IGNORED

Daily Ambient

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, the setup isn't too bad. *waiting for the baby call solo*

Sometimes the dropbox hosted file dont work randomly. Sorry if anyone tried ti listen to 11 in the past 8 hours or so. Should be working now.

Also i submitted the feed yesterday to itunes so it should appear in podcast form soon too. :}

Now on day 14.

This is actually really challenging. I'm still digging it though. I find my whole process and descision making changing to be a lot more effecient and decisive. This is actually one of the main reasons I started this thing. :) This had really become an excersize in restraint.

Fuckers at iTunes still haven't accepted the podcast though.

Guest Frankie5fingers

man, i don't know if its you or me cause i can't listen to any of them now. :cry: i figured that it was just a quick problem you had to fix but ever since the format change i no longer can listen to any of them. i click play and they just don't start. which really makes me sad cause i want to hear these.

OK I changed the player. Does it work better now? The other one was doing some strange things, like creating 2 player buttons and stuff. Also what browser do you use?

Thanks for the heads up man.

OK ya it was most likely due to that exfm player. I swapped it for the AOL one hahahaha. I'm starting to get like 30 page views a day! woo hoo! Tumblr is perfect for this kind of thing really. I just wish they had a nicer player. Oh well. It works. Still no go on the podcast though. I submitted it like 10 days ago now D:

haha no but paulstretch is rad. Feels like cheating since it's like an instant ambient machine haha. It's a free sound sample. Free sound is also quite rad. I think I might go buy a cheap field recorder this week. ;p

Man it's getting tough making tracks everyday. I start running out of tricks and it really makes me dig deep to try new things.

I think I will try to keep it all at the very least atmospheric. The ambient format is nice though as it really frees you from having to worry about song structure. I think I'll be doing some beaty stuff later in the summer though as I have a couple of used Electribes waiting on me in the states. :)

i've been enjoying this for the most part man. definitely an interesting undertaking, good to see you're sticking with it too. i know that's gotta be hard to find time for.

i chuckled when i saw this:

Day 18

Where green meets grey.

Gear Used:

• Numerology

haha why did you laugh at Numerology? You probably thought I was divining some numbers or something, when in fact it's only modular sequencing. :D

>> five12.com

It's awesome. :P

Thanks for the complement Frankie! It's tough keeping them fun and listenable.

Also, I now have a podcast stream! >> http://bit.ly/DApodcast

Enjoy!

I'm not stopping :)

I did post a track a few hours late the other day though D:

Still on track. :)

I'll be traveling to the states soon, so that trip will create some interesting logistical issues haha. My laptop is barely powerful enough to run 2 plugins at the same time hahah. I've been only using it for recording, but I'll have to branch out during that trip lol. I think I might record a bunch of stuff I can loop and just use those pieces to bang something together on the plane. I must say though a plane is the probably the best place to make ambient music :D

Thanks for following along!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived