IGNORED

Pokemon Battle Royale

Joyrex

Guest Gary C

I'm glad they haven't gone past the original 151... because I don't know anything about the other 200 or so.

tumblr_m2dwkk97PU1rop2v0o1_1280.jpg

I'm glad they haven't gone past the original 151... because I don't know anything about the other 200 or so.

tumblr_m2dwkk97PU1rop2v0o1_1280.jpg

There's over 600 now - my kids grew up on Pokemon, used to go with my son card collecting when he was little. Now we turn on the occasional new episode (the anime is still going after 600+ episodes over 10 years) and scratch our heads at the new Pokemon designs - there's these new emo "dragons":

Zweilous.jpg

Jesus i hate pokemon, at least the games anyway. I used to collect the cards just like everyone else back then.

HUH? the cards are really stupid and the games *might* be the most addictive thing I've ever played. Also the level of strategy is pretty unmatched in a 1v1 video game.

Guest Gary C

I never got into the cards either, but Red and Blue were amazing.

I've had Emerald on an emulator on my phone for over a year, but have never really got into it. Even 200+ is a little too daunting for me, especially when you have to catch the original 150 again. I'd find that I'd stick to the originals just because they were more familiar.

Yes the cards where stupid, but I was 7 or something.

I've played both the old and new pokemon games as an adult and they bore me to death. I guess most people view them with a nostalgic sheen that I don't have.

There's over 600 now - my kids grew up on Pokemon, used to go with my son card collecting when he was little. Now we turn on the occasional new episode (the anime is still going after 600+ episodes over 10 years) and scratch our heads at the new Pokemon designs - there's these new emo "dragons":

Zweilous.jpg

LOL ^Makes Gyarados look pretty fucking sick in comparison. Man, 600...are they all that goofy looking? (I'm sure a ton are super "cute")

I had Red and Blue, even a copy of Mew when I bought a cartridge from my friend back in the 7th grade. He played it as an RPG and moved on. I have my cards in a binder somewhere, even some Japanese editions (which was like the coolest fucking thing back then) My younger siblings played it even more than I did, and collected more toys and such.

Guest Gary C

I think I still have a Squirtle key-ring that lights up when shaken.

If only Pokemon hadn't passed from the cool-geek phase and into the geek-cool phase.

tumblr_m2j8xeTIwV1rop2v0o1_1280.jpg

Love this one. I used to collect the cards for a short period but it got a bit boring after a while. Not a match on Panini football albums. Think I had the red game on original Gameboy. Actually, I've still got it now.

What instantly turns me off about this, is that every Pokemon is drawn in a different artstyle.

I think that was the point of having a multitude of artists each take on a different pokemon...

seriously guys. mythical beings based on hundreds (thousands?) of years of japanese folklore, or mythical beings based on video games and tv shows. no brainer here, get real.

Yes the cards where stupid, but I was 7 or something.

I've played both the old and new pokemon games as an adult and they bore me to death. I guess most people view them with a nostalgic sheen that I don't have.

no it appeals to a) obsessive collectors and b) obsessive strategists and wraps them in such a brilliant skin of charming animal-like creatures that it doesn't just appeal to the obsessive geek types.

now the new heartgold whatever is completely nostalgia, but the basic formula of the games hasn't changed since the originals!

These are all AMAZING!!! This one alone just shows you the complete lack of creativity that went into the franchise after the first game... why make MORE pokemon when the first 150 weren't explored with anywhere NEAR the kind of depth they could have used? To tell stories, to have interesting battle mechanics etc...

tumblr_m2duphntA71rop2v0o1_1280.jpg

Archived