IGNORED

A few albums recently listened.

murve33

nice one Extralife ☝️

ED90A15A-3BB3-4903-B6DF-801E5C0A216C.jpeg.68e506cb224bfd3ab9652239cfb82619.jpeg

Did a trawl through Spotify for Sonic Youth stuff I may not have knowledge on. Found this. It’s pretty good. I did a search for it and found an old Rubin Farr thread but it didn’t scream resurrect me!!(there was only 4 or five posts)

Check it out. (If you like instrumental Sonic Youth)

Edited by beerwolf

spacer.png

Mendelson - Personne ne le fera pour nous (2007)

Almost through with a first listen to this French art rock album, also the first thing I've checked out from the group. I forget how this ended up in my list. Pretty interesting musically and lyrically (French is my native tongue but it's rusty after 30+ years in the US), but it is quite long at 90 minutes. Broke it up between morning dog walk, lunch dog walk & eating, and afternoon work. 

Edited by sidewinder

spacer.png

The Glove - Blue Sunshine (1983)

I think this was my first time checking out this Cure/Banshees side project, although it's been in my queue for a long time. It was decent, a little better than expected but no match for either band's output up to this point.

spacer.png

Body Meπa - The Work Is Slow (2020)

Instrumental rock, mix of experimental and post-rock I suppose, with some Krautrock influence. Second listen, as it happens exactly two months after my first.

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

NUEARZ - Saturation Point (2009)

Hadn't listened to this in a while, came to my attention when revisiting my best of 2009 list. Quite good stuff, and it's dawned on me I haven't paid much attention since. A search on the forum indicates I did listen to the follow-up, Face Lift, but probably just once and I don't remember it. I also didn't catalog it on RYM for some reason. ? Time to revisit that and check out the more recent ones. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Nice slice of cheese in your burger there but I know you prefer a unholy slice of Slayer in your ears J3FF3ROO ?

Nothing better than satan in my ears and cheese in my belly. 

• Big Brain 1

Welcome fool….you have come with your own free will, to the anointed place. The game is over.

Come. It is time to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man ? 

86F18312-7453-443A-A051-142C02124F0F.thumb.jpeg.ff3e1a1b5160ab733bc36676f9fa2134.jpeg

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 12:56 AM, sidewinder said:

spacer.png

Body Meπa - The Work Is Slow (2020)

Instrumental rock, mix of experimental and post-rock I suppose, with some Krautrock influence. Second listen, as it happens exactly two months after my first.

This is lovely, thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Writhing Squares - Chart for the Solution

Revisiting a ton of 2021 albums this week (and the next few...) so I can solidify a list, and this is what's on now. First album I've heard from this Phili band, playing jazzy space noise rock. Only my second time playing it front to back, but have heard a handful of the songs more due to shuffling playlists. Really good material, but album is a little long at 70 mins. Not uncommon for space rock and experimental rock of course. 

• Like 2

Ooh yeah.

Feel like smoking a swamp sized breeze block of hashish? And worshiping the bayou Queen Vampire Fairy, and maybe suck on her tasty titties? No problem my friend.

Feel like dancing naked around the swamp fire? With a peregrine falcon mask on and a belt made of many talons? And then plunging your cock head first into the blackened hell of the embers and jizzing in ecstasy until you implode into a cloud of insane cackling imps? No problem my friend.

Unfortunately the Masterchef final is NOW UPON US!!! And this tale must be cut short. And so I must bid farewell my good friend. Ahhh yes please put this album on and drench yourself in the mythical lore of the swamp, and most importantly THE MYTH OF THE RIFFF

9BF99C45-99F4-4669-8BA8-6684ED5C8F22.jpeg.f27a40b780faae0ab0f9f639c179b17e.jpeg

(Witch by Witch 2006)

Edited by beerwolf

Seeing as my brain has been almost totally fried and toasted from years of ingesting toxins from eating pike caught from the local canal which runs through a huge old postwar industrial site, I thought I might push myself across the finishing line into absolute mind chaos by playing The Psychedelic Deer Album. So hear it is. Greetings Deer. Farewell friends.

05295CB3-C5FF-4941-B454-F71BB5094870.jpeg.4070686cadb8063f83625c10a6bea6e3.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 7:52 AM, beerwolf said:

Seeing as my brain has been almost totally fried and toasted from years of ingesting toxins from eating pike caught from the local canal which runs through a huge old postwar industrial site, I thought I might push myself across the finishing line into absolute mind chaos by playing The Psychedelic Deer Album. So hear it is. Greetings Deer. Farewell friends.

05295CB3-C5FF-4941-B454-F71BB5094870.jpeg.4070686cadb8063f83625c10a6bea6e3.jpeg

Many memories of listening to this one back in the good old days. Still sounds great to me.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Extralife said:

Many memories of listening to this one back in the good old days. Still sounds great to me.

Gotta be in the mood for it, as I was Friday and then it hits the spot ? 

Sometimes I put it on and can’t get on with it and I skip to something else. Then you could say that about most of the best albums.

Edited by beerwolf

Smashing out the oldies left, right and centre for a fresh start 2022. Saved one of the best for last. An incredible, psychedelic rock album of the finest grade. Some tracks are shambolic, a couple not so good but that’s whats gonna happen if the sound inventors are quite obviously off their face. Sometimes collapse comes under the weight of the chaos and confusion.

But when everything lines up perfectly and the picture falls perfectly into focus….

AEDE3E35-13FE-4C55-BAB9-328E3D9DA318.thumb.jpeg.373410407f5e988a94ba74f907bb9529.jpeg

• Like 2