IGNORED

A few albums recently listened.

murve33

Right now playing Beneath The Remains ?

Chaos AD is easily my favourite. Critics loved it but I never got into Roots ?

Chaos AD forever ?

Edited by beerwolf

• 3 weeks later...

currently listening to (for the first time) Mummer by XTC

haven't listened to music proper in like 6 months, i think the last was Meridith Monk?

I feel like that's about where I'm at with music this days. I just want to listen to things which are very far removed from the kind of music I make

Oli XL - Rogue Intruder, Soul Enhancer (2019) (UK BASS/ IDM)

Astrobrite - Crush (2001) (SHOEGAZE)

The Chameleons - Script of the Bridge (1983) (POST-PUNK)

Daniel Avery & Alessandro Cortini - Illusion of Time (2020) (AMBIENT/ DRONE)

Eyedress - Sensitive G (2018) (HYPNAGOGIC POP)

LAN PARTY - PLUR (2020) (AMBIENT POP)

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 7:56 AM, viscosity said:

Was rummaging through some old computer games and other miscellaneous disks and found this which was given to me over a decade ago. Still holds up. Decided to upload it:

I need more random IDM cd-rs made with care and handed out in limited quantities to friends in my life, can we do like a watmm secret santa DIY music exchange?

• Like 1

Wish I had more to share, I just happened to dig that one up from a bucket of random CDs. Haven't spoken to the guy in a while, probably should have gotten permission to upload.. oh well. It's good stuff, deserves a listen.

13 hours ago, viscosity said:

Wish I had more to share, I just happened to dig that one up from a bucket of random CDs. Haven't spoken to the guy in a while, probably should have gotten permission to upload.. oh well. It's good stuff, deserves a listen.

Yeah that’s real nice stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

0PBtaAn.png

my boy p henry records jacques villeglé's bed-room activities, and (presumably) work activities. i wouldn't have known though had it not been spelt out in the notes.

thumb.png?JIDED1CD

soul jazz with poetry. this sounds like a record you'd get after visiting a museum installation except in this case there's also supposed to be a 4-part podcast when the rekkid drops on the 26th. knowing adrian there's some heat, but it's more of the simmering kind rather than that proper fire

news_8534.jpg

now this is that proper fire. all heat with no fillers

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just sat entirely still and listened with zero distraction to The Downward Spiral. Been a long time since I visited this particular shore. I remember buying this the weekend it was released and also sitting completely still and being enthralled by it and also slightly unnerved. The years gone by have only made it sound better. It’s pretty much like seeing a very slow moving dark tidal wave coming towards you and in slow motion being entirely engulfed by the fury of the sound and into the minds eye of a genius. 

No doubt in my mind a 10/10

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Just sat entirely still and listened with zero distraction to The Downward Spiral. Been a long time since I visited this particular shore. I remember buying this the weekend it was released and also sitting completely still and being enthralled by it and also slightly unnerved. The years gone by have only made it sound better. It’s pretty much like seeing a very slow moving dark tidal wave coming towards you and in slow motion being entirely engulfed by the fury of the sound and into the minds eye of a genius. 

No doubt in my mind a 10/10

Totally agree, just an amazing album. Further down the spiral was also my main intro to aphex and coil, so it will always have a place among the best. Remix albums have never had as strong of an impact on me, especially when the original was just so awesome.

• Like 1

I can't remember the last time I listened to an album with zero distraction. I'm always doing something else while listening to music, whether it's working, walking the dog, driving, or looking at something on my phone or laptop. I miss the old days.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I can't remember the last time I listened to an album with zero distraction. I'm always doing something else while listening to music, whether it's working, walking the dog, driving, or looking at something on my phone or laptop. I miss the old days.

Yeah, me too. I also used to set up my living room to be more focused on somewhere to sit and listen, but these days it’s way more set up for reading and tv. 

Driving is probably as close as I get to the old days.

4 hours ago, Himelstein said:

Driving is probably as close as I get to the old days.

Yup, driving and walking. But walking with a dog is more of a task, needing to pay attention to many things, as opposed to getting lost in your thoughts and the scenery like walks in the old days. Plus with a smartphone at one's disposal, a lot of thoughts prompt me to take a note or set a reminder or look something up on my phone as I'm walking. Never fully disconnected.

13 hours ago, Himelstein said:

Totally agree, just an amazing album. Further down the spiral was also my main intro to aphex and coil, so it will always have a place among the best. Remix albums have never had as strong of an impact on me, especially when the original was just so awesome.

Yes even Richy didn’t fuck about while on remix duties with TDS. He certainly did a fine job. Which worked out a wise move because over the years I’ve read countless times his remixes of NIN were key gateway tracks for new fans.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

Boris With Merzbow - 2R0I2P0 (2020) --> Noise / Drone metal

Les Rallizes Dénudés - Cable Hogue Soundtrack (1992) --> Psychedelic Kraut Rock

A Beacon School - Cola (2018) --> Dream pop

KYO - All the Same Dream (2018) --> Post-industrial R&B

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...