and listening to 'the orb' 'o.o.b.e', laughing and talking with past girlfriend

[youtubehd]QNL2gziCKX8&feature=related[/youtubehd]

Out in a forest with the girlfriend at night a couple of years ago. It was our first time having sex not in a house. Good stuff.

I have great memories of music supplementing events, but nothing else really "Takes me Back"

One that comes to mind is Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty. I think it's the first song I remember. Whenever I hear it I feel like I'm sitting in my aunt's living room staring at a portrait of a pirate ship on rough seas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo6aKnRnBxM

The Chase by Giorgio Moroder reminds me of night time in NYC when I was about 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akyx5iu_z8Y

i remember raping children when i listen to christopher cross

Fucking lol :emotawesomepm9: Jesus that made me laugh.

Not that I find raping children funny mind (just in case you were wondering)

Okay when I listen to Michael Jackson, I think of all his pathetic, warped fans (those proper nutty ones) and how much I would love to mow them down with a fucking massive machine gun.

My mother used to play this album all the time when I was in my preschool years. I remember rolling around in the living room while this was playing on the old stereo. Encapsulates everything about my early years. Definitely one of the most nostalgic things in music for me. This made the use of this particular track in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, extremely powerful, sickening, and nostalgic all at once.

I remember my mom driving me to Lynch Park in Beverly MA circa 1990 while I was eating a McDonalds Happy Meal and Roxy Music's Avalon was playing on the radio of her red Toyota 4Runner

I listen to a lot of music while traveling/backpacking alone so I have a lot of tunes attached to different places in my mind.

For example:

Aphex Twin - Chosen Lords -> Tokyo, Japan

Gescom - Keynell -> Chiang Khong, Thailand, sitting outside my bungalow at sunset, drinking beer and watching Mekong flow by

Biosphere - Shenzhou -> Lviv, Ukraine

St. Etienne - Like a Motorway (Skin Up You're Already Dead) -> Hanoi, Vietnam

cLOUDDEAD - Dead Dogs Two (Boards of Canada remix) -> Travelling by train from Copenhagen to Hamburg

Seefeel - Seefeel album -> Landing to Yerevan, Armenia at some ungodly hour

'twine' - 'kalea morning' always puts me seaside, looking at whitecaps on a windy day, gazing into the horizon line

I think you're the first person I've seen mention Twine on here. That's my favourite track by them - though possibly equal favourite is the sister track Lightrain, both of which mix together seamlessly without needing to pitch shift or do anything funky (the whole purpose of the compilation I made a few years ago - tracks that naturally fitted together without pitch correction or time stretching:

http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/mp3/cubus_-_10_similarities.mp3 )

Funnily enough I remember exactly what I was doing first time I heard Kalea Morning. I'd just bought a pile of CDs from Warp for the sole reason of getting the [ace] Warp Pool Party CD, they arrived on a cold winters morning but I got round to listening the CD in the evening whilst putting up some Designers Republic prints on my bedroom wall (no idea where they are now).

'twine' - 'kalea morning' always puts me seaside, looking at whitecaps on a windy day, gazing into the horizon line

I think you're the first person I've seen mention Twine on here. That's my favourite track by them - though possibly equal favourite is the sister track Lightrain, both of which mix together seamlessly without needing to pitch shift or do anything funky (the whole purpose of the compilation I made a few years ago - tracks that naturally fitted together without pitch correction or time stretching:

http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/mp3/cubus_-_10_similarities.mp3 )

Funnily enough I remember exactly what I was doing first time I heard Kalea Morning. I'd just bought a pile of CDs from Warp for the sole reason of getting the [ace] Warp Pool Party CD, they arrived on a cold winters morning but I got round to listening the CD in the evening whilst putting up some Designers Republic prints on my bedroom wall (no idea where they are now).

i never put those two tracs together, mostly because i've not spent nearly the time with violets that i have with twine (self-titled) and recorder. it was soon after tadd mullinix lead me to recognize ghostly international that i discovered twine, years ago now and i've been glowing in the light ever since. really beautiful sounds, so iridescent, so expressive and delicate. i'm glad you also appreciate his talents. i usually listen to twine on inland, outside adventures or by the sea

Archived