IGNORED

What RDJ is (almost) too embarrassing to admit you've never heard?

dr lopez

I'm not as interested in the really, really early stuff like Pac Man or Gak so I haven't heard it.

26 Mixes is a goldmine!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest drukqs11

i'm pretty sure i have all of his 'oficial' discography but from time to time, in my playlist i find some track i didn't listen before, so it's not about the album but about the song.

Sill to listen in my car i've made 3 Aphex Twin CD's: SAW (a compilation of my fav songs on both), my Analord Best of Compilation, and my 'RDJ hardcore compilation' consisting of the more abrasive stuff.

Guest Rabid

i'm pretty sure i have all of his 'oficial' discography but from time to time, in my playlist i find some track i didn't listen before, so it's not about the album but about the song.

I know what you mean. Some songs I didn't hear for a long time, like "Bike Pump Meets Bucket".

Guest sirch

I'm not as interested in the really, really early stuff like Pac Man or Gak so I haven't heard it.

26 Mixes is a goldmine!

Gak was released in 94, i think. so not really really early at all.

Guest sirch

you can't hide your love remix is rather dreadful to listen to. music is in the wrong key or at least sounds like it.

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

Lol. usagi said something funny.

26 Mixes is a goldmine!

Gak was released in 94, i think. so not really really early at all.

Herm...

The record is sourced from demos Richard D. James sent to Warp Records in 1990 prior to his signing

Thus, these tracks composed well before the 90s

Guest sirch

where'd you get the quote from?

also, i don't know how 'demos sent to warp in 1990' = that they were made "well before the 90's" ? lol

i've got GAK... It's indicated on the back cover :

Retreived From WARP Archives, 1990

& the quote "The record is sourced from demos Richard D. James sent to Warp Records in 1990 prior to his signing" is from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAK_%28EP%29

Guest sirch

i've got GAK... It's indicated on the back cover :

Retreived From WARP Archives, 1990

& the quote "The record is sourced from demos Richard D. James sent to Warp Records in 1990 prior to his signing" is from : http://en.wikipedia....g/wiki/GAK_(EP)

cool. thanks for the info.

still, to me it sounds like it was done later than 1990. cos some tracks have quite a 'poppy' simple melodic vibe to them.

the tracks are more 'straight up' if you know what i mean. they're not very 'techno' or hard-hitting.

one of them (i forget the name) could even have been a B-side to Windowlicker. (imo)

and when i tried to download drukqs on soulseek i got banned after disc1 so i can't hear the rest now. It's a bit too noisy for me anyway and the piano bits are a bit too boring. i did listen to that analord song on youtube but it sounded like old fashioned music.

The ABB 3 CD got only a few listens and was recently sold by me. I never bought the vinyl release even though I try to have everything from him on vinyl.

The same for Melodies on Mars and ABB V. They are not my cup of tea.

some of/most of the Analords.

don't even know which ones because i didn't bother keeping up after i listened to probably just the first one or 2 when they came out and thought wtf? this is pants. and was utterly bored by it.

same with the Tuss. just because i was expecting a lot more from him, after Windowlicker and Drugs, i guess.

the Analords were just one of the biggest disappointments of the last decade, for me, i think.

wow, for me The Tuss and Analords is his best work, quite brilliantly different, you should give it a listen,granted there are some weak tracks but many great tracks in there :)

that mike and rich album i didn't really like, 26 mixes has some crap tracks too but also great, i personally hate that flow coma track and the bowie track,

Archived